• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For me
Sony: Insomniac’s Spiderman
Nintendo: Mario next gen
Square Enix: New Tomb Raider
Microsoft: Crackdown
Ubisoft: Far Cry 5
EA: Amy Henning game

Obviously I am more excited about the unannounced stuff.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 20 May 2017 05:38 PM

PC - Half_life 3 Smile

Valve makes too much money from Steam to ever care anymore.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 20 May 2017 08:00 PM

PC - Half_life 3 Smile

Core team members have also left, writers too

It cannot be same

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 20 May 2017 08:30 PM

PC - Half_life 3 Smile

It cannot be same

At this point I would be surprised if they ever work on it. Check out Gabe’s answers about Half Life 3 through a decade, and you can notice how his tone has changed.

By the way what is MS up to? With no Scalebound, they only have Crackdown and Sea of thieves in the pipeline. They must have big announcements to make this time.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 20 May 2017 09:42 PM
nomadsoul - 20 May 2017 08:30 PM

PC - Half_life 3 Smile

It cannot be same

At this point I would be surprised if they ever work on it. Check out Gabe’s answers about Half Life 3 through a decade, and you can notice how his tone has changed.

I hope someday somebody writes a story about what happened with the development of HL3 and why was it so hard to give a closure to that cliffhanger.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 May 2017 04:10 AM

I hope someday somebody writes a story about what happened with the development of HL3 and why was it so hard to give a closure to that cliffhanger.

I reckon they would have dragged the closure even further
Gman and Muteness of Freeman…

Game was in pre production with lots of alphas , even Arkane had one alpha concept which was canned

There is gonna be Halflife2 Source2 and L4d3 before anything HL3

also cannot endanger brand with halfass job like Infinite was to Bioshock 1 in gameplay
It would tarnish the brand more regardless of closure like Dreamfall and Halo4&5

By the way what is MS up to? With no Scalebound, they only have Crackdown and Sea of thieves in the pipeline. They must have big announcements to make this time

They will Demo good looking demos of 3rd party, 3 are confirmed for marketing
Maybe Origins is one of them, its gonna look amazing on 4k and shit
Neogaf will cry how bad Pspro ver looks and that Destiny2 Pro cannot run at 60fps
Scorpio will be first about graphics gap

MS needs money hats but what matters to me is not the announcements
Remember the hype for SeaofThieves,Recore,Qbreak,Fables and scalebound
Between half ass games and delayed or cancelled games, bigger question is How long MS will drag us??

Scalebound might be finished if it wasnt for forced coop, they dont back 2ndparty like Sony

Maybe they can pull some secret reveal and from reveal i mean a game within 2 years of release after reveal

I missed Borderlands3 and Dyinglight2 in my list, maybe time is nigh

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For Half Life 3, I think Valve has enough money not to need to ever make half life 3. The risk of them making Half Life 3 far outweighs the return. At this point, the players’ expectations are astronomical, and it is going to be almost impossible to meet these expectations. Just look at Duke Nuke’em or The Last Guardian. It would do them more harm to tarnish the brand rather than keep a good memory of it in players’ minds. 

As far as Microsoft goes, I think that Phil Spencer is doing an amazing job over there. The value they gave you with The Rare Replay and giving you all the old Gears games if you buy Gears 4 far outweighs what Sony is giving, and the fact that they are still working on making their games backwards compatible, while Sony just wants you to buy the same game again with a new fresh of paint, just shows how much more they are trying to win the hearts and minds of gamers. I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday that Phantom Dust(a niche XBOX game with a small staunch following) is available for free on both PC and XBOX One.

And I get it, they are the underdog now, and they have to work hard to get back in the lead, but that’s the beauty of competition. Without MS, the PS4 would be a cell powered 600 dollar machine, and without Sony, DRM would run rampant in all consoles.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 May 2017 02:41 PM

Just look at Duke Nuke’em or The Last Guardian. It would do them more harm to tarnish the brand rather than keep a good memory of it in players’ minds. 

