• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Week 4 - Spring Break - ENDED

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Spring Break

After the long winter, I decided to take my vacation in Gamers’ Haven, a warm tropical place for lovers of adventure games like me.  Below is a photo I took while cooling off near a waterfall.  As you can see, many characters and other items were there from adventure games. 

Your task is to identify the 19 different games represented in the scene, including the background.  You can make up to 3 guesses for each one, and they’ll be worth 10, 9 or 8 points for a first, second or third guess respectively.  The maximum points you can earn is 190. 

When submitting your answers, please make sure you describe each character or item well enough to distinguish it from anything else in the scene.  Submit your answers to me via PM by 11:00 PM GMT on Sunday, April 30.  Now dive in, but do beware of the sea monster.

Right click on the picture to view the entire image.

Answers to Spring Break:
A.  Stone head - Myst IV: Revelation
B.  Black cat - Fran Bow
C.  Woman with cape - Fable
D.  Bird in tree - Ace Ventura
E.  Teddy bear - U.F.O.s
F.  Small boy with hat - Lilly Looking Through
G.  Guitarist - Obsidian
H.  Meditating man - Goodbye Deponia
I.  Red flower - Journey to the Center of the Earth
J.  Man reaching - Full Throttle
K.  Sign - Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
L.  Woman hanging on rope - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
M.  Man in water - Yesterday (or Yesterday Origins)
N.  Short guy on beach ball - Gobliiins 4
O.  Sea serpent - Curse of Enchantia
P.  Submarine - The Mystery of the Nautilus/The Secret of the Nautilus
Q.  Old man on dock - Fairy Tale About Father Frost, Ivan & Nastya
R.  Man with gloves - Runaway: A Twist of Fate
Background - Destination: Treasure Island

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Spring Break scores:
Chrissie - 150
DarkEye - 150
Phlebas - 130
AFGNCAAP - 128
Sir Beardalot - 100
Eddyc - 80
Kurufinwe - 80
TimovieMan - 80
Becky - 79
Diego - 60
Karlok - 60
TechnoSpike - 40
Abnaxus - 30

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady from Fable!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 April 2017 07:21 PM

Answers to Spring Break:
A.  Stone head - Myst IV: Revelation

???????? I never noticed the stone head & only found the goblin (not on the beach ball) so was hunting a beach ball since which I thought was separate!  Laughing Laughing Laughing  Pan  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

All the answers in the picture were guessed, but the Teddy bear from the toy shop in UFOs and the Halt sign from LGoP2 had only one guess apiece.  Chrissie got the former and Phlebas the latter.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2017 06:30 AM

???????? I never noticed the stone head & only found the goblin (not on the beach ball) so was hunting a beach ball since which I thought was separate!  Laughing Laughing Laughing  Pan  Laughing

I agree it was tricky in how well the head blended in. I had also, like you, been certain that the ball is separate, and only managed to see the hidden head (and thus re-count the images) after I was double-checking the background from Destination: TI, and noticed the stone figure’s not a part thereof.

Lady Kestrel - 01 May 2017 10:06 AM

All the answers in the picture were guessed, but the Teddy bear from the toy shop in UFOs and the Halt sign from LGoP2 had only one guess apiece.

I am kicking myself now, because I had actually scoured some LGoP2 screenshots in search of the caped lady—and now I re-checked the “HALT” is visible front and center in one of the sets I looked into. All the women must have distracted me, I guess! Naughty

Were there screenshots nobody guessed correctly in any of the previous weeks?

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

AFGNCAAP - 02 May 2017 07:29 AM

I agree it was tricky in how well the head blended in. I had also, like you, been certain that the ball is separate, and only managed to see the hidden head (and thus re-count the images) after I was double-checking the background from Destination: TI, and noticed the stone figure’s not a part thereof.

Unfortunately I never came across the whole screenshot for DTI (until just now!) & based my answer for the background on the immediate scene surrounding the waterfall.

I am kicking myself now, because I had actually scoured some LGoP2 screenshots in search of the caped lady—and now I re-checked the “HALT” is visible front and center in one of the sets I looked into. All the women must have distracted me, I guess! Naughty

I’d done the same thing (apart from being distracted by the women! Laughing ) & missed the Halt sign which infuriatingly is as clear as day! As a rule I do find those composite scenes the most challenging as there’s no particular focus when browsing so you find yourself looking for a specific object/person in a game & ignoring screenshots you don’t expect to find them in!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Were there screenshots nobody guessed correctly in any of the previous weeks?

Yes, in the April Showers puzzle, nobody guessed Slip Space, and only you and Becky got Legacy: Dark Shadows.  The other screenshot puzzles had multiple guesses for each picture.  It did surprise me that more players didn’t guess the Dark Being from Lighthouse.  I thought he’d be easy to identify for most gamers.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I was staring into this guy for a quite some time at 2AM, but I was not convinced it was the right one. Somehow I’ve thought guy from the quiz must be from a game released somewhere in between 1993-1995 Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

chrissie - 02 May 2017 08:10 AM

I’d done the same thing (apart from being distracted by the women! Laughing ) & missed the Halt sign which infuriatingly is as clear as day! As a rule I do find those composite scenes the most challenging as there’s no particular focus when browsing so you find yourself looking for a specific object/person in a game & ignoring screenshots you don’t expect to find them in!

Ditto. I wish I’d squinted at all the LGoP2 screenshots a bit more carefully.

At first I assumed the moai-like statue head was from Sam & Max: Moai Better Blues, because it looks kinda comical. But the Sam & Max moai actually are rather grim looking with burning eyes. I was amazed, after the answers were finally posted, to find the screenshot in Myst IV. I mean, such a serious game! And the statue is rather silly looking. At least one Myst IV developer had a quirky sense of humor.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top