• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #19 - Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world-famous Jazz Pepper Club, for the casual game community playthrough of Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death.

Imagine, if you will, you’re having a dream… It’s 1946, and you are a young woman visiting your Dad at his successful jazz club in New Orleans. But when you get there, you find the entire audience catatonic. Your dad is also hypnotized, and it looks like his life is in imminent danger from a former member of his combo—who happens to be dead.

Start by exploring the Jazz Pepper Club (with a side trip to the Instrument Workshop), where you find an unusual token. As you leave, you have a bizarre encounter that almost overcomes you. Stop after you get rescued and arrive at Liberty Street for the second time.

I expect to have four sections that will take about an hour each, more or less. Let’s meet on the corner of Liberty & Toulouse Wednesday night.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Loaded and ready to start.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I reinstalled the game on my new iMac, and it’s running fine so far.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I had a cancelled appointment, so I was able to finish the first assignment. It did take about an hour. so I guess I’m on schedule. I’m glad I re-read the instructions. Because when I arrived at Liberty Street the first time, I said to myself, “This is way too short.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovoeMan, or whomever is moderating tonight, can you pin this thread please.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I made it to the stopping point. This is the second time for me and, not surprisingly, it is easier this time around. The atmosphere is still great though. The only criticism I might have is that I think the jump scares are unnecessary and in a way detract from the creepy feeling.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I"m still inside the club exploring. This is the first time I’m playing this game (I played a few minutes of the demo a while back, but didn’t get any further in back then). I’m enjoying the music and the mystery so far.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

This section has my favorite HOP of all time:

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just started to explore at Liberty Street.  It’s nice that the taxi driver waits around for me.  This is my second time playing, but I’ve forgotten enough to make it new again.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

You mean you don’t have to solve a puzzle to call the taxi back? Unusual. Crazy

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

When we get our marching orders for the next section?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

It looks like everyone has arrived at Liberty Street, so go ahead and knock on the door of the House of the Moon, then continue tracking Frankie to a rundown apartment. After another narrow escape, visit Dixie Queen Radio (not NPR). Stop when you get back to Liberty Street again, before you go into the Mardi Gras stage area. We seem to be moving right along so we should all get to our next waypoint by Friday evening.

Becky - 16 November 2016 10:08 AM

You mean you don’t have to solve a puzzle to call the taxi back? Unusual. Crazy

You get to call the taxi in this section. Later in the game you can travel to a different area of the city even if the taxi is not around. You can go backwards (“down”) until you find yourself in the taxi, then show the driver your destination on the map. Or simply get out the map and click, which skips the taxi scene. I like that there is “real” traveling, not just magical teleportation. However, in our dream world, our subconscious has drawn a really screwy map of NOLA.

While we’re on the subject of taxis, I’m wondering if the name of the taxi company is some kind of in joke?? Or is it Serbian? (Mad Head Games is in Serbia.) Anybody know?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I’ve reached the end of this section, but I’m not sure. I may actually have gone too far. You said not to go to the stage, but once you hand your ticket to the gatekeeper you have no choice. The cut scene takes you from the gate to the stage, where you see Freddie, to your dive into the river. And from that point, you might as well climb out. That’s where I stopped.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Tim, you’re fine. That was the “narrow escape” I referred to. Go ahead with where you climbed out and visit the riverboat, where the radio station is. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. I’m still trying to get the hang of giving directions with enough information, but without spoilers. After you do everything you can at the radio station, you will have to phone the cab company and go back to Liberty Street. To make it more clear, I will say go ahead until you see these people, then stop when you find the detective in the crowd.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah.  I stopped after climbing out of the water.  I’ll do a bit more later tonight.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 November 2016 08:30 PM

Ah.  I stopped after climbing out of the water.  I’ll do a bit more later tonight.

Me. a little more tomorrow after I post the ASotD. I also have a guitar lesson tomorrow.

For anyone who is interested in my weekly posts regarding my lessons, you can find me on Facebook. Just search Tim Rooney. Of course you will get a lot of other stuff too. Goes with the territory.

But it’s certain I will catch up by Friday night, and will be waiting for the next destination.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top