• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mountain Speak - Slight Variation of an Adventure Game

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-05-20

PM

Hello everyone!

Mountain Speak is a PC/Mac game currently on Steam Greenlight that has a slightly different take on adventure games. Instead of using items to solve puzzles it centers around identifying ancient artifacts to discover the events that happened in a country’s history. Because the choices will affect the land and the characters within it, the player has to decide whether they want to pursue the truth or give a different answer to alter the fate of the country!

Check it out on Greenlight if you’re interested:

Greenlight Page

Thank you for your time!

Image Attachments

screen2bsmall.jpgscreen3small.jpgscreen6small.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

You had my attention with potentially interesting gameplay element in your pitch (the “artifacts instead of inventory” angle), but I learnt practically nothing about the game from following the link.  The trailer is not off-putting, but bland, ie. did not give me any hook to care. I wanted to learn something about the story, world, tone, or gameplay — I got brief snippets of simple backgrounds and bunch of characters talking. And without voice acting, the dialogues flashing very fast and in a tiny font, and animation being done in a rather (deliberately, I understand) stiff style, there is no clue to what about. I didn’t even realise it’s a first person game until I rewatched.

I know I am sounding negative, but that’s because I was honestly disappointed at how fast my enthusiasm after reading the intriguing description (with its artifacts, choices, geopolitics) died down. Are you planning another, longer, video, or, even better, a demo? That might give a better indication of your vision.

This space intentionally left blank.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top