• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Welcome Bookworms!

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Nebirvi - 31 March 2017 06:03 AM

Now, female redhead Laura is what I’m working with, and changes might still come, but the female version of our protagonist is here to stay!
[/img]

Laura’s upperbody too short or her legs too long, you decide.For a librarian would be better to try some eyeglasses options.Her hair looks light brown on pics,like to see
redhair though.Looking forward to see Scruffy.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Gabe - 31 March 2017 11:55 AM
Nebirvi - 31 March 2017 06:03 AM

Now, female redhead Laura is what I’m working with, and changes might still come, but the female version of our protagonist is here to stay!

Laura’s upperbody too short or her legs too long, you decide.For a librarian would be better to try some eyeglasses options.Her hair looks light brown on pics,like to see
redhair though.Looking forward to see Scruffy.

Hmm, I didn’t want to say anything because the rest of what you’ve shown so far looks really good, but I have to agree with Gabe here. When I saw that your protagonist was going to be a librarian I was really hoping she would have glasses too. Tongue

All the best with your game and also it’s nice to see yet another adventure game developer from Sweden. Fran Bow, The Journey Down, Kathy Rain, The Samaritan Paradox, you’re in good company here.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

The character art is very good effort but 3 problems with that i can see:
1 - Eyes too big and far apart. Normal people don’t have round eyes like that, if you look at an ordinary face the eyes are more squinty and oval shaped and pinched at the ends.
2 - Hair is kind of weird, its really looks like a wig or something, too perfect
3- Pants weird too, maybe fashion in some parts of the world but not sure.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I like the look - it’s distinctive, and the style is clearly kind of cartoony so the face and hair work fine. The hair will depend on the animation, of course - the static shot looks great but if it doesn’t move as she walks it won’t work.

As to the glasses debate: If you want people to take one look at the character and think ‘Librarian!’ then glasses would encourage that. But not all librarians wear glasses, just like not all computer programmers have glasses and awesome beards Smile

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Scruffy! A trusty companion on a possibly dangerous journey…

Working on Scruffy is one of the funniest things on my to do list. Much because I love the idea of a bulky cat following you around in the game and it is nice to see him do so, but most of all because he is the first four legged creature I´ve had the honor to animate. It has been a learning process, and I am happy with how he turns out. I feel like a surgeon tweaking and rotating all these limbs…

Gifs will be up!

Workin hard! - N

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

So, I believe I promised to post some gifs on the animations I´ve been working on?
So allow me to present my dear friend SCRUFFY THE CAT!

He is loyal, chubby, not too intelligent and always want to help! ( Last two not always a great combo…) give him the love he deserves!

He will follow you almost always! When he is not licking his private parts or chasing imaginary butterflies…

Just look at that fluffy bum Grin

All his animation angles are now done for the demo! Woo!, some refining might still occur before the real game. ( which is far ahead)

More about Scruffy later.
Thanks for watching! - N

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Your images are broken (they’re not linking directly to .jpg or whatever).

Game looks fantastic though! Smile

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

dumbeur - 21 April 2017 10:57 AM

Thanks mate! ( and thanks for mentioning, wierd becauce I sould see them in the preview Meh ) updated now, what about now people? Gasp

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Nebirvi - 21 April 2017 11:19 AM
dumbeur - 21 April 2017 10:57 AM

Thanks mate! ( and thanks for mentioning, wierd becauce I sould see them in the preview Meh ) updated now, what about now people? Gasp

Yup, I can see his fluffy bum now!

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

A bum as fluffy as that should, quite frankly, be illegal! Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like the way your characters look and move, Nebirvi, and there’s no need for a stereotypical librarian with glasses.  Cool

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I think there’s nothing stereotypical about Google Glass.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

A little Monday update! First of all it is Monday so I am super tired, so I tell everyone who feels the same to take a big cup of tea/coffee and a twice as big piece of chocolate Thumbs Up

So today’s update: Here is a few concepts on some characters from the world of Bookworms.

Above: One of the things you need to know is that there are a lot of old people in Bookworms. Why? Because they are great sources of knowledge, tell great stories and have great facial attributes! ( And it just kinda happened…) So where ever you go you can be sure to stumble across some old veteran.

Above: ” The brothers” These two live on the so called “Dream Islands” along with their mother (wheelchair on pic 1) They are both hard working men, one with brains, one with brawn. They do not have much in common, but the love for their mother. You´ll get to know them later!

Above: The RabRabs ( one of my personal favorites and actually one of the first races and places that started my whole train of through) The Rabrabs live by the rules of their King on their “Island of Rab” Where carrots grow sky high and the tropical climate make the people scream for ice cream everyday.

I´ll now return to my huge cup of tea and these adorable chocolates shaped like rabbits in suits…

-N

Joined 2017-03-23

PM

Just a little postcard from me and Laura to you! A personal photo of Lauras actually. She and Scruffy go way back.
Catnipp, Laura’s Grandma´s cat is actually the mother of the little rascal and his other three siblings.
The other three was placed in other homes, but Laura wanted to keep Scruffy as her own.
Can you see which one is him?

Clue: He is the only bob tail. Grin

Have a nice Friday guys! - N  :heart:

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Nebirvi - 28 April 2017 05:35 AM

Just a little postcard from me and Laura to you! A personal photo of Lauras actually. She and Scruffy go way back.
Catnipp, Laura’s Grandma´s cat is actually the mother of the little rascal and his other three siblings.
The other three was placed in other homes, but Laura wanted to keep Scruffy as her own.
Can you see which one is him?

Clue: He is the only bob tail. Grin

Have a nice Friday guys! - N  :heart:

This is exactly what I needed right now :snake:

Looking forward to the game! Have a great Friday!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top