• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stuck in Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Rose Tattoo

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m utterly stuck in Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Rose Tattoo. I’m almost at the end. I have discovered the evil genius with his aquarium with the piranhas in it and did all there is to do in that location. However, now I can’t get any further. The Major had mentioned a joint with an aquatic name where Vincent often hangs out. According to the walkthrough I now have to go to Stitch to get myself a naval costume, but whatever I do I can’t get Sherlock to ask Stitch to help him. It looks like there is a bug in the game, or I have forgotten/missed something waaaay back in the game which makes it think I’m not ready to go to the Weary Punt yet. Can somebody help me?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

If you’re using a walkthrough, I’m going to assume that you really have done all you should have in the office with Moriarty. Since I’ve played the game more than once (most recently earlier this year) and haven’t ever had a problem at the end with Stitch, I have to ask whether you’ve ever visited the Weary Punt at all prior to this point. I can’t say for sure (having never run into this problem, as I said) but maybe you have to have Holmes visit the Weary Punt in his own person, and strike out, before he knows he needs help from Stitch. If you have been to the Weary Punt already, then I’m clueless.

Bullpucky

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

No I haven’t. That was a bit strange to me too bt I thought it would be OK since Sherlock was so sure of himself when in Moriarty’s office. I’ll go back in time then to see where I went ‘wrong.’ Thanks for the help!

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

I don’t think you have to go back to an older saved game. First try just going to the Weary Punt from the shipping office and then go to Stitch.

Bullpucky

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

But I don’t have the Weary Punt on the map.

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Oh! That means you didn’t search Pratt’s bedroom thoroughly enough. Oops. Fortunately, Pratt’s rooms are still accessible after leaving the shipping office. But I’m betting you know that by now.

Bullpucky

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Aha! I thought as much. Thank you! I will search ‘til I drop Smile.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Finished it! Yay! Smile
Thanks for your help MeddlingMonk!

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

You’re welcome.

Bullpucky

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

I’ve been trying to get this game to install on Windows7 but so far no luck.. Was just wondering what machines you played on/how did you go about installing it properly? Thanks!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 September 2012 11:31 PM

http://www.dosbox.com/

I’ve been trying with DosBox, but for some reason can’t get past installation.. It says it’s successfully installed yet when I attempt to start the game it keeps saying I need to configure my comp [setsound] first, which I must’ve done half a dozen times already Pan

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m not sure what to tell you. I know for a fact that the game works great with DOSBox, which is pretty much the only way to get it to work on modern computers. If you’re uncomfortable with DOSBox, there are guides and frontends that might help.

(Make sure you’re running GO.BAT to launch the game, not HOLMES2.EXE.)

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

Omgosh yay I just got it to work! All I needed to do was change directory… sigh.. thanks for taking the time out to help though I appreciate it Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top