• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 24 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Don’t you just hate Autumn, that awful season when the days get shorter, and colder and wetter? Every morning, don’t you just feel like throwing yourself under the train rather than ever have to see your stupid boss and colleagues again? I do. (Or at least I did back when I lived in a place that actually had seasons.)

So in keeping with the spirit of the season, let’s do a special series called Seven games that make you want to commit suicide!(*)

(*) Scientific integrity compels me to note that the highest suicide rates are actually observed around late June. But whatever.

For Day One of the series, we have Overclocked: A History of Violence. It’s raining continually, you’re stuck all day in a sordid old building, your patients are crazy, you’re probably crazy too, your wife has left you, someone might be trying to kill you and the moral of the story is that video games will fry your brains. Can anything get any more depressing? Check back tomorrow to find out!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 September 2012 11:00 AM

So in keeping with the spirit of the season, let’s do a special series called Seven games that make you want to commit suicide!(*)

Already love your special series!

For Day One of the series, we have Overclocked: A History of Violence. It’s raining continually, you’re stuck all day in a sordid old building, your patients are crazy, you’re probably crazy too, your wife has left you, someone might be trying to kill you and the moral of the story is that video games will fry your brains. Can anything get any more depressing? Check back tomorrow to find out!

When you put it like that…
But Overclocked pales in comparison to a few other games I have in mind. I hope they’re in your mind as well. Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I enjoyed Overclocked very much. It was different if not innovative. Took me a while before I figured out the use of the PDA but once I did the story unfolded nicely.
House of Tales had several adventures that I liked namely Mystery of the Druids and Moment of Silence before the top guys left.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Nice theme!

I really enjoyed Overclocked. OK, so it isn’t a conventional game in many ways and the puzzles were a little bit samey with the tape recorder, but it was a good idea and made a good game for my money.

Now I want to replay it, so much to do, so little time!

Also, I enjoyed Mystery of the Druids too, although most people seemed to hate it. The main character, was it Brent(?), was great!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Intense Degree - 24 September 2012 12:09 PM

Now I want to replay it, so much to do, so little time!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I saw Kurufinwe’s screenshot.

Does anyone know if Martin Ganteföhr is still working with PC adventures?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Intense Degree - 24 September 2012 12:09 PM

Also, I enjoyed Mystery of the Druids too, although most people seemed to hate it. The main character, was it Brent(?), was great!

Brent Halligan and I enjoyed it as well - in a perverse type of way   Mini Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It was over 30°C today, I ran naked over my roof terrace and… uhh… It was over 30°C today. No autumn yet. Smile

And I know no one will believe me when I say, but for some bizarre reason I’m always confusing Overlocked with The Experiment. Never played either of them.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

That’s it, Brent Halligan. Almost a Dirk Gently type character.

I know there was a lot of hoo-ha about the puzzle where you have to steal from a homeless person, but personally I thought it fitted the style of the game well and was very funny!

I was also able to remember that it was just a game!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I love autumn…my favorite season. The cold, crisp air. The changing colors of the leaves.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I love autumn almost as much as I love Overclocked. It’s a truly unique game and one of the best games ever made imo. Yes it’s kinda depressing but not all games have to be jolly. Sometimes it’s good to play a dark, depressing game. Especially if it’s as mature, deep and emotional as Overclocked.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 24 September 2012 01:00 PM

And I know no one will believe me when I say, but for some bizarre reason I’m always confusing Overlocked with The Experiment. Never played either of them.

Is Overlocked the same game as Safecracker? Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien - 24 September 2012 11:38 AM

But Overclocked pales in comparison to a few other games I have in mind. I hope they’re in your mind as well. Smile

There are a couple I have in mind which are probably on your list—and hopefully a few that aren’t (it wouldn’t be fun without a few surprises!).

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 September 2012 11:00 AM

I also love this week’s theme!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top