• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

lakerz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

any word on about what % the demo is of episode 1?

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Is there a reason that the Demo is only for Europe? I am blocked from downloading it…..or maybe they just don’t like me. lol

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

GreyFuss - 15 October 2012 11:29 PM

Is there a reason that the Demo is only for Europe? I am blocked from downloading it…..or maybe they just don’t like me. lol

theres 2 links Tongue one for europe and one for not-europe. Click the one thats above the “click here”

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

If you’re on the link on the Cognition page, click the image that talks about the demo, or just go to the Rain page to download it directly: http://raindg.com/title/cognition/

The link below that is specifically for Europe because those folks won’t be able to access Rain.

As for what percentage, hmm…well, the demo takes about 30 minutes, and we estimate the whole Episode to take 6-8 hours. So I’d say it’s about 10%.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks Zane but the only link above the European Demo is the Video Trailer not a Demo of the game as it states. Unless they think that a Trailer is a Demo. I thought they were referring to a Demo of actually playing the game so a player can see if they want to purchase the full pass or not. Trouble with these episodic games is they don’t have a very good track record for finishing all the episodes.

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Hi GreyFuss: scroll down at the link in question (http://raindg.com/title/cognition/) and you’ll see the banner button for downloading the demo there, under the video player.

And we’ll absolutely be finishing all episodes of this game! Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

KatieHal - 15 October 2012 11:37 PM

As for what percentage, hmm…well, the demo takes about 30 minutes, and we estimate the whole Episode to take 6-8 hours. So I’d say it’s about 10%.

wow. Yep i got through the demo in about 40 minutes. Count me in as intrigued.
positives:
*good music
*nice art feel
*an all-around strong atmosphere
*good voice acting
*the cognition mechanic “fits”, and its a mechanic worth building a game around

negatives:
*some animations were a little shaky or slow (having to watch erica move slowly across the graveyard after clicking to interact with statue)
*some moments felt a biiit too drawn out (like the wheel on the door)

I’d say it gets a thumbs up from me. Can’t wait to see what its like with more exploration.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks KatieHal

I see it now…it was off the screen and the video Trailer was playing. Thanks for clearing that up for me. As for “And we’ll absolutely be finishing all episodes of this game!”  I hope so but that is what they all say (no disrespect)

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Hey guys,

Thank you for the demo feedback so far! We think we have something really special in this game, and we hope that you can enjoy it very soon!

Regarding the following episodes, we have Episode 2 about 60% complete at this point, and Episode 3 is being voiced recorded at the moment, with about 30% done. Episode 4 currently lives in an outline of the game Smile We also have the budget to finish the game. So, we are pretty confident that we’ll see all 4 episodes through.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

any ETA for episode 1??

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Very, very soon Smile

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Great Demo, but how much bug killing will be done before release? I’ve experience no gameplay bugs, but visually a bunch of animation ones.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Anyone else listened to the soundtrack?

It’s amazing stuff.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

For reference as a possible bug, the demo froze for me when Erica is digging with the shovel in the back of the mausoleum, it cuts to a seeming cognition scene and just freezes there, and it does it every time.  I have a really old computer(circa 2004) so it’s quite possible that the problem is just my comp, but it had been running fine up to that point so figured I’d report it just in case.  The soundtrack is quite good from what I’ve heard of it thus far.

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

My guess would be that’s an issue of your computer perhaps not meeting the minimum requirements. What graphics setting did you run the demo on? (Fastest, Simple, Good, etc)

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top