• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Back Seat Designers - a podcast about game design (mostly adventure games)

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-02-02

PM

Hullo. You probably hate it when people barge in on your well-tended community and peddle their garbage, so I figured I’d do just that. Spam

My friends and I have a podcast about game design. For three seasons, it’s been mostly about adventure games. This season, we’re branching out a bit, and also bringing in special guests to interview. Some of them you might know.

Season 4, episode 1: “Big Motherf***ers With Flamethrowers”
Guest: Steve Gaynor (Gone Home)
Topic: Subverting player expectations
http://www.backseatdesigners.com/2017/01/15/s4e1-big-motherfuckers-with-flamethrowers/

Season 4, episode 2: “Which I Now Realize May Have Sounded Like A Holocaust Joke”
Guest: Alasdair Beckett-King (Nelly Cootalot)
Topic: Comedy in games
http://www.backseatdesigners.com/2017/01/22/s4e2-which-i-now-realise-may-have-sounded-like-a-holocaust-joke/

Season 4, episode 3: “Am I In A Liberal Circle Jerk Right Now?”
Guest: Laney Berry (St. Christopher’s School Lock Down)
Topic: Political narratives in games
http://www.backseatdesigners.com/2017/01/29/s4e3-am-i-in-a-liberal-circle-jerk-right-now/

More to come—new episode release every Sunday at midnight (CET).

If you’re inclined to listen to three people sit around and talk about things like “what makes a good puzzle”,” “is ‘walking simulator’ a derogatory term,” and “would massive flamethrowers have made Gone Home a better game?”, then this is the podcast for you.

Content warning: We gleefully use foul language and off-color humor on the show, so if you’re not into that, you probably won’t enjoy this.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

i think this is really helpful! cheers!

Joined 2017-02-02

PM

yeehaw - 07 February 2017 04:20 AM

i think this is really helpful! cheers!

Helpful is what we strive for. Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Got hint of Denis Dyack interview, link???

Also next time you do an interview please let me know thanks , have one or two questions

Cyber Empires was rad Smile, nice stream

Joined 2017-02-02

PM

nomadsoul - 07 February 2017 08:43 AM

Got hint of Denis Dyack interview, link???

Also next time you do an interview please let me know thanks , have one or two questions

Cyber Empires was rad Smile, nice stream

Cheers, mate!

The Denis Dyack interview isn’t for Back Seat Designers. It’s a guest episode for Upper Memory Block, and it should be out in a couple of days. (I don’t know when, exactly—that’s up to Joe, the host of that show.)

As for BSD, we save the surprise of who our special guest is for the actual show release itself. Meaning we’re not telling who the next guest is until the interview is already done. But you are free to write us your questions and we’ll gladly forward them to the previous guest in question—we can’t guarantee a response, but if we get one we’ll include it in a future show.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top