As far as Microsoft goes, I think that Phil Spencer is doing an amazing job over there. The value they gave you with The Rare Replay and giving you all the old Gears games if you buy Gears 4 far outweighs what Sony is giving, and the fact that they are still working on making their games backwards compatible, while Sony just wants you to buy the same game again with a new fresh of paint, just shows how much more they are trying to win the hearts and minds of gamers. I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday that .

And I get it, they are the underdog now, and they have to work hard to get back in the lead, but that’s the beauty of competition. Without MS, the PS4 would be a cell powered 600 dollar machine, and without Sony, DRM would run rampant in all consoles.

As far as Microsoft goes, I think that Phil Spencer is doing an amazing job over there

Like cancelling Scalebound, the only IP many hardcore cared about
And abandoning Alanwake2 also abandoning Remedy
Now with service based games and WIN10 exclusive i think Phil is not a Savior we thought he would be, i dislike anyone who is anti single player games
That alone make Sony champs

The value they gave you with The Rare Replay and giving you all the old Gears games if you buy Gears 4 far outweighs what Sony is giving, and the fact that they are still working on making their games backwards compatible

Quanity and value vs Quality and creativity of Sony

How many titles like ICO,Sotc,Rain,Siren,journey,Bound,Abzu,Rapture,Puppeteer,Knack,Order,Heavyrain,Beyond,
Demonsouls,Bloodborne,Horizon etc can any company back with some projects bleeding money still getting sequels

while Sony just wants you to buy the same game again with a new fresh of paint

Not sure whats the point, Rare Replay is good and Remasters like FF12,Crash and Wipeout aint???

just shows how much more they are trying to win the hearts and minds of gamers

They have crushed competition and i think PS4 is best platform since PS2
I think from your comments since Sony dropped the ball, that you are definitely not in
Sony’s main target segment if you arent into Crash,Bloodborne,Scalebound,Perosona5,Nier,Indies like Bound/Journey/Finch,
And yes i added Scalebound because its what Sony base enjoys more
Japanese action games like DMC, also the reason why Kojima made right choice to side with Sony…he knows the target audience

Talking about Japanese games, MS and Phil has completely lost japanese games
He had one and dropped the ball with shit support and forced vision
Even ninty successfully supported Bayo2 and W101

I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday that Phantom Dust(a niche XBOX game with a small staunch following) is available for free on both PC and XBOX One

Kotaku spoke with multiple former Darkside employees, who recalled the project collapsing after a February 2015 meeting where the developer asked Microsoft to increase the game’s budget — not for the first time. Darkside was working with a $5 million budget but was convinced they needed at least $7 or $8 million to do Phantom Dust right. Instead, Microsoft decided to pull the plug

https://gamerant.com/why-cancel-phantom-dust-remake/

More juice

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead

Remedy is in trouble too thanks to MS, so that makes 4 companies victimized

Phantomdust is a throwaway remaster of xbox 1 game which was revived to carryover library to all future MS platforms

People dont just buy new consoles to play old remasters they want more new IPs
Not same old Gears,Halo for 100th time
I dont want uncharted 8 or lastofus8…esp from studio which can do more
If it was MS , GG would have been either bankrupted or would still be making Killzone games

And glad Horizon didnt suffer Order fate
Considering Ubi sales and your comments in favor of MS, i fear the future without Sony funding games like Horizon or BB
I hope Sony fanbase for particular taste doesnt die soon

Phantom Dust(a niche XBOX game with a small staunch following) is available for free on both PC and XBOX One

Like Abzu,Grimfandango,DoT,Drawntodeath,Rocketleague(rel year after)
But no, those dont count Smile

Spencer is good guy but he has nothing on

And one more thing Last Guardian delivered won awards, and Ueda fans are more than happy
And yes HL3 can never match TLG for fans like me….Toriko is best character than any Valve character conceived combined Smile

I wonder what hate against Sony made you conflate TLG with Dukenukem
Its even 82% on MC despite awards and fan service

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-last-guardian

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am not saying Sony does not make and support good games. I love all the games you mentioned and I own or plan to buy most of them. What I am saying is that MS has turned a new page and they have become extremely customer friendly lately and that we need MS for a healthy ecosystem. Sony became arrogant in the PS3 era, because they thought they had no competition, and they even went as far as asking people to get another job.

