• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I can not install Secret Files 3 (source Gamer’s Gate)

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I can not install Secret Files 3 (source Gamer’s Gate)

When I click the AutoStarter application file, The installation window opens, and I klick “Install”, then I get the message “Windows cannot find “setup.exe. Make sure that you typed the name correctly, and then try again”“

Why is this happening?

I run Windows 7, 32 Bit

PS, I successfully installed the game before 2 days ago, but that was when the Gamersgate had the wrong version of the game (German)

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

So, you could at least download the game. Others, like me, can’t. I was the first who reported the language version issue to Gamer’s Gate. After they “presumably” fixed the problem, every time I try to download the game, after 98% of the process concluded (mind you: it’s a 2 gigabytes download), a “server error” happens, no matter if you retry or start from scratch again. I already ticketed this problem, they replied aknowledging the issue but no fix is avaliable yet. And now Niclas post this “new” issue. I think I won’t be buying games from them for a long time…

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

I know it’s a silly question but have you tried restarting your computer? I find restarting the computer solves quite a few problems Smile

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

As you said it, it is a silly question. Of course I reset EVERETHING. I’m an IT consultant. The problem is not us, the buyers, but the ones who sell us, the sellers.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-12-27

PM

For starters, try uninstalling the game with REVO uninstaller - the freeware version should do just fine.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top