• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What’s wrong with Iznogood leading the voting process? What’s different than in all the other voting processes???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2016 06:37 PM

What’s wrong with Iznogood leading the voting process? What’s different than in all the other voting processes???

Absolutely nothing! It’s the same process that was approved by the group two or three playthroughs ago.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like Dreamfall: Chapters so far. I’m finishing up Kathy Rain and knee deep in Zero Time Dilemma as we speak so this is a maybe for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 09:28 AM

Worse. We now have to wait THREE whole weeks before the CP can start.

Isn’t that the group decision. Three weeks for nominations/votes. One week for votes in case of ties. Person running the vote/tally process gets to break the tie if there is still a tie after the second vote. What’s the problem?

It both simplified and codified the process. And Iz is following it to the letter. And now people have problems with the process? This was predicted to happen. So sad that people can’t even agree to agree on what they agreed to agree on.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 01 July 2016 08:31 PM

Isn’t that the group decision.

I wouldn’t know. I’ll take your word for it. Stopped reading that bloody awful discussion at some point.

So sad that people can’t even agree to agree on what they agreed to agree on.

Since I didn’t agree on anything, I am not one of those “people”.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 01 July 2016 06:49 PM
TimovieMan - 01 July 2016 06:37 PM

Absolutely nothing! It’s the same process that was approved by the group two or three playthroughs ago.

That was the process that was agreed on (if not by everyone then by the majority), and Izno was kind enough to take on this task and follow it to the letter. I’m really not sure why there are complaints now. I guess you can never please everyone.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

If voting is a fixed 15 days, and voting started with Mike Kelly’s post on June 26, then voting should be finished on July 11, 9 days from now. Or am I missing something?

If voting were closed now, then Dreamfall Chapters would win with 4 people playing and maybe a few joining in who hadn’t voted for it. Sometimes voting picks up the 2nd week.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The 5 star rating for Goetia doesn’t immediately mean a thing but on reading the review I’d like to put it forward as a nomination + a vote from me!

I will have finished Resonance by the time the voting finishes!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’d like to nominate Black Dahlia.

I’m going to play it after I’m finished with Zero Time Dilemma so might as well but it up for voting to see if the community is interested. I can lead it but I never played it so couldn’t really tell much about the game story so would only set time frame (starting 15 July and finishing 8 August). Maybe other members could give hints and help.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Re: Black Dahlia, I love the game. I even helped write a walkthrough for it back when it first came out. But it’s not available on GOG. Don’t know about Steam. And I’m concerned that it might not be playable on current machines. I’ll tentatively vote for it if someone can tell me how you plan to get it to play.

(I recently discovered a way to get Amber - A Journey Beyond to play, but I haven’t had a chance to test it yet. So maybe there’s something similar out there for BD.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have Black Dahlia & would like to play it (as I love FMV) & I’ve tried installation in the past on my Win 7 64 bit system but can’t find a way for it to work! I do have an old XP if it might work on that but I’m not too inclined at the present time to switch as trying to access the internet on it is like trawling through mud, but if I’ve got a few games that I want to try that are only accessible on XP I may think about it in the not too far future.  Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Same here concerning Black Dhalia. I tried to install it before but couldn’t get it to run on windows 10. Any ideas how to get it to work?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t know of any way to make it work easily on Win7/10. There is a patch to play it on XP al least
I’ve read VirtualPC with Win95/98 works. I’m using this Dosbox witn Windows install but it takes a bit of time to set it up.
Maybe there’s a simpler way

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For Black Dahlia, you might have to install Windows 98 through DOSBox (it takes a while but it’s feasible).

See the instructions here: http://dosbox95.darktraveler.com/

EDIT: ninja’d

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

According to the box BD was intended to run on Win95. I have Win7-64 on my desktop and Win10-64 on a laptop. No spare PC’s on which to load an old OS, even if I could find a copy. So somebody will need to find a fix.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top