• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

CAYNE : Freetoplay Standalone Horror trip from Devs of Stasis

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Chris Bischoff - The Brotherhood - 21 January 2017 11:16 AM

So far play times are around 4 - 6 hours.

Took me about 2.5 hours.

I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for the free fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i will take advantage of the dev being here and ask what makes that puzzle of smearing/applying the protein can content over the terminal screen to reveal the password convenient enough while developing it, for me it’s one of those terrible ‘hit or miss’ puzzles that comes by pure coincidence after going back and forth between the locations until trying something that hits me by surprise Smile

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Puzzle design is so hard! Some you get right, others you think are crazy difficult and people get them quickly!
Usually we would have some sort of progression of puzzle difficulty in a game to get you used to how the universe ‘works’ - and it is something we didn’t do in Cayne. We just sorta threw people in the deep end with those first few puzzles!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks to you Chris for your answer .

but if i had this chance to talk with the developer of the best adventure for 2015, i would like you to bare with me just a little to tell if this puzzle could ve had the inventory shown while viewing the screen itself, it would have been so much convenient ...

i know small things could get past anyone when he have spent long months doing such a great thing, i know this from being a music arranger sound eng; when the time come to make the mastering before letting go off track/album things are NEVER satisfying, there always things where i think i could done differently or i should ve done this better.. its a nightmare

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I take back my 2nd paragraph at my previous post after finishing Cayne (yes i am slow these days) as this inventory subject not being shown at close ups seems well thought by devs to add some sorta difficulty all thru the game (imo)

that guy with cut off legs was tooo noisy and irritating esp playing on loud speakers… i am glad he is dead, lol

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ok as someone who is not all that interested enough in the plot to put the effort into replaying it and deciphering it, could someone tell me if this is what the ending means?
That Hadley’s baby contains the consciousness or “soul” of Cayne and it’s meant to be put into his body in the stasis unit? If so, I’m not exactly sure what the purpose of going up the elevator is, or why the baby can even talk to her.

I didn’t even really understand the Stasis ending to be honest, and I’m not a fan of these “shock” endings in general, especially when they’re so unclear.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Protagonist has the best voice acting I’ve ever heard

Need to be able to skip the voice overs tho

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top