• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 25 September 2016

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Crude graphics doesn’t take anything from the recognizable spirit of the show, as this is one of the best “TV licence” adventure you’ll see. I’ve never been a fan of Beavis and Butt-Head (give me The Simpsons/Family Guy game instead), but there are certain high-point works in American culture, like The Breakfast Club or Ghost World that manage to paint the bleak, surreal and satirical picture of the USA, and Beavis&Butt;-Head along with Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity rises up to that standard.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was never a big fan of Beavis & Butt-Head either, but I can enjoy it in small doses (just like most other works by Mike Judge). x
However, I played the demo for this and absolutely loved it, and I even liked Beavis & Butt-Head Do U., so I don’t get why I never got around to playing this one in full…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also not a big fan of Beavis and Butthead, was not the target demographic when it was on (age or country) and didn’t age well after. Never played the games.
However I’m a fan of Judge’s other works - Office Space and Idiocracy are all time classics. Extract was ok, Sillicon Valley is good

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Wow, I totally forgot Mike Judge did Office Space.  I love that movie.  Maybe I should check out Idiocracy.

One thing I never ever got the appeal of though was King of the Hill.  Beavis and Butthead wasn’t really my thing either, but it’s a lot better than that.

And to be on topic for a second, I did play this game back in the day.  It’s a pretty solid game.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Hilarious and so was its sequel, “Do U”.

I even got hooked on the tv series (when nobody was looking, of course). The idiocy was priceless.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*thread necromancy*

Just a fun tidbit:

A proto-version of Lumbergh from Office Space could already be found in Virtual Stupidity.

Check out this tennis player here, and compare with Lumbergh himself.

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2019 04:16 PM

*thread necromancy*

Just a fun tidbit:

A proto-version of Lumbergh from Office Space could already be found in Virtual Stupidity.

Check out this tennis player here, and compare with Lumbergh himself.

Grin

Thread necromancy again to say that’s amazing.  Grin It literally is the same.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top