• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2nd game that doesn’t work after last windows update.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

JULIA Among the Stars… It played fine a month ago.  Now, like Stasis, it is not launching.  GOG version.  Anyone else with issues?

Error is “wme lite runtime has stopped working”

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Can anyone confirm if their GOG version of either this or Stasis will run for them after the latest windows 10 update?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Since I had the game loaded I checked and mine (GoG version of J.U.L.I.A running at HD) works ok. Didn’t do much but the game launched properly and I could travel between planets without a problem.
Only odd thing on launch was the game moved on my desktop wallpaper 3 or 4 times (set to change daily) and this may be your problem. I have a pretty powerful machine running a six core I7 @ 3.50Ghz with 32GB of DDR4 RAM on Windows 10 64 bit and I’m wondering if your kit can’t process whatever instructions fast enough to deal with the wallpaper issue. But this is pure hypothesis/speculation on my part and could be way off target.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

And you’ve done the latest windows update?

I’m running a Core i5-4670k
8gb ram
windows 10 64 bit
Geforce gtx 780

I shouldn’t have problems with an adventure game…  Plus, it ran fine a month ago.  I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same problem.  The game doesn’t even try to launch The WME lite just crashes right away.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Fully updated.
Specs for me:
Intel Core i7 5930K
32GB DDR4
GeForce GTX 780 Ti (x2 in SLI)
Windows 10 64 bit

Just tried running again and this time wallpaper didn’t advance. However, the game gave me the option screen for full HD or Launch HD Ready (not surprisingly I opt for full HD)but then seemed to drop out black screening the desktop, back in, out again, and then in and loads the main menu screen. It’s definitely odd behaviour and I don’t recall it doing that before but it’s about 9 months or so since I last looked at the game.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jabod - 17 April 2017 10:47 AM

Fully updated.

Random thought: What version are you actually running? Microsoft started pushing the Creators Update (v. 1703) to some users last week, but not to everyone. So Windows Update might tell you you’re up-to-date while you’re still on the previous version (Anniversary Update, v. 1607), whereas darthmaul might be on v. 1703.

You might want to look at the version number in Settings > System > About to make sure you’re both looking at the same version of Windows.

(I’m on v. 1703; I might re-install JULIA to check how it runs if it turns out Jabod is on version 1607.)

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Good thought K, as I’m on 1607.  Thumbs Up
Now running the Creator’s Update as I type this. I’ll post findings once it’s done.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ok, now up to 1703.

I have to confess that, having worked in IT for 45 years including managing a desktop team with 22 engineers working for me, I’m somewhat embarrassed to not having thought of that. Probably a good thing I’m retired now

Anyway, J.U.L.I.A. loads fine still, in fact its dropped one of the “dropouts” to a black-screened desktop.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Out of desperation, I tried to update geforce.  I knew I had the latest driver download, but when launching the geforce experience, it had a geforce experience update.  After diong that, both Julia and Stasis worked fine… I don’t know if it’ll stay working or what the geforce experience could have done, but for the moment, crisis averted!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top