• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Welcome Bookworms!

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

looks alright but..
can you make it 3d?

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

It´s Friday everyone! And I hope you´re all having a good time!

I stayed late at the office last night and put the first small pieces of the DEMO puzzle together, and here is the result.

It is veeeery basic so far. Just put Laura in there and tweaked a little with the waypaths and points but she is IN there and she is walking.

Today I will keep polishing and developing. Getting the rest of her animations in there, some pickups, more rooms etc. I will have a fun day with this I dare say! Grin

Thanks for following, and for your kind words and critiq. I am listening Smile

- N

Now, enjoy this Gif I put together about freedom and the feeling of joy.

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Testing…testing… is this thing working..?

Hello again everyone!
I’ve been away for a while, but the Bookworms project have not been standing still. I simply had to do some consulting work in between and sadly I suffered from a major computer crash some weeks ago. How ever, after some searching and fixing I believe most of the files made it out fine Smile So I’ve been working on the demo, and my friend and colleague Fredrik (check out his twitter! https://twitter.com/fredrikjonasson ) has been working with the music. And OMG it sounds great! ;D I’ll be back posting some progress pictures shortly.

Glad to be back! - N

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

While working on the Bookworms demo, I started working on a cover for it. THIS is what I want you guys to keep an eye out for when the demo is done! ;D

Here are some progress pictures.

Let’s get this thread back on track!
-N

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Welcome back!

Love the cover art you shared on Twitter, *edit* and here just now :-)

The animation, if you’re still looking for feedback, she seems to lean slightly too far back in posture, at least that’s the first thing I noticed.

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Thank you! And I am always open for feedback. I’ll note that for future changes.

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Great stuff Nellie! Smile

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Thanks Kaffebaggel! More will be up shortly Grin

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Right now I am working on the second draft of pick up animations (these will be the ones that I’ll use for the demo. In game Laura will be able to pick up things in 8 angles, in three different heights. *phew!* That is 24 animations! And they are DONE! I’ll give you guys a sneak peek. I am always open for feedback, but I will probably not change anything before the demo.

Keep following the spam, people! Grin Heart

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Tomorrow 12:30 (Swedish time) the first Bookworm dev log will be up on Youtube! Grin So wherever you are, if it is in the middle of the night and you can’t sleep, if you are one h**l of a night owl, or if you are just a normal Swedish nerd having lunch ;D… CHECK IT OUT on the new Youtube channel! Grin https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEw3GyOQbfZqlaLtTNPP7Q?disable_polymer=true
( Hope the link works! Nerd )

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Only one hour to go until first video dev log is up on Youtube! Grin Stay tuned! Whoo whoo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEw3GyOQbfZqlaLtTNPP7Q?disable_polymer=true Kiss

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Above: A little update on Grandmothers room. Been working on some updates lately to make the demo more polished Smile
Also put some closeups in there, like this box of memories in the bookshop.

It is now possible to click around and get closeups on all the photos in the rooms as well. There is also some video logging going on! Check out the first three episodes on Youtube! New ones every Monday! Grin

Ep3:

Ep2:

Ep1:

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

YES! The first playable draft of the Demo is DONE! A lot of things are left before the final but it is now fully working (until my closest testers find all the hidden bugs…) It may be a small thing compared to the final game BUT I am so glad to finally get to say this since I have had so few moments where I could’ve worked with it.

For more frequent updates, also check my twitter where I post when on the go : https://twitter.com/Nebirvi

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Looks great!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top