• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

do traditional adventures (2D) become a rarity

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i looked my folder (finished) 17 AGs with KQ or Chapters as one unit each, included 2 replays Ankh 2 &n 3, but new traditional 2D only 4: Shardlight, Kathy Rain & N.Cootalot and DotT remaster

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

How many traditional adventures were released ten years ago 2006?

2016 was very lucrative for traditional point&clicks;:
ABC Murders, Dog Mendonca & Pizza Boy, Deponia Doomsday, Heaven`s Hope, Her Majesty`s Spiffing, Kathy Rain, The Little Acre, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Nelly Cootalot, Samorost 3, Shardlight, Yesterday: Origins etc.. Of course all of them aren`t 2D games, but they are traditional and pretty close to point&click; roots.

Also, too early to say what Daedalic will do in the future. Daedalic is active, Wadjet Eye is active, Amanita is active, The Brotherhod is active, Microids is active, Revolution seems to be active (BASS 2 please) and lots of active little indies here and there.

I wouldn`t worry too much.. yet.. Wink

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I have to admit that I`m little worried what traditional germanic adventure developer scene has become. I don`t blame Daedalic, because Silence, Devil`s Men, State of Mind and The Pillars of the Earth are all really interesting projects and Daedalic is still really active adventure developer.

But what about:
- Animation Arts… Last games were disappointments and where is Monolith?? Is that project still alive? They used to make games like Secret Files and Lost Horizon..
- Cranberry Productions: Closed in 2012
- House of Tale: Closed in 2010
- KING Art: There is still lots of potential but it seems to me that they are 70-80% rpg developers and 20-30% adventure developers nowadays..

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar 2 fell out of my calculations..Doomsday and heavenhope.. That makes 19 ovevall
As for somorost i also can add but not to the traditionals

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ahenobarbus - 22 November 2016 04:44 AM

2016 was very lucrative for traditional point&click; releases:
ABC Murders, Dog Mendonca & Pizza Boy, Deponia Doomsday, Heaven`s Hope, Her Majesty`s Spiffing, Kathy Rain, The Little Acre, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Nelly Cootalot, Samorost 3, Shardlight, Yesterday: Origins etc.. Of course all of them aren`t 2D games, but they are traditional and pretty close to point&click; roots.

The Last Door Season 2 - Goetia - Karma Incarnation - and first person: Barrow Hill: The Dark Path

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

+ Tales, Oxenfree, Candle, Kelvin and the Infamous Machine, The Revenge of Johnny Bonasera, Little Briar Rose, Dark Train, Ghostdream, The Beard in the Mirror, Desiré, Tales of Cosmos, Rusty Lake Roots, Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories, Detective Hayseed: Hollywood, The Silver Case, Burly Men at Sea, Paul Pixel: The Awakening, The Last Time, The Tale of Doris and the Dragon, Isoland.

And that’s just going back to September. I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahenobarbus - 22 November 2016 05:03 AM

- KING Art: There is still lots of potential but it seems to me that they are 70-80% rpg developers and 20-30% adventure developers nowadays..

Disappointed that they are working on a RTS after finishing up Dwarves, unless they can work in 2 projects BoUT3 can take a long time… They should not have finished on a cliffhanger!  Angry

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 22 November 2016 05:44 AM

+ Tales, Oxenfree, Candle, Kelvin and the Infamous Machine, The Revenge of Johnny Bonasera, Little Briar Rose, Dark Train, Ghostdream, The Beard in the Mirror, Desiré, Tales of Cosmos, Rusty Lake Roots, Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories, Detective Hayseed: Hollywood, The Silver Case, Burly Men at Sea, Paul Pixel: The Awakening, The Last Time, The Tale of Doris and the Dragon, Isoland.

And that’s just going back to September. I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet.

did you play them or you were just listing?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve played some of them.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 22 November 2016 05:13 PM

I’ve played some of them.

good .. i guess some is like 2 or 3 max

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

5. But what does it matter? You can tell from the screenshots they are 2D.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Actually there’s never been so many adventure games released in the same year… which makes the genre more difficult to sell than ever.

Oscar, you left out my own adventure game “Demetrios” also released this year, and totally 2D Smile (though first person)

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

COWCAT - 23 November 2016 05:12 PM

n adventure game “Demetrios” also released this year, and totally 2D Smile (though first person)

still fits the thread plot as long as it’s presented in (2d) and played by the traditional way(s) Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

COWCAT - 23 November 2016 05:12 PM

Actually there’s never been so many adventure games released in the same year… which makes the genre more difficult to sell than ever.

Oscar, you left out my own adventure game “Demetrios” also released this year, and totally 2D Smile (though first person)

I’m sure I left out lots, I just browsed the last 2 months of new releases and found there were loads of 2D adventures - too many to list! I am meaning to play Demetrios in the future, when I get around to it.

So Advie, have you changed your mind about these games being a rarity? From what I see they are more common than ever.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top