• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 16 May 2017 08:34 AM

Yeah Quern was awesome. What about Eyes of Ara, if you haven’t already played it?

I swear I had literally never heard of that game. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

The Dream Machine final Chapter 6.  Terrific game I’ll be sorry to see end.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Currently playing Syberia 3. I actually like it despite all the negative reviews. It has its problems for sure, but the game isn’t nearly as bad as i’ve read.

Also bought Silence The Whispered World 2 which looks absolutely amazing. Played a few minutes already and it looks like it could be among my new favourites. It’s actually surprising because i’ve never played a good game from Daedelic. Hated every previous game i’ve played from them, and that includes The Whispered World 1.

And then i’ve also bought Telltale’s Batman series, but haven’t started that yet. Really looking forward to it though.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

played the first episode of batman and liked it ok but it has ton of glitches.

the free game this month for the ps4 is tales from the borderland and wow this game reminds me why I actually used to really like telltale, the game runs smooth and the dialogue and characters are wonderful, still no puzzles but a real good time. Just beat the first episode and gie it a solid 8/10.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Tales from the Borderlands is probably my favourite game from Telltale. It’s amazing and I hope it gets a season 2 eventually.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

so far it has been the wolf among us for me, but I could see this taking its place, just a fun game, and I never got into the regular borderland games, bc the story was severely lacking for me.

Im also slowly going through the game The Last Guardian, it is a beautiful game, but a little overhyped like all their games, yes I didnt drink the koolaid on shadows of colossus all the way either(good game but not the best like some say). The controls for the last guardian are really bad and Ive glitched out of a wall twice between scene transitions on trico already,and im only 3 or so hrs into it. I see why it got such mixed reviews so far to me it is a 6/10

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Yup Wolf Among Us is amazing as well, but for me it’s 4th after Borderlands and Walking Dead S1+2 (still haven’t played S3).
Will try Batman soon and looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. Their only series I probably won’t ever play is Minecraft. Have no interest in that at all and it looks terrible.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I tried to get into game of thrones and it did nothing for me and I love the show

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I personally love Game of Thrones, despite the fact that no matter what, everything always goes wrong in the game. I love all the characters and all their stories. For me there’s never a dull moment in any of the episodes, and I can’t wait for season 2.
It’s actually a toss-up between GoT and Sam and max for that 5th spot. The game is brilliant imo.
I’ve never watched an episode of the show btw.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I wouldn’t have believed it before I played it, but TftB is my favorite Telltale game by some distance. Sometimes the hype gets it right.

Right now I’m playing Old Man’s Journey. It’s pretty much what it sounds like. I’m enjoying it.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Playing Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter. Just finished case 2 (of 5).

I bought the game pretty much on release day, but then the negative reviews and word of mouth made me put off playing it—until now. And, frankly, I have no idea what everyone was talking about: the game has been brilliant so far. The cases are interesting and the various investigation mechanics (mostly the same as in Crimes and Punishments) make for great gameplay.

Yeah, there are some dexterity-based sequences now and then, but they’re fun, never feel out-of-place within the story, and are not particularly frustrating (playing on normal difficulty). Frankly, I’m enjoying them a lot more than all those ridiculous logic puzzles that kept cropping up in Testament of SH for no reason.

(OK, the Indiana Jones bit in case 2 was silly, unnecessary, and went on for far too long. But, whatever—it wasn’t awful.)

Unless the quality suddenly drops in the next three cases, I have no idea what everyone was upset about. Game’s great. Thumbs Up

(Also, why hasn’t Jon Hamm sued Frogwares into bankruptcy yet??? I mean, seriously.)

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I was disappointed to see the ‘Action’ tag on this game.  Do you think it would be acceptable for someone who really dislikes action games but can (begrudgingly) deal with a few QTEs?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The investigation is definitely the biggest part of the game, but there are a few action sequences.

In what I’ve played so far, this is the most action-y the game gets. (No spoilers in the video; the intro for case 1 shows that bit, though you only get to play it near the end of the case. Well, don’t watch more than 3 minutes or so further than the point I linked to to avoid spoilers.)

You can see the game is pretty generous (the let’s-player is making lots of mistakes and yet not getting killed), but the sequence is definitely more action-y, and much longer, than what you’d get in, say, your typical Telltale game.

I’ll let you figure out if that’s too much for you.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If I remember correctly that is the more action-oriented part, there however some typical QTE-heavy parts and some annoying (but easy) stealth parts. But I think it’s all skippable if you don’t want to deal with them.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

wilco - 20 May 2017 05:43 PM

If I remember correctly that is the more action-oriented part, there however some typical QTE-heavy parts and some annoying (but easy) stealth parts. But I think it’s all skippable if you don’t want to deal with them.

Actually I don’t think it is. I had a lot of trouble with that part in the video and also the timed sequences in the 4th case in the Mayan temple.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top