• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How much of a walkthrough fascist are you?

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Having grown up in a family who were luddites about anything computer related including the internet, I had to figure out any game on my own (not to mention just getting it to run.  Anyone remember configsys, ini and vid card settings? ).  So I had to be very thorough playing a game or not finishing it at all.  Myst and Riven taught me a lot.

Now that my time is more valuable I will try puzzling things out myself but won’t hesitate to glance at a walkthrough if necessary.  Life is short, after all.

Youtube playthroughs are especially useful as I’m not tempted to read more than I need to which spoils it for me.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jabod - 19 May 2017 07:25 AM

But, as Harriet, you love baking (assuming that you get the reference of course Smile )

I was assuming you meant Ozzie’s wife, since that’s the only Harriet I know.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 May 2017 12:21 PM

But, as Harriet, you love baking (assuming that you get the reference of course Smile )

Oh dear Smile

To give you an extra clue: 3 of her 4 compatriots are called Bill, Conrad and Olivier. This is actually off-topic for this web site as it has nothing whatsoever to do with adventure games.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Dara100 - 19 May 2017 11:43 AM

Having grown up in a family who were luddites about anything computer related including the internet, I had to figure out any game on my own (not to mention just getting it to run.  Anyone remember configsys, ini and vid card settings? )

IRQ settings!  Not fond memories.

I remember having to return Discworld because I couldn’t get the sound working. Frown

Also reminds me of trying to install Win95 and it stalling on 99% about 3 times.  A well spent day…

I sometimes forget how far we’ve come and how lucky we are.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jabod - 19 May 2017 02:36 PM
Lady Kestrel - 19 May 2017 12:21 PM

Oh dear Smile

To give you an extra clue: 3 of her 4 compatriots are called Bill, Conrad and Olivier. This is actually off-topic for this web site as it has nothing whatsoever to do with adventure games.

Ah-ha!  I had forgotten the names of Woodstock’s bird buddies in Snoopy’s scout troop.  Harriet was the best prepared because she baked the cake.  Thanks for refreshing my memory, Jabod, and sorry for going so far off topic, Dumbeur!  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

The conversation isn’t flowing till I have no idea what anyone’s talking about. Wink

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Dara100 - 19 May 2017 11:43 AM

Anyone remember configsys, ini and vid card settings? ).

Gah! Yes! Smile

How many hours I spent messing around with those settings!

I even remember trying to get Soundblaster speech and music even though my computer only had PC speaker!  Grin

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

McCoy97 - 19 May 2017 02:01 AM

I also suck at any math or measuring related puzzles so chances are I would need a walkthrough for those as well haha.

You’ve reminded me of my Achilles’ heel.  Anything music based!

Any of those simple 4 combo repeat-the-note-sequence type puzzles and I’m lost Runaway and Dreamfall spring to mind.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top