• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Face Noir, part deux?

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Has anyone heard if there will ever be a part two to Face Noir? There’s nothing on the dev’s website, and I’m not into social media so can’t check anywhere else…

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Anything I’ve read says it’s a dead project.

I also emailed them over a month ago about a bug and got zero response.  So the chances seem pretty remote.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yes, unfortunetaly they don’t have resources to make it. I asked them for a Kickstarter campaign or something and never answered…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It was a pretty bad game, so nothing lost there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 17 May 2017 04:13 AM

It was a pretty bad game, so nothing lost there.

it wasn’t tomimt, despite it had two terrible puzzles, but we can’t put a game down for this reason or most of them (if not all) could be described pretty bad too.. if any noir game had the right atmosphere not to mention the great soundtrack then its Face Noir, and obvious that people enjoyed, i believe this is the third thread i catch asking about the sequel.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It was also badly written and badly voice acted.  There’s not really much of redeeming value about it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 17 May 2017 05:37 AM

badly voice acted.  There’s not really much of redeeming value about it.

see, you are just picking on it, i am enjoying a great game now without any voice acting involved, these matters doesn’t define good adventures. but bad writing.. hmm this is sumthing i never understood when talking adventure gaming unless you mean bad design.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

You tell em advie! Angry
Citizens of the (adventure) world, no longer are we content with a mere handful of pretty bad sequels, forever feeding on the scraps of Simon the Sorcerer, Ankh and Deponia successors thrown down from the heavens that nourish our appetite for pretty-badness. Rise up, and tell our (generally but not exclusively german) overlords them we want more! And we will not rest until we have it!  Pan  Crazy

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 17 May 2017 05:41 AM
tomimt - 17 May 2017 05:37 AM

badly voice acted.  There’s not really much of redeeming value about it.

see, you are just picking on it, i am enjoying a great game now without any voice acting involved, these matters doesn’t define good adventures. but bad writing.. hmm this is sumthing i never understood when talking adventure gaming unless you mean bad design.

Yes, I am because it’s a game that makes picking on it very easy. It’s overall poorly designed game in all areas and if you look at it honestly, it’s very evident why there’s no sequel nor why it didn’t sell enough to warrant one. It’s just one of those games that painful to play because how obliviously incompetent product it is.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It wasn’t a brilliant game, but I’ll always remember it fondly as it was one of my first translations. The atmosphere was nice, the music was great and the flashbacks were fun as you are supossed to know what to do because it has already happened. And the chinese cab driver was funny.

AG’s Review is 3,5 stars, user’s review the same. So it wasn’t so terrible…

I would play a second part to find out more about Destiny, but I think it’s not meant to happen.

Dannazione!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its what it is Tomimt, its one of the games i am TOTALLY agreeing with its rate here at the site, 3.5 stars really telling what it is

walas1974 - 17 May 2017 06:01 AM

I’ll always remember it fondly as it was one of my first translations.

were you helping with Phoenix Online publishing it?

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Advie - 17 May 2017 07:05 AM

its what it is Tomimt, its one of the games i am TOTALLY agreeing with its rate here at the site, 3.5 stars really telling what it is

I’ll always remember it fondly as it was one of my first translations.

were you helping with Phoenix Online publishing it?

No, I am an amateur translator. I translate graphic adventures into Spanish, just to fix the injustice to our language from many publishers (Dave Gilbert, listen).

I made the ‘official’ Primordia’s translation into Spanish.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I have to back tomimt here. I didn’t hate the game but I was underwhelmed and at times had to force myself to play it just to get through it. In addition to the issues tomimt mentioned, the game is also very poorly paced. For the first two thirds of it or so, nothing much happens. The story picks up only in the last part. And then.. bam, it’s over. Boo!

And the Chinese cab driver was a racist caricature, to be fair.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Dannazione!

Grin

I agree with Tom that there are many poor aspects to its production but I still enjoyed it for the atmosphere, characters, humour.

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Interesting feedback. Looks like some people liked it, some didn’t. For $1.99 on Humble Bundle during their spring sale, it might be worth a look: Face Noir on Humble Bundle

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top