• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #18 - Enigmatis 3

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala

You are a master detective on the hunt for the evil Preacher, one of the Reapers who serves the demon Asmodai.  With you is another master detective, Richard “Rick” Hamilton, who has been trying to capture the Preacher since the woman he loved was sacrificed on the demon’s altar at Maple Creek.  You both came close to defeating the Reaper at Ravenwood Park, but now you must travel nearly a world away to thwart the evil that could take over the world.  Of course, you might just die trying in the attempt.

You may start playing as soon as you get the game loaded.  Play until you reach this village:

Finish this first part by Monday, Sept. 26.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Have the game loaded. On my way back to Maple Creek, and then off to Tibet.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Have the CE version ready to go. Can’t wait to get to Tibet.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I just noticed that the screenshot for the first stopping point is almost identical to the one I used for the AGSOTD for this game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  I had forgotten that, Tim.  I just figured it was a good stopping point before getting into all the puzzles there.

By the way, yesterday I replayed Enigmatis: The Ghost of Maple Creek to refresh my memory of how it all started.  The bonus game in the CE tells the story from Rick’s point of view, which I had forgotten. 

I had some tech troubles today.  I’m playing on my new iMac and took several screenshots that I might use.  As usual, I uploaded them to Photobucket, but for some reason the image links wouldn’t copy using Safari.  I may be missing something but didn’t want to fool around with it too much today, so I just used my older machine to post them.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I also noticed that the thread hasn’t been pinned yet. You might want to PM TimovieMan in case he doesn’t see this message.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have let him know, but he’s not online here at the moment.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m here now. Thread is stickied, and I’m ready to play.

I have the CE for once. Mists of Ravenwood was too good to pass up the CE now.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve arrived at the destination. I’m not sure why, but I started a little later in the game rather than starting from the very beginning and the opening cut scene. There are a couple of interesting events that take place in this location that will have ramifications later.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Eek—is the CE worth it? I have not played the previous games.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The regular SE has a satisfactory ending. The CE gives you a lot of “Oh! Now I get why that happened!” kind of stuff. CE isn’t necessary, but worthwhile.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 24 September 2016 03:22 PM

I’m here now. Thread is stickied, and I’m ready to play.

I have the CE for once. Mists of Ravenwood was too good to pass up the CE now.

Thank you muchly, TimovieMan. 

Big Fish is having a half-off sale of all their games today, so it might be a good time to snag the CE.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Reached the stopping point.

Very intense opening, and I’m loving the graphics.

Not too keen on the HOGs, too many “indented” or “outlined” objects instead of actual objects, and I only discovered the “match pairs” alternative after struggling to find the last object of the last HOG of the section.

The secret objects are also difficult. I’ve found 5 feathers, and 3 tainted evil spots, but most of those were accidental. I don’t think I’ll get the “found them all” achievement. Tongue

Puzzle and story-wise, it’s still early, but it’s shaping up to be close to Ravenwood quality, which I can only applaud…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have installed the game and have also played for an hour or so (just gotten out of the plane), but not reached the stopping point yet. It is still too early for me to form an opinion of the game, but the two previous are among my favourites, so I also have high hopes for this one.

Also, I have the SE and not the CE version, because.. well, lets call it a matter of principles Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ve reached the village. It was nice to see Maple Grove again but sad that the people have left. It seems a shame that the place has to suffer for what people have done.

The action is exciting but so far I have not experienced the atmosphere of the other two and the puzzles have so far been easy. We will see.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think, in general, the puzzles are easier in this one, and there are fewer hidden object scenes.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top