• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat contradiction spot the liar game, and while I enjoyed it there are so many loose threads and plot holes, that you could drive a semi through them and the ending was just strange and came out of nowhere.the very last contradiction is the only time I had to use a walkthrough for the game and after finding out the answer I dont feel bad about it all. overall a nice little indie fmv game, that has lots of problems. I give it a 7/10

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nier Automata

A skirtless Android was confused utter less in forsaken world, devoid of Humanity - A crazy trip by Yoko Taro

Did one of the 26 endings, one of the 5 major ones

Pros

- Best OST since Silenthill2 , there is hardly any track that sucks and its original af
  There is hardly anything in any medium or band that does this type of music
  Its unique and and music alone is worth the price of admission
- Genre bending gameplay structure that shifts from Bullet hell to 2d to 3D, so what could be done after Bayo2 by Platinum, they doubled it down on bullet hell in 2D and 3D with super sonic speed combos
- When it hits high, its Nirvana of gaming…absolute drug, totally in its own league

Cons

- Padding, cheap side quests, too much same stuff
- Pacing is off
- If you fail to stock potions, you are stuck with no potions and series of difficult boss fights, so ration upto 60 potions
- Textures are PS2 HD, some really out dated textures, it hurts the presentation and kills immersion esp when Music is going above and beyond anything
- 60 fps is not stable

Verdict

There is more campaign left since 5 endings will cover all arcs
Until then

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Horizon Zero Dawn

81 hours - Platinum Trophy

Loved this game. First AAA title that i’ve 100% for a while. Just could not stop playing it.

Pros

* Fantastic central character that you really cared for. Playing her from a small age and then as an adult uncovering her backstory was very well done.
* Superbly realised world filled with wonders new and old. New tribal cities and culture mixed with the remnants of the old buildings and technology.
* Story is resolved in the first game with a great ending and digging out the story of how the world fell and how it came to be was superb.
* The actual gameplay and mechanics was smooth and helped rather than hindered the player. Allowing fast crafting while in combat made for a fluid experience. Quest that tell you how many steps away they are. Your focus that helps in combat and collecting.
* Graphically it is in another level. I wish I could play it in HDR 4K on a PRO as I think the lighting is great already and in HDR it would be unbelievable.
* The variety of robot animals to kill and how tactically different you need to be, scanning for weakpoints and then using the right bow or weapon type is great. Do you stealth from the shadows/distance, do you trip them up or tie them down before hitting them hard. It is all so much fun. The first time you take down a Thunderjaw is so stressful, but worth it…then you meet a rockbreaker, Behemoth, snapjaw or Stormbird. Cool
* Exploring the gameworld and gathering resouces to upgrade, hunting animals and machines for parts..Been done before but it was addictive to keep dong it.
* The Reppel animation was just a joy to keep doing. I still think she was going to miss once.
* The missions were all well written and mostly unique. The bandit camps and cauldrons repeat, but are few enough that they are always fun to do and the main quest and side quests are all unique enough that you want to do them. Assassins Creed and it’s repeating missions can learn alot.
* weapons are mostly three bow types, slings and rope type devices. They are all upgradable. They are all fun to use and allow for a variety of combat styles. I liked the fact that if you wanted more powerful gun like weapons you have to strip them off the bigger machines and use them against them for a limited time and couldn’t put them into inventory.

Cons

* Not really a con but the blooming flying machines can kiss my ass. They were a pain to kill. Blooming Stormbirds Pan
* It can be easy to cheese the game at some points with the lure and silent strike powers. Particulary in the human camps..oh look a giant pile of my comrades but something is whistling in the bushes i’ll go investigate..
* Due to the way I played it just scavenging, doing side mission, errands and leveling up I quickly became OP for most of the missions. Especially once I got the ultimate shield weave. The final missions became quite easy. I hit level 50 before doing the last 3 or 4 mission.

Overall this is probably the best game I have played this year and i’m not sure anything will top it. The story has a natural and satifying ending so I had hoped they wouldn’t milk it, but that is probably unrealistic seeing the reception and sales so my new hope is that they come up with an amazing reason to go back into that world for the inevitable sequel.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

finally beat witcher 3 at 94 hrs and at level 34. I really liked a lot about it. def one of the better open world games out there, but my version on the ps4 had bugs galore. Overall I still think I like 2 better, but the gap between the games closed the more i played it. I know this might seem strange to some but I do think the game is too long and spins its wheels too much. I think it takes too long to find ciri and I think the last part after the battle of kaer morhen goes on way too long. Like I said earlier in another post to me the best part about the witcher is the character moments, like getting drunk with the other witchers, having a snowball fight, or just going to a ball with triss. I think that was one of the problems I had with 3, I felt like the cast around geralt and ciri were not fleshed out enough to me. I found the triss stuff to be pretty boring besides the ball in 3 and she was my favorite character in 2. Also I wish they gave zoltan and roach more to do. As for the bad guys once again they cant hold a candle to lethos from 2. The wild hunt is an interesting idea love the lore about them being able to jump world to world, gave it a scifi feel and im glad geralt got to jump from place to place, would have loved to see some more alien species. They just didnt do enough with them to make me really care, I also feel like the crones subplot flamed out some. As far as the world goes folks are right you wont find a game more steep in lore and backstory than the witcher it really is astounding.

