• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A letter to Activision/Sierra told everything (we) want to say

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

http://www.sierrachest.com/index.php?a=news&pid=381
A fellow fan of Sierra Christopher Smith, had sent this letter, which is exactly holding everything (i) would tell myself to Activision/Sierra management.

i think this letter with it’s four kindly mentioned requests might need some sort of petition as the one that was made early and successfully for GOG to start releasing Sierra old adventures.

i am not sure about the last point and how technically could happen, but again i never made or started a petition in my life so i don’t know anything about how these tings supposed to work.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I doubt any of that will happen, as the “re-launch” of Sierra was a try from Activision to monetize their old assets. They chose King’s Quest because they thought it would sell like hot cakes. Had it met their expectations, we’d have an another old Sierra series in production right now.

The only petition they are interested of comes in the shape of money.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m planning of writing a letter to Codemasters, the F1 racing game developer who own the rights to Leisure Suit Larry. It reads as follows…

Dear Codemasters,

And then I spit on the paper and mail it.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TL;DR version: Make it 1992 again through science or magic.

That letter was thoroughly idiotic.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 10 May 2017 02:53 AM

I doubt any of that will happen, as the “re-launch” of Sierra was a try from Activision to monetize their old assets. They chose King’s Quest because they thought it would sell like hot cakes. Had it met their expectations, we’d have an another old Sierra series in production right now.

The only petition they are interested of comes in the shape of money.

Yeah, seems all that entire “revival” was releasing one game and publish a couple more indies under the Sierra banner. Didn’t sell a million units? kill it

Sierra.com still says “Many more titles coming soon”  Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 May 2017 04:35 AM

That letter was thoroughly idiotic.

Not coming from you.. I guess this is how a fan would talk to\about his beloved company unless we expect him to include ‘Feasibility study’ within his letter.
It’s about the points he gathered and if anyone looked at the old thread that was halted here by admins you see all those point been brought up.. he only made the move.. as hel explained they are not interacting enough with fans to get or see a similar debate

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top