• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445L_machine

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming Movies - Trailer Zone

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/resident-evil-reboot-cannes-film-festival-1202439086/

6 more films incoming

Mikami game will live for 2030 and beyond??

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Topgun 2 confirmed

Hope Val makes it in, he has been recovered too

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rebecca is down to damsel and they make Claire hotshot

Leon is now pretty much Dante

VR experience is cool ass though

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Time to drop trailer already enough with drip feed marketing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Neill doing what he should be doing, experimental films…which is what i wanted after
District9 and it looks legit…thats how you merge CG with real

Total Posts: 1641

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I saw wonder woman and

wow I just dont get it, I saw wonder woman today and it is WAY OVERHYPED. Bad acting every where (except chris pine) special effects that were really subpar especially the final battle scene, and the movie was shot in such a way that it gave my wife a serious headache that had her in tears by the end of the movie. This rant will contain mild spoilers

First off lets talk about the positives which there are some, loved how they handled the backstory and everything on the island. the major battle scene with the amazons on the beach was epic and well shot. Chris Pine has proven to me he is not just a good actor but a freaking fantastic actor. He is good in the star trek movies but his role in hell or high water last yr was wonderful, and to me he single handedly carried this movie through a much too long run time. I also really enjoyed the music and gal gadot def looks the part.

Things I didnt like, super one note villains with stupid looking phantom of the opera masks to boot. I dont see why gal is getting such high praises for her acting, she is not terrible but not very good either, I think it is bc chris pine carried her through the movie. After the first action scene the rest was not very good especially all the slow motion shots, which on at lest one occasion I spotted that it was not gal but a stunt double. The final battle was awful with how wonder woman beat aries with what basically boils down to a shield made of love. Going back to Gal gadot and her acting I have seen several reviewers say she was just as good as christopher reeves was in the original superman. All I can say is hahhhahahahaha no way, Reeves was so good and such a good actor he actually made people forget that superman and clark kent were the same person. Also to keep this star wars related if rey is a marry sue, than move over bc the mary sue ship has a new captain and her name is Wonder Woman. She never struggled even as a kid, I think she might have taking some form of damage a grand total of 4 to 6 times in the movie. She was half god half Amazon and she took down aries (A god in the movie that killed every single other god ever) with no problem. Back to the seizure inducing edits and quick shots, it gave my wife such a huge migraine that she was in tears by the end of the movie, it got real bad when aries was defeated and the screen flashed a bright white. I actually have a small headache too. For the record a lot of movies give my wife a small headache like a guardians of the galaxy and both new star wars films, but nothing like this. Final thing The CGI was really bad for a lot of the movie, I thought GOG2 had the same problems with its effects. Even though im not a huge rogue one fan, bc of the characters and acting. the action in rogue one and how the scenes were staged, blow wonder woman out the water.

For the record I dont hate the movie but it is way overhyped and the only reasons I can see why it is getting such good reviews bc it is a female led movie with a female director.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

As a counterpoint I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was fantastic.

It’s not overhyped it’s not getting 5 star reviews, mostly 4/5. Most people argee that the film falls off in the last 10 mins when it reverts to the usual CGI fight.

Personally I thought the acting was pretty decent from the little girl who plays Diana on the island to Gal herself.

Good action sequences up until that last fight and a fun time was had.

As for her ease of killing Ares, she was born to do it she is the godkiller.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1641

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 04 June 2017 05:35 AM

As a counterpoint I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was fantastic.

It’s not overhyped it’s not getting 5 star reviews, mostly 4/5. Most people argee that the film falls off in the last 10 mins when it reverts to the usual CGI fight.

Personally I thought the acting was pretty decent from the little girl who plays Diana on the island to Gal herself.

Good action sequences up until that last fight and a fun time was had.

As for her ease of killing Ares, she was born to do it she is the godkiller.

eh to me thats an easy out ares was winning until chris pine died then she walked through him like he was nothing, bc of “love” that made me roll my eyes so hardLike I said didnt hate it but to me far from fantastic besides chris pine’s performance which was pitch perfect. Also I think some of it for me is super hero fatigue and being able to guess the plot within the first hr for the record I figured out the over the top german general was not ares within 5 minutes. Plus the whole plot line of him sniffing blue gas pills went no where, he took a hit of one and wonder woman still crushed him in 0.5 seconds lol

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This is what happens when you give 200 million dollars to Luc Besson to let him adapt the graphical novel that inspired him to make The Fifth Element:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

High hopes but low expectations. But if Besson makes this even half as good as The Fifth Element was, then it’ll be awesome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for the heads up on Valerian, Timo.  It’s one I will definitely go to see.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I used to love the comics as a child - will definitely keep an eye on this one!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 18 June 2017 05:17 PM

This is what happens when you give 200 million dollars to Luc Besson to let him adapt the graphical novel that inspired him to make The Fifth Element:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

High hopes but low expectations. But if Besson makes this even half as good as The Fifth Element was, then it’ll be awesome!

