• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Homestuck adventure (Kickstarter)

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Uhhh…this has raised $1.5 million and I hadn’t even heard of it. Anybody pledge to this or know about it?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game?ref=category

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

$1.5 million…

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

second that ^^.....Pendulo didn’t get funded when they asked just 300-400k and this gets 1.5 mil?not even BS,the new Tex,JJ, and the two guys from andromeda could raise that much.seriously wtf!!!!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guys, this is one of the most popular webcomics in last 5 years

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yep, its a very popular web comic, and other popular web comics have shown to smash through their kickstarter goals quite easily.

Clearly the solution is… to start comics based on our favorite classic adventures!!! (/sarcasm) Tongue

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

When they get such crazy funding beyond expectations, I bet the creator pockets a big chunk of it for himself. No way is any independent AG going to cost that much to make and it’s double their target. I wish Broken Sword 5 could get this much in funding though, Charles Cecil would probably try and put every penny to use as he’s quite wealthy already I imagine.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

by wealthy i suppose you mean the money he got from KS…

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 19 September 2012 05:19 PM

second that ^^.....Pendulo didn’t get funded when they asked just 300-400k and this gets 1.5 mil?not even BS,the new Tex,JJ, and the two guys from andromeda could raise that much.seriously wtf!!!!

This! Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Wow, I’ve never heard of this either.  (Or the comic.)  Guess it’s time to see what all the fuss is about. 

1.5 mil.  Whoa.  It’s got a lot of high end pledges, but still, that’s a lot of money.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Never heard of it either but judging by the video, I didn’t miss much.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-06-05

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 20 September 2012 11:14 AM

Never heard of it either but judging by the video, I didn’t miss much.

After seeing the Kickstarter I read the start of the comic, and it looked promising for adventure game lovers. I’ve been told that it gets better, so I think it could be pretty cool.

Anyway, if you like adventure games check it out, you might like it.

Stuart - 19 September 2012 10:01 PM

When they get such crazy funding beyond expectations, I bet the creator pockets a big chunk of it for himself. No way is any independent AG going to cost that much to make and it’s double their target. I wish Broken Sword 5 could get this much in funding though, Charles Cecil would probably try and put every penny to use as he’s quite wealthy already I imagine.

It’s possible that the creator takes part of the money, but $1.5M really isn’t a huge amount of money for a game, so it’s possible that he’ll find what to do with it.

As for Broken Sword, it’s obvious that Charles Cecil has no idea what to do with money over $800K. By his own admission, that goal includes everything he could dream about for the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top