• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 3

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Interesting first 2 episodes, don’t think it adds a lot to the usual Walking Dead stuff but I’m enjoying the family plot.
Choices were hard sometimes but I surprised most of them in the second episode were in 80-90% range. Maybe because some involved protecting Clem or trusting Jesus, important characters
Hope Kate doesn’t die at the beginning of the third episode…. Liking her character (and voice acting). But with that reveal at end she can’t die. We have to see how it plays out.
Curious what the brother/New Frontier leader will say when he sees his men killed his daughter…   Neutral

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 December 2016 07:20 PM

Interesting first 2 episodes, don’t think it adds a lot to the usual Walking Dead stuff but I’m enjoying the family plot.
Choices were hard sometimes but I surprised most of them in the second episode were in 80-90% range. Maybe because some involved protecting Clem or trusting Jesus, important characters
Hope Kate doesn’t die at the beginning of the third episode…. Liking her character (and voice acting). But with that reveal at end she can’t die. We have to see how it plays out.
Curious what the brother/New Frontier leader will say when he sees his men killed his daughter…   Neutral

JaneThey forced her to get killed if you save her and if you save Kenny he dies too, thats some TTG shit to make stuff less complicated for S3

I dont know what happenes if you ask Kenny to leave in the end of S2

Kategettin boned by Javi+David friction gonna play out, with someone getting killed, Kate gonna have David killed by Javi

Clemkilling that dealer was great WTF! moment, my Clem ran away and didnt end up in the last reunion scene

PaulVA is good, guy is a badass

It has great choices though considering sometimes i do stuff on whim considering it as a game and playing as a Director to move the plot saving some characters based on my predispositions towards certain characters, and not taking in morals into the mix

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 December 2016 07:35 PM

JaneThey forced her to get killed if you save her and if you save Kenny he dies too, thats some TTG shit to make stuff less complicated for S3

Kategettin boned by Javi+David friction gonna play out, with someone getting killed, Kate gonna have David killed by Javi

Clemkilling that dealer was great WTF! moment, my Clem ran away and didnt end up in the last reunion scene

It has great choices though considering sometimes i do stuff on whim considering it as a game and playing as a Director to move the plot saving some characters based on my predispositions towards certain characters, and not taking in morals into the mix

I stayed with Jane at the end of S2 but didn’t import my save so she didn’t even show up in my game, only Clem running around with AJ.
[spoiler]Paul/Jesus is a nice throwback to the comic but kind of makes the show to trust or not easy since I already know who he is/spoiler] unless they retcon the comic
That Clem moment was indeed a big surprise!  Gasp was not expecting the gun to go off! I shot Conrad and let Clem took off so she also didn’t show up

The way WD usually goes made that my choices usually are shoot first and keep mouth shut a lot of times…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 December 2016 08:40 PM
nomadsoul - 25 December 2016 07:35 PM

I stayed with Jane at the end of S2 but didn’t import my save so she didn’t even show up in my game, only Clem running around with AJ.
[spoiler]Paul/Jesus is a nice throwback to the comic but kind of makes the show to trust or not easy since I already know who he is/spoiler] unless they retcon the comic
That Clem moment was indeed a big surprise!  Gasp was not expecting the gun to go off! I shot Conrad and let Clem took off so she also didn’t show up

The way WD usually goes made that my choices usually are shoot first and keep mouth shut a lot of times…

You know whats funny Jane hanged herself in my playthrough, she is forced to die like this, why because she had offscreen sex with luke, and got pregnant, whats funny is that she somehow stumbled upon pregnant test instrument, i mean they dont get food in all seasons but that

yeah conrad was another black cliched guy who is there to die first , this time by your choice, they made him so annoying i did the same Grin

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

When i first saw raving ratings thought they reinvent something alas new season episodics shorter,simpler and more cramped than ever but enough gamers around seems satisfied with so keep on beating the dead horse.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 26 December 2016 07:54 AM

When i first saw raving ratings thought they reinvent something alas new season episodics shorter,simpler and more cramped than ever but enough gamers around seems satisfied with so keep on beating the dead horse.

Narrative is selling the games, nothing else

Writing and twists are better than TV and choices atleast matter to some extent, so yeah big delivery this time.
Better characters too.

Its true sequel of S1.

Technical and length shortcomings are going to continue
They are now releasing it more faster, at this rate we will be able to finish TWs3,
Guardians,GoTs2 and their new IP by 2018

Mini Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 December 2016 12:24 PM
Gabe - 26 December 2016 07:54 AM

Narrative is selling the games, nothing else

Mini Smile

This.
They are not about to change the formula and if they can have good stories behind not sure they need to.
But these episodes are indeed too small… Usually the first episode is bigger but they released 2 small episodes… I think the season will seem rushed by the end

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

But these episodes are indeed too small…

This is what I was afraid of. I would have rather seen one large episode myself.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The season will end May 30

Was waiting for this to pick up the game again after playing the first 2 epsiodes

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TTG is a mere shadow of its former self already
Hype and craze is all time down
Guardians reviews were meh and TWD3 talk is not happening anywhere on net like TWD1
It went all downhill

Ah well…i too abandoned playing them
Even cannot digest GoG or TWDS3 ep3 on youtube, its that bad

TTG is out of tricks

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

but I’m enjoying the family plot.
Choices were hard sometimes but I surprised most of them in the second episode were in 80-90% range.

Checked all the final ep stuff on youtube
They went all out with everyone dropping and dying like flies
If it had good animation,budget and presentation, it could have been more impactful , but atleast choices are fare more bending than i thought

All in all with the drop in quality, i dont want TTG to return to TWAU

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Actually liked that how ending arranged,sums up a personal story brief about npc experiences and somehow finale turned out exactly how i like to see was a surprise.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top