• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Captain Disaster in: Death Has a Million Stomping Boots

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Plot Synopsis:

Captain Disaster takes a job delivering a package from Acturus-1 to Proboscis Major - not realising that he is actually transporting something that will put the entire galaxy in danger!  Though just getting the package in the first place is quite a challenge in itself…

Our intrepid nitwit investigates interesting peculiar people, puzzling places and panicky problems along the way to saving the day, once he finally realises that something is wrong.  Expect lots of laughs and head-scratching dilemmas before you reach the shocking conclusion and find out what all this “Million Stomping Boots” business is actually about!

Game Details:

- Classic point-and-click adventure gaming action with a few new twists
- Retro 320x200 resolution graphics
- Fully voiced
- Epic music score
- Plenty of puzzles
- Plenty of adventure
- Plenty of comedy
- Made with Adventure Game Studio

Distribution and Release Date Plans:

- Releasing on Itch.io, GameJolt and Humble Store. 
- Release date TBC (current estimate Q3/4 2017).
- Price: £6.99

Sreenshots

Videos

- Teaser Trailer 2
- Teaser Trailer
- Spaceship Walkaround
- Visiting the Rubbish Dump
- Joke only AG fans will understand
- Early game dialogue

For updates keep an eye on the Dev Blog, or follow the game on GameJolt.  Anyone wishing to support my gamedev (and blogging about indie games, and writing sci-fi and other fiction) can check out my Patreon page.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I should probably also mention that there is a demo available.  I didn’t at first because… well, this demo has been around for a long time.  It was released in 2012, and does not represent the final quality of the game, with many aspects enhanced since then.  Still it can’t have been all bad because it won the AGS Award for Best Demo in 2012, and has received favourable reviews there, averaging the following from 14 reviews overall:

Visual: 79%
Immersion: 79%
Puzzles & Pacing:  90%
Overall Enjoyment: 80%

If you want to take a look at the game before release, albeit in a state that has been improved in in many ways since then, the demo is available on the GameJolt page.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Nice to see you’re not giving up on this old project. It’s sure been around for a while! Never surrender, man! Grin

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Thanks mate.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Teaser Trailer 2 released (it’s better than the first one!):

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

The final test build has been sent out!

What horrors await?

I’m going to hide under the table until the reports start coming in, but at the moment we’re still looking at a December 2017 release… we shall see…

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots will be released on Friday 29th December 2017. 

Woo-hoo!!

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m expecting this to be very good! So I’ve bought the game & have been very amused so far - I have to unfortunately go to work & have a terrible cold (seriously!) so won’t get back to the game in a big way until next week but I LOVE what I’ve played so far & you can never go wrong (to be completely un-PC) with a good Birmingham accent to present your humorous lines!  Thumbs Up  Laughing

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Glad you’re enjoying it chrissie!!  Sorry to hear about your cold, hope you get over it soon - I’ve got a bad one atm so can very much sympathise! 

I’m not sure any of those who live in this fair city with me would describe my Brummie accent as “good” Grin but it fits the Captain I think.

Thanks so much for buying the game! Smile

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Just did a live play of this with CaptainD and Mrs. Silver Spook in the stream. Smile Good times!

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Now also on FireFlower Games: http://fireflowergames.com/shop/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/ Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i m glad the game has a voice acting despite the obvious tight budget it has.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Advie - 12 January 2018 06:20 AM

I don’t know if most games even assign budgets to voice acting. Most of the time it is dreadful.

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Luhr28 - 12 January 2018 07:41 AM

I don’t know if most games even assign budgets to voice acting. Most of the time it is dreadful.

“Tight” is probably a kind description of funds available for this, since we never ran of Kickstarter for similar… at any rate I hope people don’t find the voice acting “dreadful”.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Luhr28 - 12 January 2018 07:41 AM

Agree. but there are ppl still who desire games with VA that not at all, even tho they seem like you described it.

and from a little experience at sound bzns i can tell, it costs a big deal, so mostly those with tight or low budget use home studios, which uses crappy Mics and Sound Isolation not to mention inexperienced Sound.Eng. i can go more and talk about voice actors, which mostly they do it themselves, imagine!.

but however, I am from the ppl who would prefer voice acting (however the hell it is) than not at all; reading subtitles only, with little goodness at English can be either tiring hard or distracting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top