• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Looks good to me. Smile

Still don’t care for that very non-specific “Coming Fall” nonsense at the end there! Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Oh dear, it’s got those ugly oversaturated thickly outlined cartoon graphics I hate Frown

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll agree with Oscar on too much cel shading (similar style like we’ve seen in Hoodwink), but you gotta hand it to the authors on using full animation at places instead of a popular comic style.

+ interesting detective story premise
+ Nice music

- I don’t know why, but this

screams casual, even though I totally forgot it’s going to be an episodic game, so the first episode is likely to be easier than the rest of it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

I can see how you might think ‘casual game’ from that, but it’s actually from the FBI database used a few times in the game, not an Hidden Object scene or somesuch.

And while I’m admittedly biased, of course, I don’t think we’ve made the first episode too easy but nicely challenging. Hopefully players agree when it comes out, we’ll see!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I think this game looks great based on the new trailer! I really can’t wait to play it. Looks intriguing!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

I’m incredibly excited for this. Looks amazing, love the style. Please please speed up time, someone.

Also the inventory/menu is reminiscent of Sinking Island to me. Let’s not worry about it being casual.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Steam users - vote for Cognition on Steam’s new Greenlight service.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746&searchtext;=

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Thanks everyone’s who been up-voting and favoriting us so far!

I also wanted to share that there is now a video of the demo available! YouTube Let’s Player Toegoff, also one of our beta testers, has a video of his playthrough of the demo up for all to see. So check it out and see what the gameplay looks like for yourself!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Looks good and the voice acting/soundtrack is really good.  Thanks for posting the video.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 15 August 2012 05:59 AM

Oh dear, it’s got those ugly oversaturated thickly outlined cartoon graphics I hate Frown

Looks like a Floodlight Games cell from one of JJ’s Murder Mystery Club games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

I posted but realized I should run it by a mod first—this wasn’t meant as a ‘bump’ post with no content! I’m not sure how to delete it altogether.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Any idea of when it might be released? I read somewhere that it looks promising in getting the game up on Steam.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

News on that is coming soon…for now, Fall 2012 Smile

I haven’t heard back from the mod, but, here goes!

Our publisher is running a promotion right now—if we’re among the games greenlit on Oct. 15th, then they will be giving away 500 season passes! To be considered, you just need to vote up Cognition on Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746) and Like Reverb Publishing on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/reverbpublishing).

And spread the word so more people will vote and we can get into the batch of greenlit games!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just played through the newly released demo, this game is going to be truly awesome.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Thanks Henke! So glad you liked it!

To catch everyone else up, we’ve announced our pre-order today! Season Pass is available for $24.99 (limited time price!). And there’s the release of the demo, a preview of the prequel e-comic, a new trailer…oh just head on over to http://www.cognitiongame.com and get all the awesome details. Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top