Looks good and I like 5th Element a lot, but who does Luc Besson scam to get 200M? How can this make that kind of money

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 19 June 2017 04:13 PM

Looks good and I like 5th Element a lot, but who does Luc Besson scam to get 200M? How can this make that kind of money

Lucy cost 40 million and made 450+ million. I think that gives a lot of clout and frees up a lot of budget for Besson’s next venture. Wink

Besides, Luc Besson is a god in France.

Coming from a string of successful and acclaimed films in France (like La Femme Nikita and Le Grand Bleu), they gave him 16 million to make Léon (The Professional). At that time, it was one of the most expensive French movies ever (if not THE most expensive - European films tend to be relatively cheap), and it made 45+ million in box office.
Then he got 75 million dollars to make The Fifth Element (at that time the most expensive non-Hollywood film ever, and more than 4 times the biggest budget ever given for a French film). It made 260+ million in box office.
The Fifth Element remained the most expensive French film until Astérix aux Jeux olympiques overtook it in 2008 with a tiny margin: 78 million.

Considering Besson was coming off the enormous success of Lucy in 2014, I guess someone decided he was worth the gamble. He doesn’t have a lot of failures in his track record.

Valérian is now BY FAR the most expensive non-Hollywood film ever with its 197 million budget.
Undoubtedly Besson, who has been a successful producer over the years as well, has a large stake in the budget as well.

Oh, and to illustrate just how important Besson is in French cinema: he wanted to shoot Valérian entirely in France. Because it’s an English language film, he wouldn’t get any tax credits on the production, which would inflate the costs considerably, so he threatened to film it elsewhere. THEY PROMPTLY CHANGED THE LAW to keep the film in France.

Also keep in mind that this has been a pet project for Besson for quite a lot of years. He’s a lifelong fan of the comics, and even worked with the comics’ graphics artist Jean-Claude Mézières for the concept art and set design of The Fifth Element…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 June 2017 05:30 AM
wilco - 19 June 2017 04:13 PM

Lucy cost 40 million and made 450+ million. I think that gives a lot of clout and frees up a lot of budget for Besson’s next venture. Wink

Besides, Luc Besson is a god in France.

Coming from a string of successful and acclaimed films in France (like La Femme Nikita and Le Grand Bleu), they gave him 16 million to make Léon (The Professional). At that time, it was one of the most expensive French movies ever (if not THE most expensive - European films tend to be relatively cheap), and it made 45+ million in box office.
Then he got 75 million dollars to make The Fifth Element (at that time the most expensive non-Hollywood film ever, and more than 4 times the biggest budget ever given for a French film). It made 260+ million in box office.
The Fifth Element remained the most expensive French film until Astérix aux Jeux olympiques overtook it in 2008 with a tiny margin: 78 million.

Considering Besson was coming off the enormous success of Lucy in 2014, I guess someone decided he was worth the gamble. He doesn’t have a lot of failures in his track record.

Valérian is now BY FAR the most expensive non-Hollywood film ever with its 197 million budget.
Undoubtedly Besson, who has been a successful producer over the years as well, has a large stake in the budget as well.

Oh, and to illustrate just how important Besson is in French cinema: he wanted to shoot Valérian entirely in France. Because it’s an English language film, he wouldn’t get any tax credits on the production, which would inflate the costs considerably, so he threatened to film it elsewhere. THEY PROMPTLY CHANGED THE LAW to keep the film in France.

Also keep in mind that this has been a pet project for Besson for quite a lot of years. He’s a lifelong fan of the comics, and even worked with the comics’ graphics artist Jean-Claude Mézières for the concept art and set design of The Fifth Element…

So it was the french government that he scammed? Smile I think it’s cool that he got to make it and I hope it succeeds but I think it might end up another Jupiter Ascending. Not many epic scifi movies non-Marvel or Star Wars doing good business.

Speaking of Star Wars, Lcasfilm/Disney kicked out the directors of the Han Solo - Phil Lord and Christopher Miller - 4 months into filming and are replacing them with Ron Howard… Talk about hype dying down for a movie…
Seems like another Edgar Writght in Ant-Man where the director didn’t fit the Disney mold.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 22 June 2017 12:13 PM

Not many epic scifi movies non-Marvel or Star Wars doing good business.

Speaking of Star Wars, Lcasfilm/Disney kicked out the directors of the Han Solo - Phil Lord and Christopher Miller - 4 months into filming and are replacing them with Ron Howard… Talk about hype dying down for a movie…
Seems like another Edgar Writght in Ant-Man where the director didn’t fit the Disney mold.

But Ant-Man still turned out ok, and frankly, you can do a lot worse than Ron Howard. Don’t lose all hope…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top