Many companies that made games exclusively for the PS3 like Zipper, Free Radical and Factor 5 went out of business because of the PS3. Then you are slamming MS for abandoning 2nd parties, but you forget to mention all the internal Sony layoffs in Sucker punch, the closure of the london studio, and most recently the developer of Rigs Guerrilla Cambridge. So that in your mind is ok, but dropping Scalebound is blasphemy. Double standards? And I mentioned Rare Replay because they gave you 30 games for $29.99. 30 Games. This is an amazing deal and no remaster comes close in terms of value. Then they gave you all the Gears games if you bought Gears 4, Phantom Dust is free, and they are going out of their way to make backwards compatibility free. I sold my 360 because I can play my 360 games on XBox one. Sony makes you pay for PS now. I love Sony’s first party studios and the japanese exclusive games on their systems like Nier, Persona 5 and Ni no kuni, and I absolutely love Shuhei, my favorite exec, but let’s give Phil some slack. He turned MS around and I really like the new direction they are heading. Now all they need is more exclusive games. This E3 maybe?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

DragonAge is confirmed in development…not be at e3
Days Gone will be “in a big way at E3

Spencer killed studio Wink(Lionhead) members have a new game on KS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/405964313/kynseed-a-whimsical-sandbox-rpg-adventure

SoccerDude28 - 21 May 2017 08:31 PM

Many companies that made games exclusively for the PS3 like Zipper, Free Radical and Factor 5 went out of business because of the PS3

They were bad bad products, seriously you are comparing a maker of DMC,Okami,RE2 etc with Haze and Lair…even Zipper last Socom was worst of series…
The only game i wanted was 8 days and Getaway and yes Sony Move games being forced as strategy got better of London studio…EYEtoy and RIGS….but thats Sony Europe wing that usually have issues…just like Rare was wasting making Kinect games Smile
Last gen was a mess in general….not to mention Wii and its gimmick of motion sensing destroying all

SPunch type layoffs happen, company wont close, its not a situation like Lionhead,Remedy or them Pdust guys
They are making another kick ass game without any compromise unlike Remedy
Also SonyBend just doubled their manpower…so its project based dynamic
And you cannot blame Sony if games dont perform, they back creative IPs thats wat matters
SantaMonica bleeded alot of Money…alot thats why Stig game was canned in favor of Destiny

Guerrilla Cambridge. So that in your mind is ok, but dropping Scalebound is blasphemy. Double standards?

GG is still kicking, it was expanded for more better games but maybe UK wing was lacking Dutch expertise…Expanded and cut , base is same Smile

And I mentioned Rare Replay because they gave you 30 games for $29.99. 30 Games. This is an amazing deal and no remaster comes close in terms of value. Then they gave you all the Gears games if you bought Gears 4, Phantom Dust is free, and they are going out of their way to make backwards compatibility free

LetitDie is now upto 3 million downloads, most profit Suda made too Smile
Rocketleague was at 10million sales
Both free
And both are better games than Gears collection+PD…for Sony target market

Okay i will give you Rarereplay, but most of the games get slashed to 30$ in 4 months or fall anyway…this type of value debate is like, Hey i got 2 free games in Console bundle
Moreover, MS is victim of dryspell, and they are trying best to fill in the gap with good offers, panicking with slashed prices and bundles and watnot…dropping kinect then XBoneS and now Scorpio…more hardware iterations than actual game releases
And if some Moneyhat works like Recore, it falls against some side PS4 game like Ratchet PS4,Knack,Grush2 etc

Scalebound was revealed at xbone launch and after that each E3 and watnot, it was major flagship title…

Halo5 was a joke
Halowars2 sold even less than P5 and Nier letalone HZD
Seaofthieves gonna be 40$ social gimmick which is being shown since 3 E3s now?? WTF
Same for Cuphead, Below, 3 E3s, damn…it makes Delaystation looks like nothing in comparison

