• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 19 April 2017 05:43 PM

I’m not defending FIFA, but it’s not that easy to implement replay at the spot, because of a soccer sport nature. That would mean that EVERY TIME when the side ref signals an offside, everyone would still need to continue to play, no matter how obvious the offside is. You lose you gas quickly that way, and it becomes a different game. Because, imagine a situation where the side ref (incorrectly) signals an offside, and the attacking team stops running. What use is of a replay technology, if they stopped the action? In other words, if you implement replay for every situation, you’re practically making refs on the pitch redundant.

I think you’ll only need to use in case it’s a goal. If not just play on.
If the ref would call the offside, it should just stop the play like now, but knowing they could backtrack in the decision would probably lead to less bad offside calls.
Not to mention the goal line but that’s already being used in lots of places so it will probably be everywhere soon.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 April 2017 06:04 PM
diego - 19 April 2017 05:43 PM

I’m not defending FIFA, but it’s not that easy to implement replay at the spot, because of a soccer sport nature. That would mean that EVERY TIME when the side ref signals an offside, everyone would still need to continue to play, no matter how obvious the offside is. You lose you gas quickly that way, and it becomes a different game. Because, imagine a situation where the side ref (incorrectly) signals an offside, and the attacking team stops running. What use is of a replay technology, if they stopped the action? In other words, if you implement replay for every situation, you’re practically making refs on the pitch redundant.

I think you’ll only need to use in case it’s a goal. If not just play on.
If the ref would call the offside, it should just stop the play like now, but knowing they could backtrack in the decision would probably lead to less bad offside calls.
Not to mention the goal line but that’s already being used in lots of places so it will probably be everywhere soon.

Easy solution in Cricket for that is appealing to third Umpire , a team of umpires or an umpire who check replays many times for few minutes and give result of out or no out

Same in Tennis when there is issue on line, players can appeal

Both use transparent ball tech and whatnot
Cricket even now uses complex ball trajectory for LBW , still if team is pissed they can appeal, and get third umpire give results later, without stopping action

So even if FIFA aint using tech or dont want to stop action
Third umpire/referees are best bet and very easy bet even for checking penalties

Its just stupid on FIFA’s WWE spectacle

Edit

Check this

Camera on wickets to confirm
3rd umpire
Then button malfunctions, it says Out
But hey Third Umpire messages on codec to umpires on ground, Hey guys its machine going nuts he is not out

Thats how things are done in Sports

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Football doesn’t need video referees. Get line technology and unbiased refs and we are good to go.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Man United going through in another game they missed tons of goals but the most negative stuff was watching Zlatan leaving the game with a possible serious injury… Hope not

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ajax advanced. Yeah.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 April 2017 05:34 PM

Man United going through in another game they missed tons of goals but the most negative stuff was watching Zlatan leaving the game with a possible serious injury… Hope not

ewwww
That must have hurt
Cry

Karma is bitch

Edit

Messi is a disaster in pressure and when he needs to perform

He can only play his game with small teams and opening matches

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Semi-finals:
Atletico - Real -at least it’s not the final again
Monaco - Juve - Best offense against against defense, should be interesting but I think Juve will win it

Man United - Celta
Ajax - Lyon

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

R7 is the man

Man i want zidane and R7 to win cup , messi and his fans salt gonna be something

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 April 2017 04:07 PM

R7 is the man

Man i want zidane and R7 to win cup , messi and his fans salt gonna be something

Zidane doing a good job, managing egos and great squad rotation. Great player managing to be a promising coach so far. Although he has not won anything this year. Big game this Sunday.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 21 April 2017 05:22 PM

be a promising coach so far.

How do you figure that? Has limited vision of the game and is probably going to focus on expanding his underwear line. No way Ronaldo will be a coach.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 21 April 2017 07:44 PM
wilco - 21 April 2017 05:22 PM

be a promising coach so far.

How do you figure that? Has limited vision of the game and is probably going to focus on expanding his underwear line. No way Ronaldo will be a coach.

Coach Ronaldo is the best, already has a Euro cup Smile

I was talking about Zidane, no way Ronaldo will ever be a coach, we’ll just focus on all his business ventures.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Wooot!!!!

My team are in the Scottish Cup Final with a 3-2 win over Hibs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39605157

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 22 April 2017 04:53 AM

I was talking about Zidane, no way Ronaldo will ever be a coach, we’ll just focus on all his business ventures.

Loss of Messi and R7 hat-trick did a number on fans

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 22 April 2017 09:24 AM

Wooot!!!!

The other semi-final was playing on TV here. Good luck for the final, maybe pulling an upset over Celtic is possible

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 23 April 2017 09:56 AM
Lucien21 - 22 April 2017 09:24 AM

Wooot!!!!

The other semi-final was playing on TV here. Good luck for the final, maybe pulling an upset over Celtic is possible

Hopefully it will be a good game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top