• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #12: Ceville

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ceville is/was the first and the last shot made by Kalypso Media/Realmforge Studios to create an adventure game which is similar to their previous published successful Jack Keane of Deck13.

Its a traditional adventure with two playable characters, was praised a lot on its release esp by Monkey Island fans, almost all reviews had rated it well, some said “a welcome return to the Golden Age of animated adventure gaming”

The gameplaying is fair difficult or i can say just a little notch below Hard.

The Challenge last until the 21st of June.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve started it, saw the intro and left the throne room. Never played it, seems a bit like Book of Unwritten Tales.
Ceville weird walking animation cracks me up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

glad you like it from the beginning, i always hated it and that ceville at 1st scene of the game, it took me three times of starting and quitting until i discovered what a gem it was as it gets much better than this just a bit afterwards.

uh doest he look like a resemblance for Qadaffi with his facial hair, head wear and walking stick.  Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it seems i don’t remember anything of my 1st play of it, long while ago, but that’s is good, eh?

i left the torture chamber, and i like how it gets harder from a scene to the other gradually, it seems there were other adventures using the same technique of growing difficulty, but i just can’t seem recall.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

An excellent game and one of my favourites from that period Thumbs Up

I will for many reasons however not join the challenge.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hmm, so all this gameplaying was just an introduction, i only reached Act One once Lily Appears.
Good i was started to think there is sumthing wrong as i remember the game wasn’t that easy, now the challenge just really started.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great game, no time to replay it now though - I’ve already played it few years ago, and I have Spycraft on my hands now (not to mention Keepsake Let’s Play Grin )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The game seems very strong on puzzles now, well integrated, i like how they reveal themselves in contrast like you gotta to this to do that, and so on.
not much of a story or background…so far.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

done!

this situation reminds of that joke when the little kid told his dad that he is the 1st at his class .... while there was only him at that class.

i give back the hand to Oscar to choose what is next.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 20 June 2016 09:59 AM

I’m pretty sure that isn’t within the rules.

I quote section 9 paragraph 32 of the Adventure Gamers Challenge Statute of 2016:
  Whosoever hands a Challenge to a person deemed to be a Challenger within the definition provided by the Act, the Challenger may not thereafter on completion of the Challenge hand back the Challenge to the original Challenger. If the Challenger however does this, the Challenger deserves a big smack on the bottom.

Pan

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 20 June 2016 10:05 AM
Advie - 20 June 2016 09:59 AM

I’m pretty sure that isn’t within the rules.

I quote section 9 paragraph 32 of the Adventure Gamers Challenge Statute of 2016:
  Whosoever hands a Challenge to a person deemed to be a Challenger within the definition provided by the Act, the Challenger may not thereafter on completion of the Challenge hand back the Challenge to the original Challenger. If the Challenger however does this, the Challenger deserves a big smack on the bottom.

Pan

doest that contradicts with Sec:7 Par:11: you can’t hit the bottom without the participant permission.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just for a quick update since the deadline is almost over, I’ve not made much progress, still on Act 1. Game seems ok, just not the best time to play. I’ll probably get back to it someday.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top