Qbreak was worst Remedy game and now they are supporting Korean game , poor Samlake
Gears4 and KI were only good games and former being old IP

Also agree on ps3 part, thats why said PS4 is best after ps2

Still , PS3 released GOTY winners
UC2, Demonssouls,Journey,HeavyRain and Lastofus…so yeah quality and creative portfolio
Majority of games now copy these games one way or another, in other words Sony is running creative part of game industry

Remind me MS portfolio of 360, mostly racers and shooters

but let’s give Phil some slack

He needs to redeem himself from Scalebound fiasco…yes its a Kamiya games whose worst game w101 was better than Haze,Rigs or Lair Smile

This E3 maybe

Hopefully games being showed are not 2 or 3 years away, else spencer was a hack along
And please not Recore quality moneyhats
Considering they didnt even give 8million to Pdust team, i wonder what budget Platinum had…

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 22 May 2017 09:54 AM

They were bad bad products, seriously you are comparing a maker of DMC,Okami,RE2 etc with Haze and Lair…even Zipper last Socom was worst of series…

Because the cell processor was a nightmare to develop for and so the games looked and played like crap. They also forced the stupid six axis motion control down Factor 5’s throat. Remember the E3 presentation of Lair and how they were flailing the controller around?

And Factor 5 was great in PS2 era. So was Free Radical and their Timesplitter series is regarded highly. Developing exclusively for the cell killed them.

SPunch type layoffs happen

But it’s ok because it is Sony right? Because if Sony does it, it’s industry standard.

company wont close, its not a situation like Lionhead,Remedy or them Pdust guys

989 Studios,BigBig Studios,Evolution Studios,Guerrilla Cambridge,Incognito Entertainment,Studio Liverpool, Zipper interactive ALL closed all first party.

Remedy is second party and they are still in business. Quantum Break was seen to conclusion and it didn’t sell well, so they decided not to pursue another oppurtunity with Remedy, is that bad? Sony did it when Heavenly Sword that you just mentioned did not sell well. They abandoned Ninja Theory. And then let’s not forget Ready at Dawn. I know The Order got a lot of flack, but I loved it and I thought if they were given another shot, they would make a great series. Sony abandoned them and now they went multi-platform. Hell even Insomniac games, a studio that was always Sony exclusive went multi-platform at one point, even making MS exclusive games if you remember.

LetitDie is now upto 3 million downloads, most profit Suda made too Smile
Rocketleague was at 10million sales

Both free
And both are better games than Gears collection+PD…for Sony target market.

Lies. RocketLeague IS NOT Free.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/rocket-league/cid=UP2002-CUSA01163_00-ROCKETLEAGUENA01

It’s free if you had PS Plus which costs 59.99 dollars a year so technically it is not free and only during one month. If you didn’t have PS Plus in that month they offered it, you missed the deal.

And Gears games not good? Gears of War has 94% on metacritic, Gears of War 2 93%,
Gears of War 3 91% and Judgement 79%. I say that is pretty darn amazing.

Moreover, MS is victim of dryspell, and they are trying best to fill in the gap with good offers, panicking with slashed prices and bundles and watnot…dropping kinect then XBoneS and now Scorpio…more hardware iterations than actual game releases
And if some Moneyhat works like Recore, it falls against some side PS4 game like Ratchet PS4,Knack,Grush2 etc

Lol Knack seriously? 54% on metacritic?

They released Ryse, Dead Rising 4, Halo 5, Lots of Forzas, Killer Instinct, Recore, Gears 4, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive etc.. Every company has a period of lull. Do you remember when PS4 came out, how very few first party games were released for it during the first couple of years, so that it was nicknamed the Delaystation.

Scalebound was revealed at xbone launch and after that each E3 and watnot, it was major flagship title…

Yet another lie, it was revealed in 2015, way after the xbone launch.

