• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Week 3 - Bad Eggs - ENDED

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Pictured below are a dozen of the many thugs and villains that appear in adventure games.  Your task is to identify these bad eggs.  I don’t need the game name, just the name and/or designation of each character.  You have 3 chances to guess each one correctly, and if your first guess is correct you’ll earn 10 points.  A correct second or third guess will earn you 9 or 8 points respectively.

Bonus:  The hints below will give you a specific letter from the last (or only) name of each character.  If you arrange the letters correctly, it will yield a two-word title of an adventure game.  Solving this will earn you an additional 15 points, but you get only one chance to guess it correctly.
1 - fifth
2 - third
3 - fourth
4 - third
5 - second
6 - third
7 - last
8 - first
9 - next to last
10 - second
11 - last
12 - first

Your maximum score for this puzzle is 135.  Get cracking and send your answers to me by 11:00 PM GMT on Sunday, April 23.

Answers to Bad Eggs:
1.  Dr. Cyrus Dupliscidus - Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
2.  Antonio Bandana - Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine
3.  John Starek - Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure/The Westerner
4.  The Dark Being - Lighthouse: The Dark Being
5.  Petra - Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
6.  Tong - Heart of China
7.  Marquis De Singe - Tales of Monkey Island
8.  Joseph Hughes - Nancy Drew: The Final Scene
9.  Hanna Von Hagenhild - Lost Horizon
10.  Gehn - Riven
11.  Maximillian Von Bosardigheist - The Cameron Files: Pharaoh’s Curse
12.  Vlad - Titanic: Adventure Out of Time
Bonus:  Inherent Evil

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

DarkEye - 125
Eddyc - 125
AFGNCAAP - 115
Chrissie - 105
Phlebas - 100
Abnaxus - 70
TimovieMan - 70
Becky - 60
Kurufinwe - 60
Diego - 50
Sir Beardalot - 50
Karlok - 40
SoccerDude28 - 30

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Love these eggs. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Diego.  It was fun putting them together.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 April 2017 11:49 AM

Thanks, Diego.  It was fun putting them together.

It’s actually a good idea for an egg tapping. Imagine an egg with Guybrush Threepwood image fighting the LeChuck egg. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had to look up egg tapping, Diego, as it wasn’t anything we did as kids.  The big thing for us was to dye them for an egg hunt, then crack, peel and eat them with a little salt.  Still, a hero vs. villain egg tapping would be fun. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 April 2017 12:21 PM

I had to look up egg tapping, Diego, as it wasn’t anything we did as kids.  The big thing for us was to dye them for an egg hunt, then crack, peel and eat them with a little salt.  Still, a hero vs. villain egg tapping would be fun. Smile

Ohh… egg tapping is the greatest joy of my childhood! Grin And of course, beside cheating (one would dye a non-chicken egg, usually a guineafowl egg, which is of a similar size to a chicken egg, but much harder to crack), there were also some classic jokes, like dying a non-boiled egg, and when you play egg tapping, it would spill on the opponent’s hand! Tongue

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  Here’s to the simple (and devious) joys of childhood. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

As promised, I googled the Bad Eggsies. Here are the rather surprising results. Sorry,  Dutch text.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My search yielded these 7 misses, so it seems to depend on where you are.
1 - cartoon
3, 4, 5 & 11 - head
6 - facial expression
9 - lip

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Apart from the location, I’d imagine it also depends on how exactly you crop the image.

Just to prove the point, I managed to yield the correct result on #1, which was a miss in both of your searches, by cutting it just right, and editing the background to how it might have looked originally.

Then again, this is a graphic style that instantly screamed Callahan’s to me, despite not having played the game, and it was much easier to confirm that than to spend half an hour on refining the image ...but if someone did guess it that way, I say more power to them. Frankly, I hadn’t even thought of using image search before rtrooney brought it up in the other thread, but now that I see it (sometimes) works, why wouldn’t I? I don’t consider googling the image as any more unfair, than say, googling the text “adventure game evil surgeon”.

(I can’t imagine either strategy will do a lot of good for a collage like this week’s, by the way.)

This space intentionally left blank.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Doesn’t change the fact that at the end of the day, Google search will do you nothing in this quiz. A point here and there yes, but won’t even get you one place in front. Do you hear that, KARLOK!!! I’m not giving you my 10th spot!!! I’ll fight ‘till the very end!!! GrinGrin   Kiss

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top