• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Got a new update up! In it I discuss the importance of color, how we’re still accumulating more and more cats (see gif on previous page Crazy ), and there’s a short video teaser from the intro which I guess I’ll just link below. Enjoy!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I got the email Smile. It’s always a fun read. You’re always so enthousiastic and act if you have no problems at all getting the game out in time! Wink Smile Wink

Keep up the good work Mr. Underhill!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey everyone, how’s things? We’re still working on Gibbous, harder than ever, in case you were wondering Wink New update’s up, but if you want to skip to the important part, here it is - our technical art teaser:

Trying to make this li’l ol’ game of ours as pretty as can be.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey guys! This is Gibbous-related, but also related to adventure games in general, and crowdfunding, too - I did a talk earlier this year at a game development conference about how we came to make an adventure game, why we chose to make an adventure game, and other things of that nature, so if you’re interested you can watch it below, hope you enjoy it.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Cool, thanks you!

Have a great Christmas and a very successful 2017!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the updates flow gone a bit lazy? the last update was 12/13/2016, time for a new Update Mr.(still) Stuck at the Attic ? Tongue

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That just means they are hard at work putting the final touches to the game Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Heh, yeah, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?

Truth is, we’ve been working so hard that it kept falling by the wayside. Not to worry,update is on its way. Has it already been two months? Omg!

But, in the meantime, we figured it’d be cool if you could stay up to date with what we’re doing on a weekly basis, sooo now we have a blog too!

http://gibbousgame.com/blog/

We will update at least weekly.

What’s been up lately is that I’ve had some extra puzzles ideas that are so incredibly radical that I just HAD to go against my better judgement and add even more to the work pile, but hey, that’s how good games are made, right?

We’re going a little character crazy here. Used to be around 35 voiced characters, now it’s upwards of 50 and trending toward even more. Gibbous will feel anything but unpopulated!

And might I also admit I’ve been adding a couple of extra backgrounds, too? I might. I also might be masochistic. But it’s all for the good of the game!

Anyway, I’m now in the middle of helping Nicu build one particularly complex room and then I’m off to finishing the KS update.

Oh, and in the meantime, I’m still streaming art over on https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar , and if everything goes right and the DAMN’ WEBCAM DOESN’T ACT UP AGAIN we’ll be doing our bi-weekly Twitching Hour tonight at 5 PM CET, where we talk for an hour about what we’ve been up to.

And if ye haven’t seen it yet, here’s a 3 hour character sketch streamed compressed to 5 minutes that’s been pretty popular on Facebook Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Awesome AWESOME!!.. you need to drink more coffee and stretch more man Tongue Laughing

looking forward to it so

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That’s cool Mr. Underhill, but don’t overdo it or the game will never be finished. I’m very curious what it’s going to be. Keep up the good work!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

@Advie: Thanks, heheh, caffeine is never absent from our bloodstream Laughing

@Tsa: Yeah, I’m acutely aware of the perils of scope creep. At the same time, when I know that I have something that will significantly improve the game, I can’t in good conscience leave it out Laughing

The upside is that we’re prepared to spend all the extra time that is needed to make sure the game isn’t heavily delayed. Good news is that I’ll be able to work from home on the week-ends too, soon, and not have to drive to the office every Saturday, so big productivity spike soon. It will all be detailed in the KS update Laughing

Thanks for the encouragement, guys, I know you’ll enjoy the game when it’s finally done!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

And, as promised, heeere’s the update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/777841902/gibbous-a-cthulhu-adventure/posts/1807016

Featuring lots of pics and videos and a lot of adventure-related rambling by yours truly. Enjoy!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Cool, thanks! Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow! that’s is just great, i feel sorry now if i rushed you guys especially that you could have added a new piece into the game than informing us Frown

anyways, i am happy with the update
also, those several nice links to the Moon logic video (uh stop accusing R.Williams of everything and appreciate this genre people) and that quiz too.

wish you guys the best to deliver this passion and love thru this adventure and uhh did i
say that Cami has a great voice.. (now stop babbling ‘i say to myself’)

Good Luck and thanks Laughing

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Aaah, no reason to feel bad about it Advie! Update was almost done, I was just getting sidetracked by numerous other things and yours was a nice reminder to finish and publish it.  Wink

And yeah, I’m trying my hardest to convince Cami to somehow have her singing or playing the guitar in the game, or both - we’ll see!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top