Halo5 was a joke

84% on metacritic and a joke. Okay

Halowars2 sold even less than P5 and Nier letalone HZD

The install base of XB One is much smaller than PS4. Also Halo Wars was never a big seller. Microsoft is playing catch up right now I don’t deny that, but I think they are on the right path with BFF Phil Tongue

Seaofthieves gonna be 40$ social gimmick which is being shown since 3 E3s now?? WTF

You were just complaining how Rare was doing avatar crap. Well Killer Instinct and now this, they actually listened to you.

Same for Cuphead, Below, 3 E3s, damn…it makes Delaystation looks like nothing in comparison

Those are not in MS’es control. Both are indie 3rd party games. Cuphead is developed by 2 people only so give them some slack. Remember how many times no man’s sky was delayed? And how Sony taunted it every game show as the next coming of christ? How did that turn out?

Qbreak was worst Remedy game and now they are supporting Korean game , poor Samlake

How is that Microsoft’s fault that Remedy did not deliver?

Also agree on ps3 part, thats why said PS4 is best after ps2

You should thank MS for that. Sony got arrogant so we had the PS3, and if it weren’t for MS coming in and competing with them and forcing them to change, the PS4 would probably not look like it does today. Competition is great.

but let’s give Phil some slack

He needs to redeem himself from Scalebound fiasco…yes its a Kamiya games whose worst game w101 was better than Haze,Rigs or Lair Smile

I don’t know the full story there. There might have been some differences in creative direction, or they didn’t like what the game looked like who knows. MS did renew trademark for cancelled game Scalebound though:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/18/microsoft-renews-trademark-for-cancelled-game-scalebound

so who knows what will happen.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 May 2017 01:46 PM

so the games looked and played like crap

So why other games succeeded , even Demon’Souls
Haze was just bad game from story to characters…nectar juice yeah right
And Lair was abysmal panzerdragoon/Drakengard wannabe
They had it coming, it has no relation to programming
Even Folklore didnt get sales , it was a great gem and had cult following
SirenPS4 looked great
Not to mention mid gen games like UC2 and onwards was all good
In the end Godofwar3,KZ2/3 and Tlou was best looking title

Also dont forget Emotionengine PS2 was also very hard to program, and it was done on purpose to get more performance later

Remember the E3 presentation of Lair and how they were flailing the controller around?

And Kinect was even worse

And Factor 5 was great in PS2 era. So was Free Radical and their Timesplitter series is regarded highly. Developing exclusively for the cell killed them

Konami was great in PS2 era too, thanks to Sony console
And on PS3 Kojima rel MGS4 which didnt suck like Haze and Haze was not even half good as Timesplitters or Secondsight

But it’s ok because it is Sony right? Because if Sony does it, it’s industry standard

I am not claiming sony killed projects or fired people already mentioned Stig and 8days
I am saying Cancellation vs Delivery ratio is much much higher
And Unlike Lionhead , SuckerPunch is alive
And Lionhead was leading 2ndparty of MS…

Lies. RocketLeague IS NOT Free

It was on PSN+ ofcourse, 60$ is nothing if you are getting 200$ worth of indies every year plus discounts so yeah if i will put down all calculation its as free as it can get
Plus revenues
Plus i played weeks of Beta of Rleague free
Just like Fables beta
Difference was Fable got the axe Smile, and Indie got saved on PS4

And Gears games not good? Gears of War has 94% on metacritic, Gears of War 2 93%,
Gears of War 3 91% and Judgement 79%. I say that is pretty darn amazing

I said Sony target’s market prefer LiD or Nier over Gears type…
Same reason why DSouls sell more on Sony and MGS and list goes on
Shooters and racers crowd = MS
Wide taste from japan to experimental = Sony, we are trained on PSX and PS2 afterall

Knack seriously? 54% on metacritic?

