• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2017

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 June 2017 04:19 PM

When is it coming out? We’ve been seeing demos for a long time now and we’re already sold so ship it already.

We saw 2 demos only, HR had so many
DaysGone and this not sharing dates now, but Cage said in an interview with Geoff all shooting done , many ingame scenes done many left and final polish
Considering detail and more choices than HR, it should be August next year at max
They have another project in parallel maybe VR

Pretty sure gow,D,Spidey next year, Daysgone might too since 2 same games in 2019 will be stupid(tlou2) and 2019 will be also reveal of PS5 i guess, Horizon 2 and Spidey 2 will be PS5 with definite version of tlou2 and Dstranding

Big question is where the hell is sucker punch game? Its been 3 years

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw the Nintendo show, nothing very surprising but what they showed looks good, specially Mario with the new gameplay twist. Like I said, 2017 is solid and very good for a first year, lets see if they can keep up the releases next 2 years when 3rd party doesn’t pick up.
Metroid is 2019 most probably, next trailer in E3 2018. Metroid 3DS doesn’t look bad for a 3DS game, the gameplay seemed ok but it’s 3 years too late for the platform.

nomadsoul - 13 June 2017 03:36 PM

Sony own live demos stream, Detroit shaping up better than Beyond , its

HeavyRain Androids, amount of detail is staggering and looks much improved in gameplay department

Showing same Spiderman footage…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 June 2017 04:48 PM

check keelay stream for AssO director QA

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 June 2017 05:03 PM
wilco - 13 June 2017 04:48 PM

check keelay stream for AssO director QA

According to that stream there’s going to be a colosseum panel later, maybe that’s it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hahahaha simple swedish guys slipped to Dani, Wolf is a trilogy
So Wolf3 confirmed Grin
On Colosseum now

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 June 2017 05:50 PM

Hahahaha simple swedish guys slipped to Dani, Wolf is a trilogy
So Wolf3 confirmed Grin
On Colosseum now

That game needs to be a big success, hope it doesn’t bomb like Dishonored2. Tough release date. Wonder if wouldn’t be better to release it in a less crowded date.

Reading Minecraft and Rocket League will allow crossplay between Switch/Xbone/PC and Sony doesn’t allow it with PS4. Have no interest in the games but why is Sony being so stingy?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rewind and check some new footage and playout of Daysgone
some emergent stuff

edit

Have to say Dgone is doing some good stuff , many options and variety than tlou so i wonder if they are gonna improve gameplay options in tlou2
Daysgone is combining TR stype stealth,crafting and tlou type encounters on drugs

wilco - 13 June 2017 05:58 PM

That game needs to be a big success, hope it doesn’t bomb like Dishonored2. Tough release date

Wolf1 sold good like ew and doom
Dishonored was always a hard sell, and being hardcore fan of Harvey and Arkane, i even didnt like Dis2…though they are making all amendments in Standalone expansion
Also Dis2 was badly optimized same for Prey’s commercial failure

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Reading Minecraft and Rocket League will allow crossplay between Switch/Xbone/PC and Sony doesn’t allow it with PS4. Have no interest in the games but why is Sony being so stingy?

I’m paraphrasing, but basically they don’t want their players mixing with the weirdos that are on other systems.

Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don’t have an explanation for why. That’s what I’m getting at, really.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We’ve got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it’s all ages but it’s also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 14 June 2017 03:28 AM

I’m paraphrasing, but basically they don’t want their players mixing with the weirdos that are on other systems.

Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don’t have an explanation for why. That’s what I’m getting at, really.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We’ve got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it’s all ages but it’s also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.

Wow so xbox and pc and switch players are perverts and rapists, and daddy sony is protecting us from them?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yosp interview, Spidey can be played differently , same scene also his best PS4 game is
Bloodborne
Also purposely not shown games, later this year

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/sony_we_held_ps4_exclusives_back_from_e3_2017

MVC Demo is good, better gameplay than Inj2 but man loading is atrocious

Hmm this is BGE ingame state right now, atleast its not Switch exclusive so one rumor thats false in our favor

SoccerDude28 - 14 June 2017 03:33 AM

Wow so xbox and pc and switch players are perverts and rapists, and daddy sony is protecting us from them?

