• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Posts into thin air?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 27 April 2017 08:39 AM

Plus I was logged in as Kurufinwe when I arrived here.  :exclaim:

And you didn’t even use the opportunity to have some fun? What’s wrong with you! :ohh:

Christminster appreciation thread, “Colonel’s Bequest Sucks” thread, “Should Riven have had Zombies?” thread… etc

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

dumbeur - 27 April 2017 09:30 AM

I was logged in as a mod this morning and could see the mod forum.

Lucky for you, it only lasted ~30 seconds or you’d all be banned by now.

Oooooooh!!! Please tell us all about your experience as a mod.  :coolsmile:

Happened to me years ago at justadventure.com. I noticed a “dungeon” forum I’d never seen before, which turned out to be for mods only. Being the good girl that I am, yes really,  :snake: I told the administrator, who tried to repair the damage. Then I noticed that when I clicked on the administrator’s “recent posts” below her avatar, I could read her recent PMs to the mods as well. :lol: Lovely forum software.

Oscar - 27 April 2017 10:02 AM

Plus I was logged in as Kurufinwe when I arrived here.  :exclaim:

And you didn’t even use the opportunity to have some fun? What’s wrong with you! :ohh:

I could do nothing, except log out. Tongue Which is what I did. 

EDIT: Logged out, came back, and now I’d turned into Gabe. I could see his ratings, but nothing else.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

All I can confirm is that the thread titles on the first page of the mod forum all appear very boring.

Or I’ve been inducted into a massive conspiracy involving burning giant owl effigies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was fov for a few seconds yesterday, but it was in the main page, refreshed and it all came back to normal

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What’s the point of this “code” we got instead of the spoiler tags?

testing... testing... 

Code is more useful in programming-oriented forums as it makes actual code very clear and easy to read.

Since the code tags use a font where every letter takes up an equal amount of space, it is rather handy for posting data in tables. It was used extensively during the group phase of the AG Vs. Tournament for displaying the standings.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I had noticed some posts missing but ascribed it to my sleep deprived state. Glad to know that it wasn’t that Smile

By the way, uploading an image no longer works (I know I could host the image somewhere else but I’m lazy)

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Still some odities, will look into uploading to ensure that works again (I did test it obviously, but things seemed to have broken).

When you see yourself logged in as someone else you cant do anything really, you’re just getting a cached page (and just that page). Something is off with my configuration thats causing this, but I believe I know what so I’ll try and tweak it later today (not currently near a computer).

Marek explained about the spoiler tag and smileys as well so I’ll try and make those changes again as well

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Smiles are back, spoiler tag is back. Made some further changes that hopefully stop people from seeing pages of others.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Don’t know if this is just me but since the changes messages are no longer being marked as “read”. Can “mark all messages as read” now (originally this just worked for new messages showing in groups, not individual forum messages. Had to log out and log back in to get those marked as read.) but within each forum they’re still showing as unread.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I have the same issue, but I find it’s just lagging.  If you wait a few mins it should update to ‘read’ status.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Nothing changed here except new post takes 5 min to show up

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

There is also lot’s of issues with post edits. Words disappearing in front of my eyes… Gasp

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

DarkEye - 04 May 2017 05:08 AM

There is also lot’s of issues with post edits. Words disappearing in front of my eyes… Gasp

Can you clarify what you mean with this? Screenshots perhaps?

Edit: I looks fine and immediate for me?

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Actually, I was able to reproduce some odd behavior after editing multiple times. Investigating.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 04 May 2017 04:30 PM

Actually, I was able to reproduce some odd behavior after editing multiple times. Investigating.

Made some changes, that remove caching through Cloudflare (a CDN) for specifically the forum as I think there are some double layers of caching influencing what we see.

TL;DR Made changes, think this resolves things.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top