• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week 3 - Original Songs

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I’d forgotten how much I liked the Neverhood music! Just like Lady K, I would listen just to the soundtrack while working on other stuff. The theme is probably the best but I like Everybody Way Oh quite a bit too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m in the company of Lady K having never played Neverhood (I own it, but it runs clunky on my PC) but wasn’t the Armikrog soundtrack composed by the same guy? I like the music from that, as silly as it is.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

diego - 29 May 2017 06:36 AM

Great theme! I’m too lazy to write my own Top 10, but the undisputed no 1 would be:

Meh. As far as I’m concerned, Consumite Furore is to O Fortuna what Girl in the Tower is to Somewhere Out There: a cheesier copy of a piece that was pretty cheesy to begin with.

(Sierra had some of the best composers in the gaming industry, but, frankly, Mark Seibert was a bit of a hack.)

Also, the Skeleton Dance

I can’t believe I forgot this one. Well, actually I thought about it, but excluded it because it didn’t have vocals. Guess I completely forgot about the remastered edition…

Oscar - 29 May 2017 06:40 AM

I also agree with diego about Skeleton’s in the Closet

Someone didn’t click the link… Tongue

Oscar - 30 May 2017 07:51 PM

I’m in the company of Lady K having never played Neverhood (I own it, but it runs clunky on my PC)

ScummVM?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kurufinwe - 31 May 2017 02:29 AM
Oscar - 29 May 2017 06:40 AM

I also agree with diego about Skeleton’s in the Closet

Someone didn’t click the link… Tongue

Oh, right. And you did say Skeletons in my Closet was nice, even if maybe not Top 10 material.

I’m in the company of Lady K having never played Neverhood (I own it, but it runs clunky on my PC)

ScummVM?

I had no idea it was compatible. I’ll give it a try.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Lots of cool songs and music mentioned already and I especially loved the Life is Strange soundtrack.

However, one game that hasn’t been mentioned yet whose soundtrack completely blew me away was Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. It fitted so perfectly with the tone and setting of the game, it really does sound like English madrigal/sacred music at some points. One particular bit with lyrics is “The Mourning Tree”. So beautifully evocative and wonderfully written and orchestrated.

Probably my favourite soundtrack evar.

Also Barrington Pheloung’s work on BS1 - so lovely, although orchestral.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

TerminusEst - 30 May 2017 07:29 PM

I’d forgotten how much I liked the Neverhood music! Just like Lady K, I would listen just to the soundtrack while working on other stuff. The theme is probably the best but I like Everybody Way Oh quite a bit too.

The Leon Redbone riffs were my favorite parts but I’m not finding any game clips of his.  Copyright I guess.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Intense Degree - 02 June 2017 06:35 AM

Lots of cool songs and music mentioned already and I especially loved the Life is Strange soundtrack.

However, one game that hasn’t been mentioned yet whose soundtrack completely blew me away was Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. It fitted so perfectly with the tone and setting of the game, it really does sound like English madrigal/sacred music at some points. One particular bit with lyrics is “The Mourning Tree”. So beautifully evocative and wonderfully written and orchestrated.

Probably my favourite soundtrack evar.

Thumbs Up

Soundtrack alone is great but mixed with the visuals Cry  Amazing game

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

ScummVM?

I had no idea it was compatible. I’ll give it a try.

Let me know if it works in Scumm, Oscar.  If so, I may try to track down a copy.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

wilco - 02 June 2017 01:23 PM

Soundtrack alone is great but mixed with the visuals Cry  Amazing game

Definitely. I’m not usually much of a graphics guy but some of that game, the combination of the music and the beautiful graphics, I seriously nearly did cry!

That video makes me want to replay it now!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 May 2017 05:57 AM

The Hall of Shame

3 - Girl in the Tower (King’s Quest VI)

Oh, King’s Quest… Stop trying to make songs happen. You’re just embarrassing yourself.

KQ5’s horrid March of the Ants and KQ7’s mediocre Disney-inspired A Land Beyond Dreams were pretty awful—but neither of those tries as hard, and fails as bad, as KQ6’s soulless, formulaic Girl in the Tower, a song that single-handedly embodies all the worst parts of the 90s.

Oh, that brings back repressed memories. Yes, as much as I loved King’s Quest 6, that music is awful.

One of my favorite song is from To The Moon. That game is incredibly moving and the soundtrack is a big part of that.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

giom - 05 June 2017 02:27 PM

One of my favorite song is from To The Moon. That game is incredibly moving and the soundtrack is a big part of that.

Have you played Rakuen? The story and soundtrack are every bit as moving as To The Moon. It’s a very amazing and well done game! Laura Shigihara composed/performed/and produced the soundtrack to Rakuen as well Smile Highly recommended!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Sir Beardalot - 05 June 2017 10:58 PM
giom - 05 June 2017 02:27 PM

Have you played Rakuen? The story and soundtrack are every bit as moving as To The Moon. It’s a very amazing and well done game! Laura Shigihara composed/performed/and produced the soundtrack to Rakuen as well Smile Highly recommended!

Thanks Sir Beardalot! I didn’t know it was out yet. I remember reading about it a couple of years ago.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t yet played To the Moon, Giom, but that song is beautiful.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 06 June 2017 01:10 PM

I haven’t yet played To the Moon, Giom, but that song is beautiful.

I see it’s available for Mac, LadyK Smile

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Another one from the Discworld games..

Always liked this tune haha (sung by Rob Brydon if im not mistaken who also voiced various other characters. See him on BBC shows all the time)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top