• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Longest Journey - Install and Playability Problem

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-09-23

PM

I just bought the 4 CD retail version of The Longest Journey (build 142)and have run into problems installing it and/or playing it, both problems related to CD2 (so far). I tried to do a complete install, CD1 copied fine, but when it asked for CD2 and I put the CD in the drive, it would not recognize it. To try and get around this, I did a minimum install, which only requires disk 1 and 4, and it installed fine. The game plays fine until it asks for CD2 to be put into the drive. Once again, it doesn’t recognize CD2. (I’ve copied the files off CD2 to my HD, so it doesn’t seem to be the CD itself)

I am running Windows XP. I’ve scoured the net for possible patches/fixes, but nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions?

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

I beleive there is a no-cd update you can try. Also if I remember correctly there was a game where disks 2 and 3 got mixed up during manufacturing. It might have been TLJ. Have you tried inserting CD 3 instead of 2?

JBHypno

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Slojoeguam, the first time I bought TLJ, more than 10 years ago, I had the same issue with CD 2. At the time, Funcon answered me that they had problems with some TLJ copies and sent another box to me. I hope you didn’t get the copy of those bad boxes, you will not get it to run.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top