Ok never mind, thats why PS4 rulz, still have GR2, Ratchet,Yak0 Smile and before it many titles better than Recore…a game publicized as some killer app savior at E3..it wasnt
And Dont count Knack1, Knack2 will be out by the time MS yrs old game reveals will released…like SoT or crackdown

They released Ryse, Dead Rising 4, Halo 5, Lots of Forzas, Killer Instinct, Recore, Gears 4, Quantum Break, Sunset overdrive etc.. Every company has a period of lull. Do you remember when PS4 came out, how very few first party games were released for it during the first couple of years, so that it was nicknamed the Delaystation.

I agree with this point however during that time MS was still recovering from bad rep and abysmal console+kinect F up, so higher priced shit was good enough and people saw Infamous and Bloodborne as a better alternative

Also Halo Wars was never a big seller. Microsoft is playing catch up right now I don’t deny that, but I think they are on the right path

I am sure it sold less than Halowars1 Same for Gears4,Halo5 dying IPs
343i is a hack comparing to Bungie
Gears is no CliffyB Epic, its canadian based fledglings
UC4 and Ratchet sold more than previous Smile
Same for Yak0, BB and man list goes on Smile

How is that Microsoft’s fault that Remedy did not deliver?

Because Don mattrick shoved TV gimmick down their throat
And Sam lake mentioned in his interview that it took alot of time, which was no value edition and that it was relevant at reveal not when the game came out

Remember how many times no man’s sky was delayed? And how Sony taunted it every game show as the next coming of christ? How did that turn out?

It sold alot on PS4 and it sold alot better than some AAA Xb1 games
Want me to dig neogaf Smile

they didn’t like what the game looked like who knows

MS quality assurance, they completely raped Deadrising franchise with DR4
They are throwing games out due to deadlines, Recore had crashes and bugs too
Even Lucien was pissed iirc Smile

Yet another lie, it was revealed in 2015, way after the xbone launch

Dude…calling me liar before googling?? Seriously…thats uncalled for

Grin

I rest my case

More juice if you can come up with future Xbone games, i would love to hear

Start from what we will have this year on MS

I will give you Sony list this year,

Released

Horizon,Persona5,Nier,GR2,Yakuza0,Nioh,Tales of Berseria,Danganronpa 1-2 Reload,Silvercase,Dragon Quest Heroes II,EdithFinch,Full Throttle Remaster

Future

Ace Combat 7,Day’s Gone,Ninkuni2,Deathstranding,Lastofus2,SuckerpunchIP,Detroit, Dreams, godofwar, Spiderman, Shenmue 3, FF7R, FF12 remaster,Hellblade,Knack 2, Lost legacy,New Danganronpa V3, 13 Sentinels(Atlus), Wild and Spiderman etc

Now mention MS exclusives , almost all of which are also on PC Grin thanks to savior Spencer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 01:24 PM

Wow wish the PS4 was backwards compatible. Oh wait Tongue
Edit: There are several awesome games on the PS3 that haven’t made it.
All the Ratchet and Clank games, Puppeteer, Rain etc… You can get PS Now I guess, but that costs money and bandwidth.

i am going more frustrated with loading times so changing console setup is even more irritating, same reason why its better to have all game on HD and play on fly digitally
Same reason why not move to hubs in Destiny2 and Inj2 gives you choice to equip clothes in between matches
Remove barriers, plus my PS3 was on verge of YLOD, 7 years old Fat model and guess what
it was able to play PS2 games and my dear that had a cost on sony because like me, many didnt use that feature, i was also stuck because my ps2 games and PS3 ps2 region was in conflict..

There is still a way through PS2/PS3 classics on that front i agree to an extent why Sony isnt doing it

How RogueGalaxy to Arcthelad are available and not others, with time Sony should gradually release all games, but i am sure its a problem with publishers like Capcom and Konami

And Rain,puppeteer were flops, thanks to people playing Ubi games and 3rd person cover shooters, how original :p
All the more reason why they aren’t ported, another reason why Sony rocks Tongue , they made 2 experimental gems that nobody played and still wont

And Ratchet popularity was in downward slope, i am surprised Sony stood with it and now they finally made a game racking sales
Thats the determination i expected MSoft to show for Conker Tongue
Not this Hololens abomination

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 23 May 2017 02:56 PM

i am going more frustrated with loading times so changing console setup is even more irritating, same reason why its better to have all game on HD and play on fly digitally
Same reason why not move to hubs in Destiny2 and Inj2 gives you choice to equip clothes in between matches
Remove barriers, plus my PS3 was on verge of YLOD, 7 years old Fat model and guess what
it was able to play PS2 games and my dear that had a cost on sony because like me, many didnt use that feature, i was also stuck because my ps2 games and PS3 ps2 region was in conflict..

