• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2017/2018 Sierra roulette playthrough

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The worst thing about Iceman is, that it’s not only a poor adventure game, it’s also a poor submarine simulator.

Dr. Brain is not an edutainment title in the same way like Sierra’s Pepper’s Adventures in Time, it’s more like a straight up puzzle game and a pretty decent one at that as well.

I’ve actually played Pepper’s Adventures once, and as far I recall it was a fun little game. A pretty good mix of easy puzzles (it’s meant for smaller kids after all) and history lessons.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Dr. Brain games are actually quite good, like a very early layton game. There are some “bleh” puzzles (a jigsaw and finding hidden animals come to mind) but overall I really like them - I actually replayed them with my wife not too long ago.

Pepper’s adventures in Time is edutainment but it’s very well done. It’s humorous and it actually works quite well as a game, as in the puzzles are not bad at all. Because it’s Sierra it gets super annoying near the end with mazes and whatnot, but still worth the play time.

Mixed-up mother goose is an example of how to not do edutainment, it’s just boring. Not sure what the delux edition is, though.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

how far are you at MH wilco?

anyways, i thought to tell i will participate whenever any of those take place

Leisure Suit Larry
Police Quest
Laura Bow
Quest for Glory
Conquest
Willy Beamish
Gabriel Knight
Lighthouse
Rama
The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Pepper’s Adventures in Time

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 04 January 2017 04:55 PM

how far are you at MH wilco?

anyways, i thought to tell i will participate whenever any of those take place

Leisure Suit Larry
Police Quest
Laura Bow
Quest for Glory
Conquest
Willy Beamish
Gabriel Knight
Lighthouse
Rama
The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Pepper’s Adventures in Time

Still at the start of San Francisco but should be able to finish by the weekend if it’s as long as the first game.
Next in line is GK3

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 04 January 2017 06:39 PM

Still at the start of San Francisco but should be able to finish by the weekend if it’s as long as the first game.

I enjoyed the second Manhunter even more.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Perhaps this Quest should supplant the AGCPT. The last Spycraft post was in November, 2016. I think it has died of its own volition. People can come in and out as they wish depending on the games they wish to play with you. I’m up for GK3.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I actually never finished GK3. The farthest I got was somewhere during day 2 I think? It’s just so off-putting. Every couple of years I try to get into it again.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 January 2017 05:54 AM
tomimt - 02 January 2017 05:22 AM
wilco - 01 January 2017 05:26 PM

Wait, the waiter ia an actual waiter? Lol! always thought he was also from Sierra

I recall reading an interview with Al Lowe, who said that the waiter got the job pretty much because he was gay and the only man around the hubbies were comfortable enough hanging around the ladies during the shoot.

Lol! It keeps getting better (but you have to wonder if that’s not just Al Lowe messing around…)

Found this big article about the game release and controversy surround it.

Them unreleased pics, Roberta knows wats up
Too bad it was little too old to get it running today
Find someway Wilco!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 04 January 2017 06:56 PM

I enjoyed the second Manhunter even more.

I’m still pretty much at the beginning but it does seem stronger at beginning maybe because it assumes the player already knows how it works and doesn’t need to start slowly.

rtrooney - 04 January 2017 08:51 PM

Perhaps this Quest should supplant the AGCPT. The last Spycraft post was in November, 2016. I think it has died of its own volition. People can come in and out as they wish depending on the games they wish to play with you. I’m up for GK3.

It shouldn’t replace it since the molds are completely different (like the lack of time schedule) but the more to play it the merrier, maybe opening a different thread for GK3 might not be a bad idea since the game might gather more interest and comments and it could get confusing here.

Antrax - 05 January 2017 12:24 AM

I actually never finished GK3. The farthest I got was somewhere during day 2 I think? It’s just so off-putting. Every couple of years I try to get into it again.

I never tried it but I must say the gameplay and looks don’t look very appealing Neutral You can always join in

nomadsoul - 05 January 2017 03:28 AM

Them unreleased pics, Roberta knows wats up
Too bad it was little too old to get it running today
Find someway Wilco!

There’s an online version. Not sure how well it works

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The playthroughs stalled during The Space Bar as well. But that game picked up and finished, and the AGCPT was stronger than ever for a few years.

Maybe it’s a cyclical thing?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 05 January 2017 03:15 PM

The playthroughs stalled during The Space Bar as well. But that game picked up and finished, and the AGCPT was stronger than ever for a few years.

Maybe it’s a cyclical thing?

it was diego who did it, killed those AGCPT Tongue Tongue .. but we still like him whatever he does Grin

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

wilco - 05 January 2017 03:41 AM
Antrax - 05 January 2017 12:24 AM

I never tried it but I must say the gameplay and looks don’t look very appealing Neutral You can always join in

Thanks, but even at the best of times I can’t keep up with your pace and I recently switched jobs so don’t have a ton of time for adventuring. I’ll cheer for you from the sidelines, though - I think GK3 can be rewarding if you ignore all the issues. That’s why I keep trying.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Manhunter - San Francisco.
I think it’s better than the first game but at the same with more annoying aspects.
It has a more ambitious story with tons of stuff going on - Chinatown, Ratmen, Mutants, Secret Clubs, Initiation Scenes, Robots, etc. The tracking puzzles are more complex with more people to follow, there are more puzzles with more items to pick up.
At the same time the rage inducing arcade scenes are still there and it has more problems with dead ends and obscure puzzles with small clues that might be missed. At least there is the possibility to add select easy difficulty for the arcade sequences and that helps a little.

Interesting that both games are without any kind of dialogue and it’s pretty much visual story telling, either by the tracking scenes or the little animated sequences (that a lot of times use some weird nonsense humour). The dark tone of the game is a bit lost in the sequel, maybe because of all the comedic sequences or the plot but still has plenty of gorish scenes.

It ends with another cliffhanger for Manhunter 3 - London that never happened, not sure why since Sierra was all about big series at the time, no? Maybe it just didn’t sell. It’s too bad, I would like to see how Phil ended up and London would be an interesting place to go.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i found this at an old folder of my old PC… this clip/shot taken from PC-Magazine 1989 (i guess)

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I think Shivers is Sierra’s best game. So I hope you get to play that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top