• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

You guyz might want to put money in this KS, check it out

Mages of Mystralia

Zeldaxfablexdiablo

@wilco

Ruiner coming soon too,

Hotline Cyberpunk Smile

And

Strafe is now May 9th

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ruiner looks good.
I backed Strafe, didnt know about that release date Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No Truce With The Furies

desiderio59 - 17 March 2017 10:09 AM

Wow, Tokyo 42 looks great! Haven’t seen much like it.

Here are some games that are out now:

Brigador (isometric synthwave mech game):

She Remembered Caterpillars (beautiful-looking puzzle game, there’s a demo out):

CrossCode (SNES-style puzzle/action game, in early access and has a demo):

Man great picks, keep sharing, didnt know about them
Seriously so many indies

Brigador looks dope, but too small like tokyo42

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Okay!

The Next Penelope (futuristic top-down racer):

I had a blast playing this.

Momodora: Reveries Under the Moonlight (metroid-vania that looks and plays a little like Dark Souls):

There’s also Momodora 1-3, 3 is pretty good. 1 and 2 are fine, also they’re free.

Small Radios Big Televisions (weird atmospheric point-and-click):

NOTE: It took me 2 hours to finish the game and it’s pretty easy, so I’d recommend waiting for a sale and only playing it if you like the aesthetic in the trailer.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 18 March 2017 11:45 AM

Okay!

The Next Penelope (futuristic top-down racer):

I had a blast playing this.

Momodora: Reveries Under the Moonlight (metroid-vania that looks and plays a little like Dark Souls):

There’s also Momodora 1-3, 3 is pretty good. 1 and 2 are fine, also they’re free.

Small Radios Big Televisions (weird atmospheric point-and-click):

NOTE: It took me 2 hours to finish the game and it’s pretty easy, so I’d recommend waiting for a sale and only playing it if you like the aesthetic in the trailer.

Penelope is legit , damn i want it on PS4, great share

Momodara was my on list, good its on ps4

Does Radio/Tv game is just acid The game or there is some story??

Thanks for share (y)

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Does Radio/Tv game is just acid The game or there is some story??

There is some dialogue between levels to give you some context but it’s nothing memorable.

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Oh yeah if you like retro-styled platformers and/or Pixel (Cave Story’s dev) I recommend Pixel’s Kero Blaster. It’s just fun. Also there are two FREE prequels called Pink Hour and Pink Heaven. All of these games have both a laid-back normal mode and then a really difficult hard mode that actually contains content not in the normal difficulty.

Also another fun game is VVVVVV. All you do is move and flip gravity, but it has very creative level design - all the areas in the game are open to you from the start. Also very catchy music, as you can hear in the trailer.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yooka-Laylee reviews are all over the place. Ranging between 3 and 9… Maybe it needs nostalgia for N64 to appreciate it?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 April 2017 02:48 PM

Yooka-Laylee reviews are all over the place. Ranging between 3 and 9… Maybe it needs nostalgia for N64 to appreciate it?

67 MC

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/yooka-laylee

Some later footages were crap tbh, too empty and i had a feeling that Unity was holding them back, you know default forestry or vegetation on UE4 is much better than flat textures in laylee

Dunno dropping it for Crash remaster

Gonna check vid reviews later, its already causing shitstorm in BK fans Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 April 2017 04:54 AM

67 MC

Some later footages were crap tbh, too empty and i had a feeling that Unity was holding them back, you know default forestry or vegetation on UE4 is much better than flat textures in laylee

Reading some reviews, I don’t think I would get it now if I didn’t backed the kickstarter. Seems disappointing. Maybe a Hat in Time will be a better old-school platformer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 April 2017 06:40 AM

67 MC

Reading some reviews, I don’t think I would get it now if I didn’t backed the kickstarter. Seems disappointing. Maybe a Hat in Time will be a better old-school platformer

And some reviewers preferring Snake pass over this Smile
Seems like they screwed up platforming too, not challenging and glitches
Man this KS delivery is some random shit, after Conman and now Rare last try to hit back
Hopefully IGA delivers , i am realistic and not hoping SoTN, it can never top that but it should atleast hit Ecclesia levels

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 April 2017 09:38 AM
wilco - 05 April 2017 06:40 AM

67 MC

And some reviewers preferring Snake pass over this Smile
Seems like they screwed up platforming too, not challenging and glitches
Man this KS delivery is some random shit, after Conman and now Rare last try to hit back
Hopefully IGA delivers , i am realistic and not hoping SoTN, it can never top that but it should atleast hit Ecclesia levels

But will Shenmue 3 deliver? Will be difficult given the big expectations but maybe with Sony helping

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Follow up question - does Shenmue 3 need to deliver?

Just finished Yakuza 0 a few weeks ago and it is the best Shenmue-like experience since Shenmue.

I feel like we’re at the point of this generation where the devs get real comfortable delivering cutting edge content. At least, the Japanese devs are.

With that comes the fear that crowdsourced games may finally disappear into irrelevance, at least, until there’s another period of stagnation with triple A devs.

In the end, the question will be asked… was it worth it? Was there anything from Kickstarter that could stand side-by-side with the best indies let alone triple A titles?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 06 April 2017 01:44 AM

Follow up question - does Shenmue 3 need to deliver?

Just finished Yakuza 0 a few weeks ago and it is the best Shenmue-like experience since Shenmue.

I feel like we’re at the point of this generation where the devs get real comfortable delivering cutting edge content. At least, the Japanese devs are.

Glad people digging Yak0, lots of new fans got into series, Sega finally did it
Recently hit Japanese games are still ps3 HD, what i realized they are delivering more on art and other bits instead AAA tech and rating/selling high, in other words top tier graphics are non issue now

Man Shenmue fans are full on charge and expecting something
There is one block just want more story others want previous quality of full time/daily chores and mini games

Graphically and music wise i have no issue yet, UE4 looks solid for this and some recent tracks are as good as before
If they can nail combat then i would happy , that will leave story which Yu has written since forever so no issue there too

So yeah it wont be as ground breaking like before but it will have same original heart and soul
I am expecting Dreamcast jank animations so even if some animations will be bad no issue

That said they have to show some meaty footage this year to form some solid opinion
Shenmue3 still wont be last chapter so it will not end the series

@wilco , listen to this recent tracks, right on the money

With that comes the fear that crowdsourced games may finally disappear into irrelevance, at least, until there’s another period of stagnation with triple A devs.

In the end, the question will be asked… was it worth it? Was there anything from Kickstarter that could stand side-by-side with the best indies let alone triple A titles?

Yeah its a last phase of popularity, Devs who delivered will keep asking and succeeding like PoE guys
Some will vanish like Conman Inafune and Ragnar, with Fargo already quitting it
That said it will still be a source to have a shot at what fans want like recent
Arika fighter not getting funds, and fans asking KS

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dex , free demo out

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top