• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bill Tiller gauging fan interest in A Vampyre Story 2

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

Per the AVS Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/avampyrestory

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Diego likes this.

Hell, I wouldn’t mind it. We have plenty of new comedy games around right now but very few funny ones.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

That’s pretty awesome, but he needs to update A Vampyre Story first. I was having an itch to play it a couple of months back, and I tried everything under the sun to get it to work on windows 7 and windows 10 but no luck. It has a mediocre rating on Steam, because no one can run the damn thing. I can go back and install windows xp, but at this point, my computer has too many software and it is not feasible. Anyways, getting people to play the old one is a good marketing tool for the new one right?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d love for him to finish the story. I liked the first one well enough, so if a second game gets made starting where we left off, I’m all for it!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think starting a second game with a flashback that properly finishes game one is a excellent idea. Hope it happens. I think it would be great if the game started with the cart entering the prison, and then finalized game one. No Title or credit screens until the actual start of game two.

@SoccerDude28 There is a game patch, although it doesn’t address two major glitches. (It’s fairly common knowledge what those two glitches are, and they can be easily avoided.) (E.g. Don’t drop the perfume from the balcony.)I bought a hard copy of the game from Amazon for the playthrough, applied the patch, and had no problem running on my Win7 64-bit machine.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 14 March 2017 10:29 PM

Diego likes this.

I do, though I’m not sure why Bill Tiller is doubting the fan interest - if there’s one game fans of his work want - that’s the sequel to AVS. For two reasons - with all respect to Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island and Duke Grabowski, it’s safe to say AVS is his best “solo” game, and the first part ended on a cliffhanger.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d like to see the next part of A Vampyre Story made also!  Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I want a sequel as well!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I want them to finish Part One.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved the first one, a second one would be wonderful!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

Nice thing about this game is that the unintended passage of ten years between installments shouldn’t be ultra-noticeable.  They’ve given their engine a few bells and whistles since, of course, but when the graphics of the game are largely painted backgrounds, it’s got a timeless look, and they can pick up right where they left off.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2009-05-20

PM

I’d love a new game!
Of all Bill Tiller’s games after Curse of Monkey Island A Vampyre Story was the best by far I think. I really enjoyed the funny and at the same time a little sombre atmosphere.
And loved that the game had so much funny optional dialogue for looking at and interacting with stuff. Made it so fun to explore.

Hopefully he decides to keep the original voice of Mona in a potential sequel and not recast like that kickstarter prequel was going to, I really enjoyed her original voice, found it very charming.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 15 March 2017 02:55 PM

@SoccerDude28 There is a game patch, although it doesn’t address two major glitches. (It’s fairly common knowledge what those two glitches are, and they can be easily avoided.) (E.g. Don’t drop the perfume from the balcony.)I bought a hard copy of the game from Amazon for the playthrough, applied the patch, and had no problem running on my Win7 64-bit machine.

Oh great, Where can I download the patch from? I found this:
http://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=21959

But I don’t know if it’s the patch you are referring to, and if that website is trustworthy.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 March 2017 12:42 PM

That’s pretty awesome, but he needs to update A Vampyre Story first. I was having an itch to play it a couple of months back, and I tried everything under the sun to get it to work on windows 7 and windows 10 but no luck. It has a mediocre rating on Steam, because no one can run the damn thing. I can go back and install windows xp, but at this point, my computer has too many software and it is not feasible. Anyways, getting people to play the old one is a good marketing tool for the new one right?

There’s a possible way in Steam forums. Does it work?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/313870/discussions/0/224446432328508268/

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 18 March 2017 01:10 PM
SoccerDude28 - 15 March 2017 12:42 PM

There’s a possible way in Steam forums. Does it work?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/313870/discussions/0/224446432328508268/

I have the boxed version so not sure if this works for Steam owners of the game.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There may be two patches, V 1.1 and V 2. I only applied one patch so it was probably the V 1.1. I would Google “A Vampyre Story game patch”. There are multiple sources. Chose whichever one you trust. I don’t remember which one I used.

I would also check the first few pages of the AVS playthrough thread. It’s possible that a patch source was mentioned there.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top