• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

giom - 10 May 2017 08:35 PM
Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2017 03:04 PM

Chrissie,
I was thinking that anyone participating would just add to the existing thread.

Probably better to do one thread per week/theme?
Just because a thread could spark discussion that last more than one week and we don’t want it to cannibalise the discussion of the next week’s theme or am I being too optimistic?

Yes, I meant the weekly existing thread. I think it would also save confusion if the subject appeared in each thread title.

I’ll start a new thread for us to keep track of things.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 May 2017 10:03 AM
giom - 10 May 2017 08:35 PM
Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2017 03:04 PM

Chrissie,
I was thinking that anyone participating would just add to the existing thread.

Probably better to do one thread per week/theme?
Just because a thread could spark discussion that last more than one week and we don’t want it to cannibalise the discussion of the next week’s theme or am I being too optimistic?

Yes, I meant the weekly existing thread. I think it would also save confusion if the subject appeared in each thread title.

I’ll start a new thread for us to keep track of things.

Great idea!
Yes, it seems it’s going to be a lot of fun & a little different!  Thumbs Up I completely agree with there being just the one ‘thematic’ thread per week (with the theme being posted in the title) but I just wanted to confirm that the idea was as well as discussion to add more screenshots in keeping with the theme in that same thread?

I will certainly offer to start a thread where there’s a gap over the next couple of months!  Smile

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

chrissie - 11 May 2017 11:17 AM

I completely agree with there being just the one ‘thematic’ thread per week (with the theme being posted in the title) but I just wanted to confirm that the idea was as well as discussion to add more screenshots in keeping with the theme in that same thread?

Yes, any contributions should make for lively topics.  The idea is to expand a topic as far as it will go.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am also going to post the same thing on the AGSOTD thread. I have been having some right elbow issues, and am currently wearing a “tennis elbow” brace. Doc says to cut down on computer stuff. Particularly mouse stuff. No more than 20 minutes/day.

I’ve already written this coming Friday’s AGSOTD. But I will not be writing the final chapter on June 30. Cluelass, if you want to step in and do another, got for it. Or chrissie, or Becky.

Nor can I commit to the the July 17 “Theme” post. So I will have to withdraw from that as well.

Will get back to it when the doc clears me to do so.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got this crazy idea to start up AGSOTD again - next year. I can start - does anyone mind?  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thumbs Up

I’ve been thinking the same thoughts.

Unfortunately, I posted a quote from this very same thread on another post. It involved Karlok. And it was not my intent to bring her into the conversation. It was to make it apparent that casual games have found a way to do things that people want done in adventure games.

Thus I’m a little hesitant. I don’t wan’t to rehash all the old stuff. I would commit to a year’s worth of Casual Fridays .... if there are no negatives involved.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted for the sake of the children

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Love you too.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Always nice to have a pleasant conversation. While you have successfully done it in the past, you won’t provoke me. I’ll let the mods decide whether your language is appropriate.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Anyway, I’m in barring complications.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tim, I don’t want to see a very knowledgeable gamer & a great contributor to this forum banned due to you using any excuse following my post & misquoting on another to provoke them rather than sticking to the subject!

Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There’s no need for anyone to banned, but plenty of reason for both parties concerned to grow up and stop creating trouble and/or escalating hostility.

Just ignore each other completely if you can’t be civil. (And that also means speaking ABOUT each other, not just TO each other.)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

So, for the resurrection of AGSOTD, I have a suggestion. Feel free to completely disregard, but it seems to me it would serve a number of purposes.

Instead of showing scenes of released games, how about focusing on upcoming games instead? No one will be speaking of them with any kind of firsthand knowledge (except perhaps in rare exceptions), but in a way that kind of puts everyone on equal footing in terms of reacting to what’s been shown so far.

There’s an almost depressing lack of chatter about really promising games coming down the pike, and this would be a good way to draw attention to them on the forums—and hey, maybe even get yourselves enthused about some new stuff too.

Plus, there’s no risk of rehashing old news that way.

Anyway, just a thought for those interested in contributing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top