• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 20 May 2017 02:05 PM

Fine by me. Although if Diego shows up before the 20th, we just start when he’s ready.

Yes! Of course!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks guys for having the patience for me! Indeed, I’m having difficulties accessing the site, and I didn’t even want to vote because of that. Right now, I have found (permanent?) solution, but it is left to be seen if it will hold. If it does, I’ll open the appropriate thread until the end of the next week. Yes, I’ll lead Al Emmo!!! (fingers crossed)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Perhaps it is about time I join a new CP again?

So I guess I will be joining the El Ammo CP.

(Though I do remember that I didn’t really like it, when I tried to play it many years ago)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Put me down for Al Emmo please, also To the Moon.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 02:12 PM

Put me down for Al Emmo please, also To the Moon.

Voting has already closed SoccerDude, Al Emmo is the winner & hopefully diego will be starting the playthrough later in the week/whenever he’s ready!  Smile

Iznogood - 23 May 2017 02:00 PM

Perhaps it is about time I join a new CP again?

So I guess I will be joining the El Ammo CP.

(Though I do remember that I didn’t really like it, when I tried to play it many years ago)

The more the merrier Iznogood! Maybe it will help trying the game again within a CPT setting? - if you still don’t like it oh well!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If I remember correctly, one of the most difficult tasks you will face will be leaving the train station and getting into town. So, if you were frustrated with that one, you might be frustrated throughout the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 23 May 2017 02:56 PM

The more the merrier Iznogood! Maybe it will help trying the game again within a CPT setting? - if you still don’t like it oh well!  Laughing

And with a brand new Al Emmo’s voice! Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Now that the awesome Al Emmo playthrough is finished, should we start voting for a new community playthrough?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Are we sure that everyone has finished?

Lady K? Izno? Giom? I think there were a few others that voted for/started the game that we have not heard from.

If they say they will finish at their own pace. and report comments to the Al Emmo thread, then I am all for a new vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t see any reason not to start nominations now which will take a few weeks to conclusion which gives plenty of time for participants of Al Emmo to either finish or report in that they’re not going to for whatever reason!  Laughing

Is anyone interested in a playthrough of Sinking Island? - I’ve had it installed forever! It would be nice to be prompted to get on with it playing along with other members!  Smile

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Yes please!  I’ve started it and also had it sitting on my desktop forever.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 19 July 2017 03:38 PM

Is anyone interested in a playthrough of Sinking Island?

I’m not familiar with it. Can it be bought on GoG?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Looks like it’s only on Steam/sites with Steam keys, unfortunately.

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=sinking+island#/page:game/info?plain=sinkingisland

It’s a detective mystery from Benoît Sokal.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I did a search for the game on AG. No review on AG. But it did link to a download site on BFG. I thought that strange, but if it is the same game, I’m in.

But, you’re right. If it is not the same game, and it is only available on Steam, I will probably pass.

My guess is that it might be the same game because there is no demo. And it is listed as a “Large” game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

rtrooney - 19 July 2017 08:19 PM

I did a search for the game on AG. No review on AG.

Yes there is.

BFG is selling it for $2.99 so I will play along too if it is voted in.

Edit: Actually I just remembered I will be traveling for most of August so won’t be able to participate. Sorry!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top