Overall a great game, im taking a break before I start the expansions, my friend know my problems with 3 and said he thinks I will love blood and stone a lot.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Agree that the game does go a bit for too long after the battle of Kaer Morhen, the resolution could have been faster.
I have not plaed much of Blood and Wine yet but you liked the character moments you’ll probably like Hearts of Stone a lot. It’s a great story with a terrific villain.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ryse: Son of Rome

Launch game on the Xbone. It was a standard launch game, looks nice but pretty mediocre..or so the reviews went.

It took about 8 hours to complete the single player game.

Pros

* Graphics are pretty.
* The execution quick times are ok. Stab ememies until they have a skull above the head and hit the execution button starts a game of simon, hit the right buttons when the colours glow and get more of whatever skill you have activated on the D-Pad (XP, Focus, Health or Damage). They are pretty gruesome kills.
* It was free on Games with Gold

Cons
* Combat is dull, but never lives up to the Batman like system it tries to have. Comes down to about 3 or 4 classes of enemies with the same attack pattern. Ones where you can just stab, ones where you have to block and attack, ones where you have to do a shield bash and ones with unblockable attacks that you roll around and backstab. Meh it’s ok if a tad dull.
* Don’t expect historical accuracy.
* Extremely linear with little exploration
* Story is the basic revenge plot, pretty forgettable

Overall. It was free and it passed the time without being offensive or spectacular.

2.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

wilco - 03 April 2017 03:34 PM

Agree that the game does go a bit for too long after the battle of Kaer Morhen, the resolution could have been faster.
I have not plaed much of Blood and Wine yet but you liked the character moments you’ll probably like Hearts of Stone a lot. It’s a great story with a terrific villain.

thanks wilco I cant wait thats what my friend said. he knows I love games with good stories and great characters, and adventure games. He said the story is a lot shorter and more tightly put together, and it has great character moments. You read my mind about the villain, most of my favorite game stories have interesting villains. thats why I liked lethos so much in 2 bc he was a 3 dimensional character. I believe the three main bad guys of the wild hunt probably had some depth but the game did little to flesh them out. The most interesting elf was the one you visited on their home world, wish they would have used him more. If it seems im nitpicking it is bc I am bc the game is so great that when it misses the mark some it hurts a lot more than when a so/so game misses the mark.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nier Automata Campaign 2&3

- Yoko Taro > Kojima
- Unconventional gaming and story structure takes a new direction and just subverts your expectation
- Something about gameplay and OST i cannot spoil
- For reasons if its Goty for some gamers, its not wrong, its as better as Horizon but in different ways
- Its safe to give Yoko taro some Mainline Final fantasy
- Lots of personality and emotions, most feelings felt for androids since original GiTS
- 2B and A2 > Aloy

This is most original game which basically tries hard to keep things changing with each campaign and boss fights, its deep philosophically and with Platinum gameplay

Absolutely recommended

There is already huge cult following, with plenty of cosplayers and watnot

Yoko Taro is now a critically hit Brand

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 04 April 2017 02:43 AM

There is already huge cult following

Thank god it’s not mainstream. Otherwise you would have to put the game down.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

35hrs in Persona5
Best story of this gen

Best waifus ever Heart

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

Dark Souls 3

Loved the game. It followed the same souls formula. Never played Bloodborne, so mid game I realized that shields are not as useful as they used to be in 1 and 2. The bosses are faster and relentless. The roll is much faster and what I used most of the time, even though I always kept a shield in my off hand out of habit and as a safety blanket.

The lore is nice as always especially the nameless king. There are still gaps in the lore as always and I am looking forward to the youtube community to fill those.

Over all:

8.5 out of 10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

50hrs in Persona5
Man never been so conflicted on Goty…hmmmm wait

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am 26 hours into the game Persona 5 also. So far this game seams to be 85 percent puzzles, and hard ones at that. Almost an adventure game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 09 April 2017 02:07 PM

I am 26 hours into the game Persona 5 also. So far this game seams to be 85 percent puzzles, and hard ones at that. Almost an adventure game.

Heart

Just got laid with 3 women, dont know if i will end up like witcher 3 and consequences
Trying to tackle other confidants too, waifu simulator alone is 10/10

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, better than Persona 4 Golden?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top