• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel!  Smile

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I am worried about the low interest so far but I am game to lead Zero Critical if it’s voted in. I started playing it and, one hour in, it’s shaping up to be a fun game with an intriguing story.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TerminusEst - 15 May 2017 08:23 AM

I am worried about the low interest so far .....

Yes, with just 4 days to go interest is disappointingly poor.

(3) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney
(2) Anna’s Quest: chrissie, Lady Kestrel
(2) Zero Critical: TerminusEst (leader), Oscar
(1) Isabelle: Oscar
(1) Blue Ice: Oscar

You have until 19th May 9PM GMT to submit nominations and/or vote…... also to please volunteer to be a playthrough leader.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There hasn’t been a Casual Playthrough in forever. Although in that situation most, if not all players who participate in the voting process will join the playthrough even if they didn’t vote for the winning game. That has rarely been the case with the AGCPT. As much I have been rooting for Al Emmo, I don’t think it would be much fun if only three people were involved.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

(3) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney

You have until 19th May 9PM GMT to submit nominations and/or vote…... also to please volunteer to be a playthrough leader.

With the lack of nominations/votes, + volunteers to be a playthrough leader apart from Zero Critical, it does seem that very few members are in the mood for a new CPT presently!

rtrooney - 15 May 2017 10:55 AM

As much I have been rooting for Al Emmo, I don’t think it would be much fun if only three people were involved.

Yes, I agree! - diego has offered to lead this on more than one occasion but I’ve gleaned from another thread that he’s now finding the site difficult to access on his XP OS. Cry

What would you like to do folks if the voting doesn’t pick-up in the next couple of days? Should I extend the voting time until next month with the existing list of candidates to be voted for & added to until then, or would you prefer for the nominations & voting to start afresh in perhaps a month’s time?    Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Lat time the people who were interested in Al Emmo was:

diego (leader), rtrooney, chrissie, BitingWit, SoccerDude28, giom, Oscar

So calling on Diego, BitingWit, SoccerDude28 and Oscar. Come guys, vote for Al Emmo. It’ll be fun Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Fine. To The Moon.

Look it up in the 2011 Aggies for details.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

chrissie - 17 May 2017 02:10 PM

What would you like to do folks if the voting doesn’t pick-up in the next couple of days? Should I extend the voting time until next month with the existing list of candidates to be voted for & added to until then, or would you prefer for the nominations & voting to start afresh in perhaps a month’s time?    Smile

I think the second option makes more sense to me. Then we’d get a truer count of who can and wants to join a playthrough at that time.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll go for To The Moon, although I have to say that I’m not too keen on replaying one of the saddest games I have ever played. My comparison was with the first 20 minutes of the animated movie UP.

But, unless the crew Giom mentioned show up, I would pull the plug. Keep the votes where they are. And start again a month or so down the line. It is Spring coming on Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Lots of things to do that don’t involve staring at a computer screen. I might even say that the thread should go on haitus until August.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Sure, I’d be up for a Al Emmo playthrough!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 17 May 2017 08:31 PM

I’ll go for To The Moon, although I have to say that I’m not too keen on replaying one of the saddest games I have ever played. My comparison was with the first 20 minutes of the animated movie UP.

That’s exactly the comparison I made to myself when I played it. Both are masterpieces (although the rest of the movie is a bit of a let down after those amazing first 20 minutes) and both really pulls at the heartstring and make me feel melancholic for days.

I’m not sure though if To the Moon would be an experience that would work well in a playthrough, it’s immersive and I feel that cutting it up in different sections to wait for others would be contrary to the experience. I can’t really imagine playing this game any other way than in one sitting.

BitingWit - 17 May 2017 08:50 PM

Sure, I’d be up for a Al Emmo playthrough!

Cool, thanks for answering my call BitingWit Smile I really want Al Emmo to finally succeed after all this time Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ll join if diego leads. Let’s give him some time to show up if it’s true he’s having trouble with his PC. Also, any luck with getting any of the Himalaya Studios staff to join us rtrooney? It would definitely liven things up.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

(4 - 5) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney, BitingWit, Oscar?
(2) To the Moon Mikekelly, rtrooney

Oscar - 18 May 2017 04:52 AM

I’ll join if diego leads. Let’s give him some time to show up if it’s true he’s having trouble with his PC. Also, any luck with getting any of the Himalaya Studios staff to join us rtrooney? It would definitely liven things up.

Thanks for the responses! There’s still a day to go & if Al Emmo remains ahead (with just about enough players now?) I’m all for declaring it the winner & waiting, as Oscar has suggested, for diego to chip in!

NB I think we should wait to confirm that there will be a playthrough for Al Emmo before Himalaya Studios is contacted. 

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

(4 - 5) Al Emmo: chrissie, giom, rtrooney, BitingWit, Oscar?
(2) To the Moon Mikekelly, rtrooney

Oscar - 18 May 2017 04:52 AM

I’ll join if diego leads. Let’s give him some time to show up if it’s true he’s having trouble with his PC.

Okay, Voting is closed & I declare Al Emmo the potential winner with enough players to go ahead on the proviso that diego, who has offered many times to lead, finds some way to access the site. 
I therefore propose that we leave the playthrough pending for up to a month (until the 20th June?) to wait to hear from diego. Is that okay? Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Fine by me. Although if Diego shows up before the 20th, we just start when he’s ready.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top