Yeah Dice dev once said Xbox online gamers are less elegant than PS4 one ( IIRC dont ask me to dig this online Smile )

Personally i dont think its a matter at all to get riled over , plenty of users on PS4 alone
Also companies are privy to share online data to competitors or small outfits

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Time for my best of E3

Best Conference
Bethesda = No bullshit demos, no games far away from release, show whats releasing soon and both Ew2 and Wolf2 are crazy improvements

Check this

MS = C ( Didnt have recore or scalebound type news and mostly indies at 4k and 3rd party as main games, saying we cant depend upon Halo and Gears and what about depending upon Forza )

Ninty = D- ( Same games announced in Jan but with extra Metroid trolls)

Sony = B ( Can’t match last 2 E3s,missed hat trick but graphical powerhouse, who needs X when you can’t look as good as Sony first party? Lost legacy to gow to Daysgone to Detroit all competing within themselves )
Sotc (like Crash)was a statement that why we need remasters or remakes and not backward compatibility

Ubisoft = B
Best ubi show, back to back games, no Ayesha cringe and BGE but as usual many will get downgrades but was good time pass

Best games

Wolf2,Metro Exodus, Evilwithin2, Sotc remake and Detroit

Disappointments

Asscreed Origins = Was hyped to get into egypt, might will thanks to dec loading but man
too much jank in the demo, cats clipping in main model, dead AI, popins, clunky combat etc

BGE2 = Early show, dont like monkey and aesthetic change, Focus group game, where is Wild , ancel has lot to work upon, BGE will be in shows to come…like DS

Hidden Agenda = Why not make it like UntilDawn , so much good shit for controlling an investigation game

13 sentinels= Why to come to E3 when you have old trailer to show?

XboneX = Joke of a system

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Pretty boring E3, only a couple of big news.

Conferences:
Ubi>Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft>EA

Didn’t see Bethesda and only half of the PC one

Ubi was their best conference, games look good and some surprises despite all the leaks
Nintendo - Mario look great showed some promising games and revealed Metroid but was too short
Sony has the best games line-up yet half-assed this E3 conference, was Adam Boyes the guy behind the hype conferences machine?
Microsoft had good pacing throught the conference but no big games for a nwe hardware with a terrible price
EA was EA

Best trailer:
Wolfenstein 2

Best revelation:
Beyond Good and Evil 2 followed by best moment of Ancel tearing up on stage

Worst day for wallets:
27th Octeber - Assassins Creed Origins; Wolfenstein 2; Mario Switch release date

nomadsoul - 14 June 2017 12:31 PM

Sotc (like Crash)was a statement that why we need remasters or remakes and not backward compatibility

We don’t need backwards compatibility because half a couple of games are being remade? No, do both, stuff like Killer 7 gets lost (or released on PC)

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Conferences
Ubisoft : A
Assassin’s Creed Origins and Far Cry 5 look really good and they are great return to form. South Park looks as good as ever, and The Switch Rabbids game is something I would play. Surprising new IP announcements like Skulls and Bones are a nice surprise, and of course BGE 2 is the announcement of the show.

Bethesda : B
Spent half the conference talking about their old games, but the new games they showed look good. Wolfenstein looks stunning, and Evil Within 2 looks interesting.

Nintendo : B
Also a strong showing from big N. Great announcements like a Xenoblade sequel, Metroids for DS and Switch, and a bunch of platformers like the Yoshi and Kirby games. But the star of the spotlight was by far the new Mario game.

Sony : C
Sony had really strong shows the last couple of years, but they seem to have taken their foot off the pedal this year. They have the most exciting exclusive lineup, and Spiderman, God of War, and Detroit look great, but they have no new exciting announcements. Also lack of indie support is disappointing. They really miss Boyse spectacle.

MS : D
Microsoft had a lot to prove, and they came swinging with the XBOX One X, but they forgot that the point of a console is to play games. They showed a lot of games (42 according to Spencer), but most of them are indie or multi-platform. Don’t take me wrong, I love the indies they showed like Ashen, Cuphead and Ori 2, but those do not need a $500 console. Metro and Anthem looked great, but they are multi-plat. I really liked Sea of Thieves, and was really disappointed by the new Crackdown.

