• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thimbleweed Park—Maniac Mansion style game from Ron Gilbert & Gary Winnick

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

There are two different points where Reyes (or Ray) can be knocked out - once before the arrest and once later on. The time before the arrest there is a cutscene preceding it. The time after the arrest, there’s a cutscene afterwards. Note that these are both optional depending on other things you do during the game, so some players won’t see them at all.

About the navigator’s head, make sure you have “annoying in-jokes” turned on in the options menu, otherwise you can’t do anything with it. This setting was recently added to the game and it’s turned off by default, so you have to go in and turn it on even if you never actively turned it off.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It would been better if turning off “annoying in-jokes” got rid of the navigator’s head entirely. As well as all the other useless inventory items.

(I really hope it also gets rid of the “a-boo” jokes as well, but I doubt it)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The arcade is now open:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/27/thimbleweed-park-adds-arcade/

It is pretty nice of Ron to continue adding features to this awesome game, without charging any money for it. The game in my mind is complete the way it is, and any additions like this is just icing on top of the cake.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think that was the last major feature that was still missing from the game. It’s also nice that the characters can now speak to eachother. The level of after relese updates TP has gotten is pretty rare what comes to adventure games.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top