• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yoomurjak’s Ring sequel?

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

I found info on the web concerning the sequel to YR - anyone knows when it’s expected to be released in English?

Also, what about AGON 5 - Four Dragons?

Edit: Here’s another, more official source: http://gamedev.privatemoon.com/en The game is called: Miazma or the Devil’s Stone

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

The game was discussed several times;  this post seems particularly pertinent.

Since this was 1) a freeware release, 2) seemingly an edutainment title, and 3) a spinoff from a book published only in Hungarian, the chances for foreign translations were never high to begin with back in 2015, let alone now. But Yoomurjak had waited 3 years for its English version, so who knows? I’d love to be wrong.

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

AFGNCAAP - 20 April 2017 02:26 PM

Since this was 1) a freeware release,

It was? Maybe I misunderstood something because I thought it was a commercial release.

There’s definitely a lot of interest in the game getting a translation. I wonder if we could get a petition going?

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Oscar - 21 April 2017 08:26 AM

There’s definitely a lot of interest in the game getting a translation. I wonder if we could get a petition going?

I’m in! Where do i sign? Grin

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Oscar - 21 April 2017 08:26 AM
AFGNCAAP - 20 April 2017 02:26 PM

Since this was 1) a freeware release,

It was? Maybe I misunderstood something because I thought it was a commercial release.

I am basing this on TalC2’s first link, where it is written:

www.atomki.hu -

The DVD of the interactive film was distributed as a free appendix enclosed to the Hungarian popular science journal Természet Világa in April 2015. In this issue of the journal, articles about the film, about meteorites, about professors István Hatvani and Sándor Szalay and about the dissemination activities of Atomki are available.

So maybe not technically freeware, but more of a ...promotional item, I guess? Of course it’s possible there was also a regular commercial edition available either earlier or later as well, but I couldn’t confirm its existence in my scouting of the web.

Couldn’t hurt.

EDIT: Actually, hold the presses. By looking around Private Moon’s site some more, I found what appears to be a download of the full 4.2 GB version of Miazma. So it seems it might be fully freeware after all. And so someone fluent in Hungarian and willing to, well, translate it for free Wink is all we’d need, no petition necessary.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

This is a bit off-topic but does anyone know where I can buy a digital copy of the English-language version of the original Yoomurjak’s Ring? I’ve looked but not exhaustively enough it seems (and I do not read Hungarian, either).

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

AFGNCAAP - 21 April 2017 12:29 PM

EDIT: Actually, hold the presses. By looking around Private Moon’s site some more, I found what appears to be a download of the full 4.2 GB version of Miazma. So it seems it might be fully freeware after all. And so someone fluent in Hungarian and willing to, well, translate it for free Wink is all we’d need, no petition necessary.

I’m almost certain that wasn’t there when I checked last year. And the link is labelled 2017.

Interesting.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

TerminusEst - 21 April 2017 09:12 PM

This is a bit off-topic but does anyone know where I can buy a digital copy of the English-language version of the original Yoomurjak’s Ring? I’ve looked but not exhaustively enough it seems (and I do not read Hungarian, either).

I think it was only available at the now defunct adventure game shop (the one that was closely linked to this very site). I bought mine from there. Haven’t seen it anywhere else.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

You can get it on iPhone or iPad

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Lucien21 - 22 April 2017 09:32 AM

True, but it’s a somewhat watered down version, with most of the fmv gone for example. Not bad though. In some ways maybe even better than the original.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Veovis - 22 April 2017 06:35 PM
Lucien21 - 22 April 2017 09:32 AM

True, but it’s a somewhat watered down version, with most of the fmv gone for example. Not bad though. In some ways maybe even better than the original.

Meh. What a bother. I don’t have an iProduct but if the game’s been ported to the iOS, I can have hope it will appear on Android and/or Steam eventually too.

Thanks for the replies, Veovis & Lucien.

AFGNCAAP - 21 April 2017 12:29 PM

Incidentally, has anyone checked whether the Miazma download includes English subtitles?

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

TerminusEst - 22 April 2017 07:06 PM

Incidentally, has anyone checked whether the Miazma download includes English subtitles?

I have; it doesn’t. Mini Frown

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

Miazma or the Devil’s Stone is freeware for the Hungarian version.

There is an English version, but you need a code. As they explain in their website (https://www.atomki.mta.hu/miazmaeng):

The game is protected by a code. Limited number codes are available from the sponsors, otherwise they can be bought directly from the game developer, Private Moon Studios:

http://gamedev.privatemoon.com/en

The Hungarian version can be downloaded free of charge from the Hungarian page:

http://www.atomki.mta.hu/miazma/

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

This is good news but…I can see where to download but not where you can purchase the ‘Key’ for the English version.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

GreyFuss - 12 March 2018 06:44 AM

This is good news but…I can see where to download but not where you can purchase the ‘Key’ for the English version.

Neither do I. I guess we must ask them…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Don’t expect a reply anytime soon. I emailed them a long time ago about the key, and still no response.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top