• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Look who I found in NIVELUL 2 (a Romanian gaming magazine)

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice, and 4-page spread. Liking those backgrounds.
Mr. Underhill will probably never see since he is now working non-stop in the basement

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

wilco - 11 June 2016 02:10 PM

Mr. Underhill will probably never see since he is now working non-stop in the basement

Surely he would be working in the attic? Grin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Caliburn - 11 June 2016 02:58 PM
wilco - 11 June 2016 02:10 PM

Surely he would be working in the attic? Grin

Grin well done!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hahaaa… You guys Tongue

Yup, that’s our first printed press appearance!

As you can imagine, my forums hangin’ out time, and actually time in general, has been drastically reduced since we got funded. Which is a good thing, because I’ve been writing and designing like crazy in this month or so Grin

Onward, for Cthulhu!!!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

My dudes and dudettes! Gave a TedXTalk recently about Kickstarting Gibbous, if you feel like watching it, the link’s below. It features a VERY sweaty me, on account of there being in excess of 30 degrees celsius in the venue, and me being scared shitless of public speaking.

Smile

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Mr Underhill - 29 June 2016 07:52 AM

My dudes and dudettes! Gave a TedXTalk recently about Kickstarting Gibbous, if you feel like watching it, the link’s below. It features a VERY sweaty me, on account of there being in excess of 30 degrees celsius in the venue, and me being scared shitless of public speaking.

Smile

I just watched it and you were great!  Sure a little nervous, but you were engaging and passionate, funny and educational.  You’re an inspiration man, and I wish you nothing but the best. 

Oh and I just jumped on board your Kickstarter campaign too.

I can’t wait for the game either.  I loved the demo!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 29 June 2016 07:52 AM

Smile

sorry i haven’t watched this before, but let me tell you if you can sustain your speech for 16mins with a sustained stage fright that doesn’t decrease with time (relatively) through the speech then you can do anything.

awesome man, i get this a lot, but my trick it to start looking around the audience to spot someone who really into what you are doing/saying and then directs the action/speech just for him/her, and by little moments later you can sustain such an intimacy with almost and all of the audince.

respect!, Tedx doesnt invite anyone to give that kind of speech .

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Awww, thanks, you guys! It’s a weird thing, I can stream and have a hundred people watching me, no sweat, but as soon as you can see the whites of their eyes, pants will be crapped Smile Oh well!

What sucks is that I’ve had little to no time to hit the forums anymore since we got funded, because, well, we’ve been working like crazy on this thing. I’m not complaining, I think it’s the biggest blessing possible to have people finance you so you can do what you love for a living, every single day. I constantly put in 10 to 12 hours a day and I don’t mind one bit, I am living and breathing Gibbous Grin

Throwing a few numbers out there:

39 “rooms” in the game so far, it will probably trend more towards 50. Of these, 4  are complete, 18 being worked on.

35 speaking characters so far.

Right now I’m focusing heavily on writing, with a couple of hours dedicated to graphical or musical work daily. Cami’s full time on background detail (heh, background detail), and Nicu’s working on optimizing loading times, our music system, and adding “rooms” and hotspots to the game.

Here’s some work in progress!

Very early room concept:

Serge, the concierge:

Storyboard still from the intro cutscene:

Attic sketch in my Notebook of Doom:

Same attic, a few hours later:

I hate to toot my own horn, but the way things are going, if you’re a Lucas Arts fan and eldritch abominations are your thing, this game will really, really please you. What am I saying? It’ll straight knock you out of your socks!  Wink

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Mr Underhill - 15 July 2016 05:53 AM

Throwing a few numbers out there:

39 “rooms” in the game so far, it will probably trend more towards 50. Of these, 4  are complete, 18 being worked on.

Impressive numbers Mr Underhill, I can`t wait to “hear” Vlad Dobrescu (a Romanian rapper) voicing a character in the game.

Keep up the good work !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

In case you’re wondering how the sausage is made, I’m now livestreaming some background art on https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar Feel free to drop in and make fun of me!  Laughing

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great summer. I wish I had more time to poke around the forums, but, nope - we’re fully immersed in this Gibbous business!

Speaking of which, Kickstarter Update #18 goes into detail into the work Don and Lindsay, our Don R Ketype and Kitteh, have been putting into voices!

Here’s a video that will give you a taste of the voice over quality!

What can I say? I love working on this game.  Heart Eyes

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems like good voice-over from the sample.
And how many cats will be adopted by the end of development? Smile It needs a list of all cats involved in the credits

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Well, since you’ve mentioned it… I didn’t include it in the update, ‘cause people would have really caught on to just how crazy cat ladies we are, but I found these 3 poor things trembling in front of my building, obviously abandoned by some asshole.

I couldn’t just leave them there, obviously. So now there’s 7 souls living in a one room apartment, god help us Tongue Fingers crossed we find them new homes soon!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahah nice
Live footage of the apartment when Gibbous is released:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top