EA : F
Besides A Way Out which looked great, all they had were a bunch of sports games. Battlefront 2 looked good but I’m not the targeted audience for it.

My favorite games of the show: Spiderman, God of War, Ori 2, Far Cry 5, new Mario, and Wolfenstein.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 June 2017 04:52 PM

We don’t need backwards compatibility because half a couple of games are being remade? No, do both, stuff like Killer 7 gets lost (or released on PC)

Some ports or just upscaled games dont look good, Jim ryan has a point
FF7,arcthelad etc

Yes Killer7 style has aged well can use just ps2 rel but remaster/remake would be even better
I mean look at RE0,Vanquish,wipeout,crash,silvercase and now Sotc etc

SoccerDude28 - 14 June 2017 05:14 PM

Great announcements like a Xenoblade sequel, Metroids for DS

They are objectively downgrades from their past games, Treehouse footages show utter cheapness , you can tell Ninty dont treat them like Mario or zelda

Also lack of indie support is disappointing

Not lacking but not shown…Sony is the only company who will have conferences with new announcements..E3 is not just the only playground for Sony but MS, i mean its only practical decision
Sony will be only company who will be the talk of gaming industry in months to come

but most of them are indie or multi-platform

But master Spencer said to Gspot Minecraft in 4k rocks, your love of spencer has faded rather quickly Grin

My favorite games of the show: Spiderman, God of War, Ori 2, Far Cry 5, new Mario, and Wolfenstein.

Good to see Wolf and Metro catching attention unanimously, not under dogs anymore
Mario is gonna sell like hot fkin cakes, some e3 footage is like SMgalaxy killer

BGE 2 is the announcement of the show

Well few days ago Smile

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 07:57 PM

Wishful thinking Smile I’ll bet you guys whatever you like BGE 2 won’t be there. I bet Ubi saw the sales of Mirror’s Edge sequel and they will forget about BGE 2. Plus isn’t Ancel busy running a studio and making Wild?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 June 2017 07:32 PM

Not lacking but not shown…Sony is the only company who will have conferences with new announcements..E3 is not just the only playground for Sony but MS, i mean its only practical decision
Sony will be only company who will be the talk of gaming industry in months to come

No, their attitude towards indies has changed. Your best friend Shawn Layden implied that in the interview. I personally think it was Adam Boyse driving that, and now he’s gone. Why did they remove the indie option from their store? Before it used to be in the main menu, then it became an option in one of the side pages. Now it is completely gone and you can’t filter by indies anymore. Microsoft are actually doubling down on indies, as you can see from the time they had in their conference.

But master Spencer said to Gspot Minecraft in 4k rocks, your love of spencer has faded rather quickly Grin

Well you are missing the context. He also said that Minecraft is the most popular game out there, just for a different audience, and there are lots of people who play Minecraft that would be excited about the graphical overhaul. Is it for me and you? probably not since we are not minecraft diehards, but i will probably make lots of Minecraft fans happy.

I actually watched that interview with Gspot and master Spencer is a true gentleman. I actually really like him as a person. The fact that he is allowing for Playstation fans to play minecraft with XBOX fans shows the difference in attitude between him and Jim Ryan’s stance that Sony wants to protect you from those XBOX and PC savages.

Mario is gonna sell like hot fkin cakes, some e3 footage is like SMgalaxy killer

This is the best Mario I have seen in years. The hat mechanic is amazing. Reminds me a little bit of Omikron: The Nomad Soul, your namesake Tongue

BGE 2 is the announcement of the show

Well few days ago Smile

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 07:57 PM

Wishful thinking Smile I’ll bet you guys whatever you like BGE 2 won’t be there. I bet Ubi saw the sales of Mirror’s Edge sequel and they will forget about BGE 2. Plus isn’t Ancel busy running a studio and making Wild?

Yeah I was shocked. They did a really good job keeping it secret even from their own employees Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top