• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LGBT Topics in Adventure Games

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Hey y’all!  Tongue

As a young gay male, and a gamer, I’ve always been interested in games that feature characters of the LGBT themes, expecially adventure games. So far I played:

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller (has lesbian homoerotic themes that escalate into a kiss by the end)

Moebius: Empire Rising (homoeroticsm: the game)

Gabriel Knight II (A gay antagonist, a prominent character that is gay, and even Gabriel seems to be bi)

The Longest Journey (an important side character is a lesbian)

Donna: Avanger of Blood (the main character is bi)

Always Sometimes Monsters (a survival/visual novel/ adventure game where you can be straight, gay, bi or whatever you want; also deals with themes of homophobia)

Gone Home (of course)

Walking Dead Season 2 (has a gay couple in one of the episodes; sadly, the All Gays Must Die trope is also prevalent)

A Fragment of Her (a side character seems to be a lesbian)

Technobabylon (one of the main characters is a trans woman; gay side characters)

Read Only Memories (features characters from every bit of the LGBT spectrum, and probably more)

Phantasmagoria II (main character is bi; important gay side character)

Coming Out Simulator 2014 (the title says it all)

So, do you have any games to add to that list? And what do you think of LGBT representation in adventure games?  Crazy

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what LGBT stands for?
lazy giant bangs teachers ?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Probably the first to feature (male) homosexuality as part of the major storyline was The Orion Conspiracy. It wasn’t a good game by any standard but it could have been if only the developer(s) hadn’t tried so hard to be “adult”.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie,
It stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.

The only one I can think of is the owner of the bowling alley in Toonstruck.  He’s a tough-looking, no-nonsense guy who wears a pink tu-tu. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 26 September 2016 05:32 PM

My Ex-Boyfriend is a Space Tyrant

OK, now I’ve seen everything.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Larry games had some of those. There was a flirting gay clerk near the spa in part 6, and even a certain death screen after Larry unzips in front of him. Also Larry 7 had a pissed-off gay purser on the ship. Plus, of course, one of the Larry’s women, also from part 6, who scared the sh.. out of him by revealing a dick. There were probably more, I have scarce memories of the series.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also

Enola - looks like a very dark game

Life is Strange - the main characters

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fragments of Him: A central topic of the game is attitudes towards a character’s homosexuality.
Dreamfall Chapters: Several gay and bi characters.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 September 2016 05:21 PM

Advie,

thanks Lady Kestrel,
i was just trolling Laughing .. these subjects about gays and all give me the goose ‘pimps’, i already as much to avoid talking about.

diego - 26 September 2016 05:34 PM
wilco - 26 September 2016 05:32 PM

My Ex-Boyfriend is a Space Tyrant

OK, now I’ve seen everything.

eww, and now it cant be unseen.

Doom - 26 September 2016 05:42 PM

Larry games had some of those. There was a flirting gay clerk near the spa in part 6, and even a certain death screen after Larry unzips in front of him. Also Larry 7 had a pissed-off gay purser on the ship. Plus, of course, one of the Larry’s women, also from part 6, who scared the sh.. out of him by revealing a dick. There were probably more, I have scarce memories of the series.

that is much more like Larrypedia (in the land of lounge gaysim)  Thumbs Up

that part of LSL6

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 26 September 2016 06:19 PM

that part of LSL6

Wow, it’s even more graphic than I remembered. Naughty naughty Al.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The shop owner in The Lost Crown (Rhys? I forgot) is homosexual.
There’s a lesbian couple in The Last Express.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

In 1995, The Orion Conspiracy became the first computer game to use the word homosexual (although the 1994 Kirin Entertainment game Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties does use the word ‘gay’). The main character, Devlin McCormack, lives on a space station where he investigates the murder of his son and stops an alien invasion. His investigation leads him through the seedy, criminal underworld of the station, where he discovers that his son was homosexual by talking with his son’s boyfriend.

The 1996 computer game Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh featured a homosexual male character named Trevor, who was a close friend and co-worker of the player’s character, Curtis Craig.

In 1996 Vic Tokai developed the graphic adventure computer game Silverload, which features a gay barber.

In 1996, the adventure game Harvester had a flamboyant gay firefighter named Fireman Sparky.

In 1993, a FMV game Dracula Unleashed featured a character named Alfred Horner who co-owns a bookstore. This was the first time a gay character in a computer game was given a speaking role

In 1993, Sierra Online’s Police Quest: Open Season features a gay bar. In this game, the player is a police officer trying to track down the murderer of his police partner. His quest leads him to discover that his partner had a double life as a cross-dresser at a West Hollywood transgender bar

Sierra Online’s 1990 adventure game Rise of the Dragon features an establishment called the Pleasure Dome that caters to gay patrons, among other things. One of its patrons is a woman posing as a man posing as a woman

More lgbt
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_characters_in_video_games

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CroGamer - 26 September 2016 04:23 PM

Hey y’all!....what do you think of LGBT representation in adventure games?  Crazy

Nier and DragonAge were best, in AG they fail to represent properly, more Transgenders like Poison will benefit more than just homo agenda or political shoehorning.
AGs need to step up in representing them properly.

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Advie - 26 September 2016 06:19 PM
Lady Kestrel - 26 September 2016 05:21 PM

Advie,

thanks Lady Kestrel,
i was just trolling Laughing .. these subjects about gays and all give me the goose ‘pimps’, i already as much to avoid talking about.

We don’t talk negatively about people with different sexual preferences. Cut it out.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top