• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape - The Nonary Games

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A compilation of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue’s Last Reward is being released Friday on PC/PS4/Vita.
The third game of game - Zero Time Dilemma -  is already available on PC.

Kidnapped and taken to an unfamiliar location, nine people find themselves forced to participate in a diabolical Nonary Game by an enigmatic mastermind called Zero. Why were they there? Why were they chosen to put their lives on the line as part of a dangerous life and death game? Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes more and more dire, and the nine strangers must figure out how to escape before they wind up dead.

Two spine-tingling Nonary Games
Zero welcomes you to take part in both the Nonary Game and the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition as the award-winning escape-the-room visual novels Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and its sequel, Virtue’s Last Reward (VLR), are together for the first time.
A remastered and revamped Nine Hours
The well-received classic Nintendo DS game 999 has been updated with hi-res graphics and a variety of new features including both Japanese and English voice acting!
Seek a way out
Search for clues within numerous locked rooms and solve mind-bending puzzles in order to escape. VLR even has two difficulty settings for more of a challenge.
Fascinating theories and pseudo science ideas abound along the twisting, turning journey to uncover who Zero is, why everyone was kidnapped, and the shocking connection between the Nonary Games.

Don’t miss it, great stories.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Thanks for the heads up, i’ve wanted to give these a go at some point for a while. Thumbs Up

Is there any word on price yet do you know?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Intense Degree - 23 March 2017 04:32 AM

Is there any word on price yet do you know?

Probably $39.99 on Steam/Vita and more $10 on PS4 but it’s not confirmed yet.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Woah, 999 will have voice acting? That miiight be enough to get me to bite.
I have really conflicted feelings about this series. I hate the overall plots but love the way they are told. Their strategy is to throw a high amount of surprising revelations at you in hopes the player will go “thats amaaaaaziiiing”.. when in reality their plots are jumbled messes.
But the music.. the atmosphere, the puzzles, the intensity.. i cant help but be sentimental about the series.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

I missed these originally, but seems like fans love them both (especially 999). Glad to know I can get them in one place soon! Thanks for the heads up!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game is out on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477740/

It’s 44.99$ / 41.99€

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Sounds great! I loved 999, and I have been wanting to play VLR since it came out, but still haven’t got a 3DS yet Frown

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Even though I own every iteration of these games, I never got around playing them.

Got them through Steam yesterday and been enjoying 999.

Side note: If you are a purist be sure to play the game in ‘Visual Novel’ mode as much as possible instead of ‘adventure’ as the latter omits most of the non-dialogue text….
Which is also cool, because the voiced dialogue flows better without getting interrupted every second.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

but still haven’t got a 3DS yet Frown

The game VLR was also released on the PSVITA - which is an excellent version of it too.

I really want this game - 999 is a classic and with voice acting will only be better!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Okay, so I am halfway through my first playthrough of 999. I plan on doing multiple runs seeing each ending. I am following a guide only to reach the endings, the puzzles I solve myself. There is a proposed order of ending that is supposed to be the best way to play through it and get the most out of this so…
Great game so far, but a plotpoint that kind of bothered me. I hope someone can clarify it without spoiling it.

So supposedly Snake got murdered(I don’t buy it. Body unidentifiable with only clothes to go on….yeah right) after finishing the second trial. So somewhat further into the game the cast theorizes on what happened and Seven proposes the following: Two people along with Snake opened door no. 3(Snake is 2 so couldn’t have opened it himself alone), pushed him inside door closed behind him, and since he is the only one to be inside the room he can’t deactive the DED. But what about the supposed killers though? Even though they didn’t enter, shouldn’t their detonators started counting down, only possibly deactived by the DED? I know things didn’t go this way so don’t answer by saying: Continue and you will find out. Right now I am trying to remember the established rules by the game. So players can activate a RED together, but if they don’t pass the door nothing will happen to them?

Thanks in advance.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 02 April 2017 07:20 AM

Okay, so I am halfway through my first playthrough of 999. I plan on doing multiple runs seeing each ending. I am following a guide only to reach the endings, the puzzles I solve myself. There is a proposed order of ending that is supposed to be the best way to play through it and get the most out of this so…
Great game so far, but a plotpoint that kind of bothered me. I hope someone can clarify it without spoiling it.

So supposedly Snake got murdered(I don’t buy it. Body unidentifiable with only clothes to go on….yeah right) after finishing the second trial. So somewhat further into the game the cast theorizes on what happened and Seven proposes the following: Two people along with Snake opened door no. 3(Snake is 2 so couldn’t have opened it himself alone), pushed him inside door closed behind him, and since he is the only one to be inside the room he can’t deactive the DED. But what about the supposed killers though? Even though they didn’t enter, shouldn’t their detonators started counting down, only possibly deactived by the DED? I know things didn’t go this way so don’t answer by saying: Continue and you will find out. Right now I am trying to remember the established rules by the game. So players can activate a RED together, but if they don’t pass the door nothing will happen to them?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t remember very well but I think that’s it, bracelet only activates if you go through the door

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 02 April 2017 07:34 AM
Origami - 02 April 2017 07:20 AM

Thanks in advance.

I don’t remember very well but I think that’s it, bracelet only activates if you go through the door

Yup. Remember the first set of doors? The guy used June’s (?) bracelet to open the door, then he went through without her and got blown up, but she didn’t. The rules are weird, but they’re consistent.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 02 April 2017 07:45 AM

Yup. Remember the first set of doors? The guy used June’s (?) bracelet to open the door, then he went through without her and got blown up, but she didn’t. The rules are weird, but they’re consistent.

Yeah, you’re right. My mistake.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Finished my first playthrough.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 02 April 2017 02:46 PM

You are just getting started. Which ending was it?

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 02 April 2017 04:08 PM
Origami - 02 April 2017 02:46 PM

You are just getting started. Which ending was it?

According to the guide, best one to get first is the Coffin Ending.

It’s pretty short for a visual novel though, which I am completely fine with. Took me 2.5 days to finish one playthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top