• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - Installation Problems

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I recently purchased the Testament of Sherlock Holmes from the Adventure shop. I downloaded the game, but when I tried to install it, the following problem occurs:

C\Games\SH\000\texture.pak
An error occured while trying to copy a file:
The source is corrupted

I have downloaded the game twice, using the AG Downloader. The error message still appears during the installation. Does anyone have any idea about what’s going on here?

I am really sad, because TToSH was a game I was really waiting for…  Frown

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Sefir, that is one of the reasons that I am avoiding buing games from other places than Steam. I recently bought Secret Files 3 from GamersGate and had issues that were fixed only a week later. Hope you can resolve your issues because this game worth playing it. I just finished it and can say that it is one of the best adventure games I playied in years. It is realy 5 stars. Everything is very well done: characters, story, ambiance, voices, music. A great game. And the end is very touching and unexpected. If it wasn’t for the price, I’d suggest you to buy another copy from Steam. Worth every penny!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Sefir - 28 September 2012 05:51 PM

I recently purchased the Testament of Sherlock Holmes from the Adventure shop. I downloaded the game, but when I tried to install it, the following problem occurs:

C\Games\SH\000\texture.pak
An error occured while trying to copy a file:
The source is corrupted

I have downloaded the game twice, using the AG Downloader. The error message still appears during the installation. Does anyone have any idea about what’s going on here?

I am really sad, because TToSH was a game I was really waiting for…  Frown

Looks like it is more connected to the downloading process: unstable Internet connection may have caused inappropriate files downloading. Your hard drive may also corrupt files while downloading. 
I suggest emailing our support (at) frogwares.com - guys will advice on the checksums to find which file is corrupted and then will help. Just make sure you send them your Dxdiag.

Hopefully you will enjoy the game shortly!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

About the game, anyone uses ATI gpu card and run this game fine?

Adding more information:  This game requires nvidia physx to run but my gpu doesnt support this feature.

Ive tried to install physx from the support folder and from nvidia website but none of the installation runs.

I’m using HD5450 radeon

any thoughts? Thanks.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

To my knowledge, nvidia physx is required and installed ONLY if the installation detects a nvidia card. If you have a Radeon card, it will play also without the “benefits” of physx. The specs to run the game requires a HD2600XT or better. So, I see no problem running the game with an ATI.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Canio - 10 October 2012 04:22 AM

About the game, anyone uses ATI gpu card and run this game fine?

Adding more information:  This game requires nvidia physx to run but my gpu doesnt support this feature.

Ive tried to install physx from the support folder and from nvidia website but none of the installation runs.

I’m using HD5450 radeon

any thoughts? Thanks.

Its not that I am from the tech team, they would definitely recommend something more specific ;-)

The ATI card should work perfectly, Nvidia physics works separately from the Nvidia videocard. You can use either this one or the one from your processor.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Thanks for the input, sorry for the late reply, kind of busy lately, I have solved the problem, apparently, it was the driver version of my realtek audio, i have updated it and it runs fine now, certainly did not expect an audio driver to have played such a critical role here.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top