• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oscar - 01 July 2016 08:59 AM

Iznogood - I don’t mean to imply anything by this, but in the interest of transparency you probably shouldn’t be running this poll. Not only are you in the running to win it, you’re now trying to eliminate competitors and miscounting votes (Spycraft should have 3 votes, not 2).

What the hell are you talking about?

A) I’m not in the running to win anything whatsoever!

B) I’m not trying to eliminate anything or anyone - I asked a simple question.

C) I made a minor error where I forgot to change a number from 2 to 3 when updating, an error now corrected, but had correctly added the individual votes - so it wasn’t like any votes wasn’t counted.

D) The only reason it is me doing the tallying, is because absolutely nobody else was willing to do so.

I mean Jesus Christ, you try to do something good and make sure the CPT doesn’t get completely abounded despite all the discontent and sabotage attempts.
You strictly follow the rules agree upon, even though I don’t even like or agree with them.

And yet, some people still complain, are discontent and suffer from paranoia!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 01 July 2016 08:59 AM

Iznogood - I don’t mean to imply anything by this, but in the interest of transparency you probably shouldn’t be running this poll. Not only are you in the running to win it, you’re now trying to eliminate competitors and miscounting votes (Spycraft should have 3 votes, not 2).

Worse. We now have to wait THREE whole weeks before the CP can start.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 01 July 2016 09:24 AM

I mean Jesus Christ, you try to do something good and make sure the CPT doesn’t get completely abounded despite all the discontent and sabotage attempts.
You strictly follow the rules agree upon, even though I don’t even like or agree with them.

And yet, some people still complain, are discontent and suffer from paranoia!

I’ll add discontent, sabotage attempts, complaining, suffering from paranoia to the other loving descriptions of your fellow forumites, such as whiners, lazy bastards, rude, insulting, distrustful, cynical, and misanthropic.

You’re right: You are the only good person here, Isnogood.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Many thanks Iznogood for taking on the challenge of organising the voting for the next CPT!  Thumbs Up
There’s absolutely no way that I would even think about doing it again!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Congratulations for your patience Iznogood.

And yes, chrissie is right. I wouldn’t even think about doing it again too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

So you’re not going to lead Dreamfall Chapters if it wins?

I said I didn’t mean to imply anything. These errors tend to happen when a contender for a poll also manages it. This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling. I’m not being critical of you.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 01 July 2016 10:33 AM

I said I didn’t mean to imply anything.

Even I knew Oscar meant no harm.
Who’s suffering from paranoia here? Who’s complaining? Who’s discontent? 

Sefir - 01 July 2016 10:21 AM

Congratulations for your patience Iznogood.

Please point me to the patience he has shown. I don’t see any patience in posts like “what the hell are you talking about”.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 10:52 AM

Please point me to the patience he has shown. I don’t see any patience in stuff like “what the hell are you talking about”.

In continuing handling the voting process no matter what. In his place I would have given up much, much earlier….

(btw, possible playthrough leaders were handling the voting process in most situations in the past and there was nothing wrong with it).

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

So you’re not going to lead Dreamfall Chapters if it wins?

I said I didn’t mean to imply anything. These errors tend to happen when a contender for a poll also manages it. This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling. I’m not being critical of you.

Hey Oscar, whatever has Iznogood done wrong? other than to question why Spycraft would be included when there’s already an on-going PT/thread about it - the question was answered & the game has been included so end of story.
The ‘brave’ person who organises the voting on the CPT has to do no more (to start with) than than just update when members openly state on posts their preferences & I can’t for the life of me see why that person should be questionable just because they put forward a game that’s got ahead & they nominated themselves to lead it - there’s absolutely no ‘subterfuge’ here, & no independent non-gaming person to manage the votes is going to be interested in this trivia that is worlds apart from serious political situations!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 01 July 2016 11:10 AM

serious political situations!

And that’s exactly what you get and why should vote for Spycraft! Vote today! Vote now!! Together we can do it! If you don’t vote for Spycraft, you vote for Hitler!! Join the club today!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 01 July 2016 11:26 AM

And that’s exactly what you get and why should vote for Spycraft! Vote today! Vote now!! Together we can do it! If you don’t vote for Spycraft, you vote for Hitler!! Join the club today!

Laughing Well, if it wins maybe I will think about playing it (I know it’s on GOG) but as I’ve got a few other games to catch up with I have to vote for Hitler!  Laughing

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 01 July 2016 11:26 AM

Laughing

If Hitler were here, you know he’d vote for Dreamfall Chapters!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I said I didn’t mean to imply anything.

Yet you did imply a hell of lot of things.

These errors tend to happen when a contender for a poll also manages it.

And you continue to imply those very same things.

This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling.

Eh… who exactly do you think count the votes after an election?
- The members of the political parties of course! (including some civil servants - at least where I live)
And yet, despite that there has been only exactly one single case of voting fraud during my entire lifetime in my country, and only one single person was involved in that.

The ‘brave’ person who organises the voting on the CPT has to do no more (to start with) than than just update when members openly state on posts their preferences & I can’t for the life of me see why that person should be questionable just because they put forward a game that’s got ahead & they nominated themselves to lead it - there’s absolutely no ‘subterfuge’ here, & no independent non-gaming person to manage the votes is going to be interested in this trivia that is worlds apart from serious political situations!

Exactly, you want that the person who counts the votes is not allowed to take part in the actual voting him- or herself?
Good luck finding such a person.

And can we please just get back to the actual voting now!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

fun thread..

but seriously! i don’t have an idea what is going on with Oscar these days?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 01 July 2016 12:32 PM

This is why you don’t find political candidates organizing election polling.

Eh… who exactly do you think count the votes after an election?
- The members of the political parties of course! (including some civil servants - at least where I live)

WHAT!?! That’s unheard of in a democracy.

Three possibilities:
1. It’s not true and you are misinformed.
2. It’s not true and you are lying.
3. It is true and in that case there’s something rotten in the state of Denmark.

I’m glad I live in a country where such conflicts of interests are not condoned.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top