• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QFG4 GOG version

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

Has anyone bought it from GOG site and played it all the way through the end without encountering a single game crash at all?

I don’t know about anyone else but the CD version seems more buggy than the floppy version.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

If memory serves I got it from GOG and I remember at least one (fairly consistent) crash/getting stuck, but it wasn’t while doing something that you needed to do to complete the game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

QFG4 was one of the buggiest games Sierra released. They did fix a lot of them but never did manage to do fully patched up version. So crashes are pretty much expected while playing it no matter where you bought it or which version you are playing.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv played the gog version with no crashes. Nothing like playing it 20 years ago with several show stopping moments.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 05 February 2017 02:21 AM

QFG4 was one of the buggiest games Sierra released. They did fix a lot of them but never did manage to do fully patched up version. So crashes are pretty much expected while playing it no matter where you bought it or which version you are playing.

zane - 06 February 2017 05:20 PM

Iv played the gog version with no crashes. Nothing like playing it 20 years ago with several show stopping moments.

i never finished it back then altho i had made 2 (times) replays as my save-game happen to be right into the crashing point (haha, those moments when your saves are just mil sec into/before the crashing points are hilarious now to remember or to think of) and for the game ‘rpg’ing nature was the only way is to restart it due to (if i remember correctly) a case of losing most of my gained character classes imported from the earlier parts, even the nearest save game also was useless,  so it wasn’t until soon that i have been able to finish it completely with the gog release.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

There’s a couple game ceashing bugs on GOG version as well, depending on what character you play with. Also you can get some if you let the game day counter go over 30 days if I recall right.

The game crashings aren’t corruptive though and seem to clear out on exiting the game and restarting it. So they most likely have sonething to do with memory buffers or something in that vein.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I remember playing the game using the Sierra installer and encountering only one bug in the swamp. GOG probably used the same solution.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 07 February 2017 08:05 AM

I remember playing the game using the Sierra installer and encountering only one bug in the swamp. GOG probably used the same solution.

i remember this, but my most annoying was when climbing up the cliff somewhere near the edge of Mardavia

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

I assume that QFG4 from GOG is only the floppy version, isn’t it?

I so want to play the CD version for the sake of John Rhys-Davies’ narration.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Gog version is the CD-Version

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

Nice.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top