• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Week 2 - Spring Bonnets - ENDED

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Spring Bonnets

These game characters are all decked out in the latest spring fashion.  Your task is to identify in which games these chapeau-wearing characters appear.  You have 3 guesses for each character and will gain 10 points for each correct first guess, 9 points for a second guess, and 8 points for a third.  Your maximum score for this quiz is 160 points.  Send your answers to me by 11:00 PM GMT on Sunday, April 16.

Answers to Spring Bonnets:
1.  80 Days
2.  Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
3.  Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
4.  Hoodwink
5.  Zelenhgorm: Land of the Blue Moon
6.  Versailles 2: Testament of the King
7.  Jack Keane
8.  Tales from the Borderlands
9.  The Three Musketeers
10.  The Westerner 2: Fenimore Filmore’s Revenge
11.  Haunted
12.  Mata Hari
13.  Samorost
14.  Slap Village
15.  Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail
16.  The Inner World

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Scores for Spring Bonnets:
Chrissie - 140
AFGNCAAP - 128
DarkEye - 120
Sir Beardalot - 80
Becky - 70
TimovieMan - 70
Phlebas - 60
Abnaxus - 50
Eddyc - 50
Kurufinwe - 50
TechnoSpike - 50
Diego - 40
Karlok - 40

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Our players seem to be keeping up with the latest fashion in headgear.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I know it is possible to right-click on an image and save it. Then, once it’s saved, I can right-click on it again, and do a Google search for the image. Sometimes it works. But seeing that I only played three of the sixteen games, posting answers that are based on anything less than first-hand knowledge seems a bit like cheating. Which is why I’ve never participated.

That’s not accusing anybody of anything! Only that it would be cheating for me to participate. I’m certain that everyone at the head of the list played every one of these games, and immediately recognized the bonnet in question. Innocent

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 16 April 2017 08:46 PM

I’m certain that everyone at the head of the list played every one of these games, and immediately recognized the bonnet in question. Innocent

ROTFL!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think your post is insulting to those who are playing in this tourney, Tim.  You can be familiar with screenshots of games you haven’t played.  I know when I’ve been a player, even when I don’t recognize a specific picture, I may get a hunch from the style of graphics or the colors used and then I search the galleries here and on other websites for the games I think it might be.  Like anything else, the more you participate in these kinds of quizzes, the better you get at identifying the pics.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That’s not accusing anybody of anything! Only that it would be cheating for me to participate. I’m certain that everyone at the head of the list played every one of these games, and immediately recognized the bonnet in question. Innocent

I have to agree with rtrooney here. There is no possible way to know/find/remember a screenshot from the game you haven’t played. And on top of that, this whole tournament is fake too. Lady Kestrel sended answers from all puzzles to us a week before tournament started, because she couldn’t say which games sombody has played. It would be impossible to guess/find any of those! And that’s goes for any quiz ever posted here!

It’s always the same story. If somebody is not capable to do something, then all the others are cheaters.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know it is possible to right-click on an image and save it. Then, once it’s saved, I can right-click on it again, and do a Google search for the image. Sometimes it works. But seeing that I only played three of the sixteen games, posting answers that are based on anything less than first-hand knowledge seems a bit like cheating. Which is why I’ve never participated.

Hi Tim, I see that you haven’t quite grasped the concept of particularly the screenshot quizzes! They are not tests of what games you’ve played (so no 1st-hand knowledge required) or if you have, of your memory of them. The idea is to research the images via screenshot galleries if they are either unfamiliar or you just can’t remember in which game you saw them! (only if you want to though as some members just prefer to submit the few answers they know.)
If you see it as that easy to Google the images (bearing in mind that all participants can pursue that option on an equal basis) I’d be interested to see how far you get in joining in with Week 3 - Bad Eggs by ‘cheating’ or at least trying that route! Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 17 April 2017 08:36 AM

If you see it as that easy to Google the images (bearing in mind that all participants can pursue that option on an equal basis) I’d be interested to see how far you get in joining in with Week 3 - Bad Eggs by ‘cheating’ or at least trying that route! Smile

Okay, I’ll take you up on your challenge. Even though I’m not rtrooney. I have already sent LadyKestrel my four answers to the Bad Eggs quiz, as she will be able to confirm. Just four, that’s it for me. I will reveal the results of the challenge next Sunday, after LadyKestrel has posted the answers.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 17 April 2017 09:14 AM
chrissie - 17 April 2017 08:36 AM

Okay, I’ll take you up on your challenge. Even though I’m not rtrooney. I have already sent LadyKestrel my four answers to the Bad Eggs quiz, as she will be able to confirm. Just four, that’s it for me. I will reveal the results of the challenge next Sunday, after LadyKestrel has posted the answers.

Great Karlok! Thumbs Up I look forward to your findings next week! Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I know some images can be found by doing a search.  In fact, that’s why I put frames around my rain screenshots the first week.  I even debated about putting flowers on all the hats here but decided to let things stand as they are.  It’s always a problem to find the balance between too difficult and too easy.  I think there’s enough variety in my puzzles to hit the different skills of the players, and everyone will play as they see fit.  There are some players, myself included, who have the time and inclination to search hours for a screenshot, and there are some who are content to eyeball the pics and send in a few quick answers.  So be it, but let’s not accuse (or even just imply) that those who are succeeding are also cheating.  It just may be that they have better skills and more determination than you do.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 April 2017 11:38 AM

I know some images can be found by doing a search.

I think that applies more to the “Adventure Game Scene… uh, Game” thread where we’re given most of a screenshot.

In quizzes, the images have been cropped far more, and they have a number inside the screenshot, which is more than enough to throw Google Images off. I’m not so sure that a search would reveal any of them here.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 17 April 2017 02:35 PM
Lady Kestrel - 17 April 2017 11:38 AM

I know some images can be found by doing a search.

I think that applies more to the “Adventure Game Scene… uh, Game” thread where we’re given most of a screenshot.

In quizzes, the images have been cropped far more, and they have a number inside the screenshot, which is more than enough to throw Google Images off. I’m not so sure that a search would reveal any of them here.

What he said. We already had this discussion. The quizzes posted at Adventure Gamers in 99% occasions are cropped and/or resized in that way that Google image won’t do any good. I’m talking about quizzes like this one, not Adventure Game Scene. Having been part of Mystery Manor/Fall/April Fools’ tournament I can conclude that whoever gets points, every and each point is fully deserved.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top