There is still a way through PS2/PS3 classics on that front i agree to an extent why Sony isnt doing it

How RogueGalaxy to Arcthelad are available and not others, with time Sony should gradually release all games, but i am sure its a problem with publishers like Capcom and Konami

These PS2 games are pretty expensive to buy again. They are going for 14.99 some of them which for a 13-14 year old game is super expensive. I wish I still had my big fat PS3 but alas it YLOD’ed on me. I liked that thing because it can play PS2 games. Now I am keeping PS2, PS3 and PS4 to get my retro fix Pan which is why I was saying that XBOX One backwards compatibility is a blessing. Maybe not to you, but having limited space, having one less console is great. Just the other day, I popped in Blue Dragon and was set to go.

And Rain,puppeteer were flops, thanks to people playing Ubi games and 3rd person cover shooters, how original :p
All the more reason why they aren’t ported, another reason why Sony rocks Tongue , they made 2 experimental gems that nobody played and still wont

Nah, they were released towards the end of PS3 era, and had no marketing. Plus these are niche games, especially Rain.

And Ratchet popularity was in downward slope, i am surprised Sony stood with it and now they finally made a game racking sales
Thats the determination i expected MSoft to show for Conker Tongue
Not this Hololens abomination

I don’t argue that Sony funds and supports good games, even some niche ones. That’s why I own a PS4/PS3 and PS2. My whole point before (which you might have missed) was that Sony lost their way and became arrogant at one point, and it was the competition from MS that brought them back.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 May 2017 03:48 PM

These PS2 games are pretty expensive to buy again. They are going for 14.99 some of them which for a 13-14 year old game is super expensive. I wish I still had my big fat PS3 but alas it YLOD’ed on me. I liked that thing because it can play PS2 games. Now I am keeping PS2, PS3 and PS4 to get my retro fix Pan which is why I was saying that XBOX One backwards compatibility is a blessing. Maybe not to you, but having limited space, having one less console is great. Just the other day, I popped in Blue Dragon and was set to go.

I don’t argue that Sony funds and supports good games, even some niche ones. That’s why I own a PS4/PS3 and PS2. My whole point before (which you might have missed) was that Sony lost their way and became arrogant at one point, and it was the competition from MS that brought them back.

Just in StarOceanPS2 on PS4, now buy it Tongue

I will spend 30 to 40 $ for PS2 games without any issue as long as games are like Killer7 or Okami, because current gen even cannot match them so timeless
Backward compatibility as in using physical games is useless but yes hardware emu should be a thing, but i guess emotion engine and cell engine is costly unlike ready made PC xbox consoles based emulator, thats why it will be easier for Sony to carry over PS4 catalog to next gen

And one more thing, it wasnt just competition, PS3 days were dark for whole Sony
Sony was on verge of bankrupt i did case study/thesis back then as my Course requirement
It was Howard Stringer who ruined it until Kaz Hirai took the charge and turned it around for whole Sony by concentrating on PS as front runner of sales and it became highest earner in process too
TV,gears and shit were eating Sony , also why Sony is doubling down millions on game investments
From MarkCerny to Japanese gaming return, its all Kaz
Cerny destroyed MS on hardware front and he got a blank check, hence Knack 2 Smile
And like Rain and Puppeteer , Knack will suffer same

Your BlueDragon too will not break 500k LTD sales even after XB1 release
MS lacks games catalog of ps2/ps3/psx etc hence panicking to release all it can

PS2 games catalog itself is more than entire n64,xbox1,360,gamecube combined

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top